07-20-2017, 10:24 PM
User Info
Well, this is the soap forum so probably why snakebite doesn't get mentioned much. That said, it's a great a/s - I went through a bottle recently.

29 1,207
 07-20-2017, 10:27 PM
User Info
(07-20-2017, 10:24 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Well, this is the soap forum so probably why snakebite doesn't get mentioned much. That said, it's a great a/s - I went through a bottle recently.
But there is a Snakebite soap that is s mentholated.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

0 88
 07-21-2017, 09:43 AM
User Info
(07-20-2017, 09:26 PM)jaxstraww Wrote: Big menthol fan myself. I run Eskimo Tuxedo and Cryogen mostly. I have Dr. Jon's Artic Hydra but I don't find it that cold. Not mentioned allot in this thread is Fine Snakebite. I haven't used it yet but have only read good things.

Snakebite is definitely a good one. My favorite, as many have already mentioned, is Barrister & Mann Arctique. The one I need to try is Cryogen. Everything I've read seems to put it at the top of all mentholated soaps as far as the strength of the menthol.

7 109
 07-22-2017, 05:17 AM
User Info
(07-04-2017, 07:20 PM)BradleyD1146 Wrote: Can anyone give any advice on a good menthol soap/cream ? I've got some proraso pre shave and soap that gives a decent menthol feel and I've used up my Queen Charlotte Vostok soap who are no longer in business. Looking for a mid-high menthol feeling soap. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Proraso makes a wonderful menthol eucalyptus cream you should try. In the US, you can get it at Bath & Body Works under the name C. O. Bigelow. If you read the tube, you'll see it is made by Proraso. If you prefer, you can buy the "real thing" online. The same cream is in Proraso's green tubes. Some folks are not fond of the fragrance, but it is unarguably one of the best performing menthol creams available. This is really excellent stuff worth trying and is even reasonably priced. Cheers!

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

0 35
 07-22-2017, 05:41 AM
User Info
Thanks for all the feedback ! I'm really enjoying the Stirling Glacial soap. Nice and cold ! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore soap because right now I have enough to last at least 10+ years lol.

0 33
 07-24-2017, 02:28 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(07-20-2017, 10:27 PM)jaxstraww Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 10:24 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Well, this is the soap forum so probably why snakebite doesn't get mentioned much. That said, it's a great a/s - I went through a bottle recently.
But there is a Snakebite soap that is s mentholated.

I used that, for a while, last summer.  And, even though last summer was brutal, it was still too much menthol.  I love menthol, but, too much can burn.  It is better if the menthol is tempered, or, blended with other ingredients, such as camphor, eucalyutol, etc.  

That being said, I really wish Fine would mentholate all of soaps, and, leave snake bite extra mentholated, like the aftershave tonics.

1 589
 07-25-2017, 04:10 PM
User Info
(07-22-2017, 05:41 AM)BradleyD1146 Wrote: Thanks for all the feedback ! I'm really enjoying the Stirling Glacial soap. Nice and cold ! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore soap because right now I have enough to last at least 10+ years lol.

You can never have too many soaps.

0 88
 07-25-2017, 05:30 PM
User Info
"Yes" to Proraso Green!

And for the ultimate menthol shave combine with Proraso's menthol Pre-Shave cream and wrap it up with Proraso's Green Lozione Dopobarba.  

Give this a try: Keep a 400ml bottle of Proraso aftershave in the freezer section of your fridge between shaves and bring it out for an ultra cooling post-shave experience in these hot weeks. 

0 14
 08-01-2017, 05:31 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(07-04-2017, 07:20 PM)BradleyD1146 Wrote: Can anyone give any advice on a good menthol soap/cream ? I've got some proraso pre shave and soap that gives a decent menthol feel and I've used up my Queen Charlotte Vostok soap who are no longer in business. Looking for a mid-high menthol feeling soap. Thanks!

I, recently, tried Palmolive Refreshing Shaving Cream  (with Menthol), again, and, man, oh, man, this is one of the coldest shaving creams, I have ever tried.  

It smells exactly like Palmolive.

Edited for grammar.

1 589
 08-03-2017, 01:25 PM
User Info
I'm sure it's been said already but Stirling is the way to go IMHO with menthol soaps. They have many ranging from mild to tear-inducing. I have their "Gin and Tonic on the rocks" which is probably a 4-5 on the menthol scale (10 being Cryogen). It's gonna be the only soap I use this month, and I don't regret that at all.

16 1,027
 08-07-2017, 06:20 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here are my observations regarding the Cryogen and the Glacial soaps:

Yes indeed, the Cryogen is loaded to the hilt with POWERFUL menthol, HOWEVER: Since the Glacial formulas were changed these soaps have dethroned the Cryogen as the king of menthol soaps. I used the Obsidian this morning and the freezing sensation was borderline-painful, even during my first pass. I'm flabbergasted at how these soaps can retain their beautiful scents and lather so well with all that menthol.

3 2,638