07-05-2017, 11:35 AM
User Info
I need to make room for incoming brushes, and am offering these two by Doug Korn and Bob Quinn, both highly regarded artisans.  I am the original owner of both brushes.  The brushes have been lightly used in a large rotation and cared for exceedingly well.  Neither brush has shed or has any issues.  Price includes CONUS shipping.  I'll ship internationally if the buyer covers the additional costs and assumes the risk of no tracking or insurance.  No trades please.

SOLD Doug Korn D7 With Epsilon 27mm Two-Band Knot

The Epsilon two-band knots have received many positive reviews.  Unfortunately, many guys don't like the Epsilon handle.  Doug has acquired a great reputation removing these knots from the Epsilon handle and transplanting them into one of his superb custom handles.  This 27mm knot is set to a 50mm loft, which is the same as the original Epsilon brush it came from.  The D7 handle is made of grain ivory, with a beautiful pattern that's hard to see in some of the pictures.  This knot has uber backbone and scrub, but no scritch.  If you like Simpson Manchurian or Shavemac D01 Two-Band, you will definitely like this knot.  If you're looking for Thater softness, this knot is not for you. 

I'm selling this brush because I have another one of Doug's handles with the same knot set to the same loft.  Additionally, I have other projects in mind for Doug. 

[Image: PG8aLJ7.jpg]

[Image: MB1lCk5.jpg]

[Image: F9JIadT.jpg]

I purchased this brush in September 2016, and reviewed it here:

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=44355

The only way to acquire one of these knots is to buy an Epsilon brush, which costs $114 with the TSN discount, plus shipping.  Doug charged $85, plus shipping, to make the handle and transplant the knot into it.  Thus, the total cost of the brush is $199 ($114 + $85).  Due to the high cost of acquiring this knot, there is no practical way to sell these brushes without the seller taking a bath on the price.  However, I'm fine offering this at a low price and keeping in the TSN community.

Sale Price:  $75. SOLD

SOLD Bob Quinn With 28mm Manchurian White Knot

Bob Quinn's (Elite Razor) Manchurian White knots have received many positive reviews.  I acquired this 28mm version in May 2016, when he first offered his Manchurian White knots.  I wanted to try these new knots and was amazed at the quality.  Solid backbone with Thater softness best summarizes how great these knots are.  This 28mm knot is so well packed that it measures 32mm at the top of the handle.  The loft is set to 50-51mm, which I find provides an optimal balance of splay, backbone and softness.  This is a true mega size brush, with a handle that approximates the size of a Chubby 3.

I'm selling this brush because I acquired an XL Shavemac Two-Band and don't need two 30mm+ brushes in my rotation.   Additionally, I have other projects in mind for Bob. 

[Image: zITdktk.jpg]

[Image: 0XaD0TN.jpg]

The total cost of this brush was $112.  The price of a Manchurian White 28mm knot by itself is $70.

Sale Price:  $65. SOLD

50 6,097
 07-05-2017, 11:47 AM
User Info
I'll take the Bob Quinn. PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 278
 07-05-2017, 11:57 AM
User Info
Man, that Bob Quinn brush looks awesome...love the stripes.  GLWTS

17 1,423
 07-05-2017, 12:01 PM
User Info
(07-05-2017, 11:57 AM)wreck | fish Wrote: Man, that Bob Quinn brush looks awesome...love the stripes.  GLWTS

Thanks Tom.  The Bob Quinn sold in minutes.

50 6,097
 07-05-2017, 12:06 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Beautiful brushes Ricardo.

The D7 handle is 60mm tall? I know he makes some variations of the D7.

75 1,320
 07-05-2017, 12:33 PM
User Info
(07-05-2017, 12:06 PM)Gabe Wrote: Beautiful brushes Ricardo.

The D7 handle is 60mm tall? I know he makes some variations of the D7.

Gabriel, it is the standard 60mm D7.

50 6,097
 07-05-2017, 12:33 PM
User Info
Nice offerings, Ricardo!  As you know, I'm a big fan of Doug and Bob's work.  Still, I'm glad that Elite brush got snatched up!   Tongue  Good luck...

73 4,303
 07-05-2017, 12:34 PM
User Info
Both brushes sold in minutes.  Thanks to the buyers and TSN.

50 6,097