07-07-2017, 01:21 PM
User Info
Does anyone have a great storage system for soaps and aftershaves within bathroom drawers? Looking for some fresh ideas to keep things organized.

21 124
 07-07-2017, 01:42 PM
User Info
Avoid storing fragrances and after shaves in the bathroom, unless you only have a few bottles.

24 5,972
 07-07-2017, 01:57 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-07-2017, 01:42 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Avoid storing fragrances and after shaves in the bathroom, unless you only have a few bottles.

I'm curious, Claus. Why is that?

6 354
 07-07-2017, 02:01 PM
User Info
(07-07-2017, 01:42 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Avoid storing fragrances and after shaves in the bathroom, unless you only have a few bottles.
Unfortunately the bathroom is the most practical location for these items in my home.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 124
 07-07-2017, 04:10 PM
User Info
Temperature and light, specifically UV, are the enemies of fragrances.  You want to keep the temp low and filter the UV light.  Also, you want to avoid temperature swings.  This can all be accomplished in any room in your home.  Just a bit harder in the bathroom.  I have included a picture of my bathroom fragrance storage solution.  The cabinet is climate controlled and the glass doors are coated with a film that stops UVa and UVb light from entering the cabinet.

[Image: qL4qhQ2.jpg]

6 199
 07-07-2017, 08:16 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
Thanks, @never2close. My home has no air-conditioning, as I live in a place where high temperatures are relatively rare (as are air-conditioning systems). There's no light in the bathroom where I store my aftershaves. I'm pretty sure my bathroom is the best place to keep the stuff, notwithstanding the degree or two of heat that's added when I take a shower. I'll keep storing about 100 of my 130 or so aftershaves on my bathroom counter without stress.

P.S. I keep my colognes in a different bathroom without a shower and no light. It's also perhaps the most stable temperature room in the house. I'm content with that, as well.

6 354
 07-07-2017, 08:41 PM
User Info
OK, I love you guys but you might be missing my question. I've 12 soaps and AS each. I have a drawer and under sink door to store them. Any great Ikea, Container store, or Etsy hacks on keeping the den in check are welcome. But now I've seen I'm under matched and resourced here...Smile

21 124
 07-07-2017, 09:18 PM
User Info
(07-07-2017, 04:10 PM)Never2Close Wrote: Temperature and light, specifically UV, are the enemies of fragrances.  You want to keep the temp low and filter the UV light.  Also, you want to avoid temperature swings.  This can all be accomplished in any room in your home.  Just a bit harder in the bathroom.  I have included a picture of my bathroom fragrance storage solution.  The cabinet is climate controlled and the glass doors are coated with a film that stops UVa and UVb light from entering the cabinet.

Great fragrance collection you got there !!

The Guerlain next to Derby and the two GFT's, what is that ? SDV or TI or CB....just curious ?

You should write in the 'What fragrance are you wearing today thread" ?

24 5,972
 07-07-2017, 09:22 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-07-2017, 08:41 PM)Jackson Wrote: OK, I love you guys but you might be missing my question. I've 12 soaps and AS each. I have a drawer and under sink door to store them. Any great Ikea, Container store, or Etsy hacks on keeping the den in check are welcome. But now I've seen I'm under matched and resourced here...Smile

Sorry, Jackson. We've been impolite. I'm running out of space also, and my plan is to use some plastic tubs that fit under my sink cabinet to store my gear. In my bathroom, there's a nice set of cabinets under the sink, and a couple of feet of room under the cabinets. I can slide some tubs underneath and, if I'm lucky, my wife will never notice. Shhhhh...

6 354
 07-07-2017, 09:25 PM
User Info
(07-07-2017, 01:57 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:

Normally in bathrooms, the temperature will fluctuate and there will be a lot of high heat from the showers, so unless you have a temperature controlled bathroom, I would avoid storing fragrances there.

High heat and temperature fluctuations are the worst enemy of fragrances.

24 5,972
 07-07-2017, 09:26 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(07-07-2017, 09:25 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 01:57 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:

Normally in bathrooms, the temperature will fluctuate and there will be a lof of high heat from the showers, so unless you have a temperature controlled bathroom, I would avoid storing fragrances there.

High heat and temperature fluctuations are the worst enemy of fragrances.

Thanks, Claus.

6 354
 07-08-2017, 04:17 AM
User Info
(07-07-2017, 09:18 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 04:10 PM)Never2Close Wrote: Temperature and light, specifically UV, are the enemies of fragrances.  You want to keep the temp low and filter the UV light.  Also, you want to avoid temperature swings.  This can all be accomplished in any room in your home.  Just a bit harder in the bathroom.  I have included a picture of my bathroom fragrance storage solution.  The cabinet is climate controlled and the glass doors are coated with a film that stops UVa and UVb light from entering the cabinet.

The Guerlain next to Derby and the two GFT's, what is that ? SDV or TI or CB....just curious ?

Thanks for the compliment.  Very good eyesight.  It is SDV.  My favorite vanilla scent.  OP, sorry for the thread jack.

6 199
 07-08-2017, 05:03 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info

Holy Chit!  Awesome!!!  Which Crown Perfume is that?

168 1,387
 07-08-2017, 05:25 AM
User Info
(07-08-2017, 05:03 AM)Steelman Wrote:

Holy Chit!  Awesome!!!  Which Crown Perfume is that?

X.  Thanks.

6 199
 07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
User Info
(07-08-2017, 04:17 AM)Never2Close Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 09:18 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:

Thanks for the compliment.  Very good eyesight.  It is SDV.  My favorite vanilla scent.  OP, sorry for the thread jack.

You're welcome.

Please write once in a while in the frag of the day thread here, if you feel inspired to.

I also own SDV and TI - the top caps are useless (unless you use them as a splash), so I could spot the bottle design instantly (I'm a serious frag head too)

Wish I could display my fragrances like you do - would please the OCD in me.

My bottles are kept in 5 HUGE drawers in the colder part of the bedroom.
All my bottles are cramped together like you would not dream of - I can barely romeove a bottle without having to take out several other bottles, but they are kept cool and dark so I hope they will lats for decades.

I figured out if I use 3 ml fragrance a day, this is roughly 1000 ml a year.
That's 10 x 100 ml bottles.

If I stop buying fragrances now, I have enough juice now in my collection to last me roughly 50 years from now.

24 5,972
 07-08-2017, 12:49 PM
User Info
Hey Folks, let's get back on point and give Jackson a chance. Shy   As for me, I'm not too much help as my cramped vanity space has no drawers.  However, I do store a lot of my soaps in various sizes of Container Store's "Like It" storage bricks, only I have to stack them in a storage area I carved out of my closet.  The shorter models like this one (there are at least three footprints if I recall) might be an option in your drawer.  Good luck!

[Image: ujC0lha.jpg]

73 4,303
 07-10-2017, 05:06 AM
User Info
(07-08-2017, 12:49 PM)TexBilly Wrote: Hey Folks, let's get back on point and give Jackson a chance.

Perhaps the fraghead in some of us got a little carried away. Gentleman has a nice collection indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 804