Poll: Would you want to keep shaving if you didn't have to?
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 07-05-2017, 03:16 AM
User Info
I am curious ... 

I look forward to shaving - especially if I get a new soap or cream ... but really if I get a new razor!  This got me to thinking ... if there was a way to have my facial hair just as I want it, permanently or semi-permanently ... and there was no need to shave - would I want to?  Or would I opt to keep shaving.

Turn on your 'sci-fi' imagination .... 

- You go someplace (a salon - stylist - whatever) and they can make it so your hair length, color, style, etc, will stay the way it is until you desire to have it changed ... this is - of course - optional.  Do you do it?  Or do you like shaving enough to keep doing it despite this option?

1 150
 07-05-2017, 03:59 AM
User Info
I would still shave.  On Monday through Friday I have to shave for work.  However, I still shave every Saturday and Sunday even though I don't have to.

43 5,486
 07-05-2017, 05:28 AM
User Info
I don't have to shave. I was a union ironworker for 20 years and didn't have to shave but did. I didn't enjoy it. Just something that had to be done as quickly as possible. I became a professional street shop tattooer the last 25 years of my working life and didn't have to shave. I began enjoying shaving in 2007 when I discovered the forums and learned how. Now I'm 3 years retired and I don't have to shave. 

I've gone through phases since then where shaving lost some of its glow and became a chore again, but only for a short time. Now I'm back to enjoying it immensely and sometimes wishing that I could shave more than once per day.

6 187
 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM
User Info
Shaver for life!

13 1,073
 07-05-2017, 05:32 PM
User Info
I'm always after the best shave possible, regardless of equipment. Wouldn't never needing to shave again be the grail result? The act of shaving has never been a zen thing for me. It's something that has to be done so I choose to do it in the most effective & enjoyable way possible. However, I wouldn't think twice if I could remain BBS without ever having to shave.

31 8,038
 07-07-2017, 08:07 AM
User Info
enjoy the entire process too much now to quit.  the soaps and brushes alone are reasons for me to stay involved. not using smn cream and that scent - unacceptable

71 1,243
 07-08-2017, 07:27 AM
User Info
To me shaving is really easy. 

But it wasn't easy in the beginning, when I was younger.

And we have excellent DE blades these days.

Stan Musial, Duke Snider, Mickey Mantle and the others of those days didn't have blades as good as ours. 

1 388
 07-08-2017, 12:20 PM
User Info
When I started getting really deep into this hobby in 2011, I would shave, even if not necessary.

Today 6+ years later, I don't enjoy my shaves that much anymore - it's more something I just have to do, but when I do it, I do appreciate using a high quality shaving soap, a great badger brush and a nice razor to move down my hairs.

But no, I don't enjoy the shave like I used to do.

I guess at some stage in life, when you have done the same thing over and over, the repetition gets boring, even using differented scented soap and different brushes - they all do the same job bascially - remove your hair in the most gentle and effective way without pain nor irritation.

I have perfected my technique now, so I feel I'm 95-98% effective for 99% of my shaves  Tongue

But honestly, if I didn't have to shave, I would sell all my gear instantly, no hesitation what so ever.

24 5,752
 07-08-2017, 08:52 PM
User Info
I don't have to shave everyday. Heck, I don't have to shave every week. For a time, I wore permanent 5 o'clock stubble. But since I've found the right software, hardware, and technique - the task of shaving has turned into an exploration of art that I truly enjoy.

23 905
 07-09-2017, 04:48 AM
User Info
I love to shave and would continue to do so all my life. Even before I got hooked to traditional wet shaving, I would in my limited capacity invest in good quality creams and aftershaves. A good clean shave always gave me the edge since I knew people around me didn't care much on how they shaved and how they looked. Sloppy shaves are always a let down for a man.

Last 15 months, ever since I got introduced to TWS, there is no looking back. Having invested in a considerable amount of money now into my collection of soaps, razors,brushes it would be only foolish to not shave daily.

Moreover, my work demands that I shave daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 671
 5 hours ago
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I like how I feel after I've shaved: clean and invigorated.  I can't imagine starting my day without shaving.  Also, from an appearance perspective, I don't like the GQ look (ie 5 o'clock shadow) or facial hair, especially beards and goatees.

5 869
 4 hours ago
User Info
You're polling a control group of wet-shaving enthusiasts... 

38 3,801
 4 hours ago
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
(07-05-2017, 03:59 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I would still shave.  On Monday through Friday I have to shave for work.  However, I still shave every Saturday and Sunday even though I don't have to.

+1

55 1,547