07-24-2017, 02:51 PM
User Info
I had a pretty bad RAD, I kept on trying and trying what was available on the market.
Then I found my SB timeless .95, and that was it with my DE AD.
My straight RAD went away with Koraat and Tanifuji.
The strop AD settled on three products.
My SBAD, seems calmed down with making a rotation out of my collection of brushes.
The soap is pretty much SAponificio Varesino, but the addiction seems able to flare up.
I guess that once I found what worked for me, it felt like it could not get any better.
For brushes and soaps, I like to look at my "stuff" everyday and wonder which I am going to use.
For razors (and blades) the rotation is pretty much settled and has not changed since a while.
I am now thinking of selling all those items that are not getting enough love, so,that they can be cherished by someone else.
I take pleasure in reading other people's reviews and experiences, but do not really feel tempted by anything to add to my selection of perfect gear... yet.

0 48
 07-25-2017, 08:11 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
(07-24-2017, 02:51 PM)Whitewolf777 Wrote: I had a pretty bad RAD, I kept on trying and trying what was available on the market.
Then I found my SB timeless .95, and that was it with my DE AD.
My straight RAD went away with Koraat and Tanifuji.
The strop AD settled on three products.
My SBAD, seems calmed down with making a rotation out of my collection of brushes.
The soap is pretty much SAponificio Varesino, but the addiction seems able to flare up.
I guess that once I found what worked for me, it felt like it could not get any better.
For brushes and soaps, I like to look at my "stuff" everyday and wonder which I am going to use.
For razors (and blades) the rotation is pretty much settled and has not changed since a while.
I am now thinking of selling all those items that are not getting enough love, so,that they can be cherished by someone else.
I take pleasure in reading other people's reviews and experiences, but do not really feel tempted by anything to add to my selection of perfect gear... yet.

It sounds like you've gotten your preferences down to your ideal setup. We share similar practices with daily brush and soap choices, razors and blades.

7 2,160
 07-25-2017, 08:17 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-24-2017, 02:51 PM)Whitewolf777 Wrote: I take pleasure in reading other people's reviews and experiences, but do not really feel tempted by anything to add to my selection of perfect gear... yet.

[Image: giphy.gif]

49 1,999
 07-25-2017, 02:39 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(07-06-2017, 05:23 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: If one is serious about a hobby, as opposed to a passing fad, one is never "done."  The pace of acquisitions may decrease, because you get more selective as you refine your preferences.  However, you will always be intrigued by and acquire new items because it's a hobby and you're just into it.

Well put good sir, well put.

7 2,328
 07-29-2017, 11:40 AM
User Info
I'm a lot more selective these days, and I see a few hype a mile away. Good products still nudge at me from time to time.

11 1,169