10-03-2017, 03:37 PM
User Info
How are you guys enjoying the Rocnel? I haven't seen anyone post here in a while.

69 2,195
 10-11-2017, 08:28 PM
User Info
First off, thank you to Phil for providing a chance to use this razor.

I received the SE-G razor and I have shaved with it 5 times. The shave angle is very comfortable and is very easy to maneuver around the face. The profile of the cap is the best on any of the modern Gem razors. I wish I could say more about how much I love this razor because I think it's profile is perfect. My issue is that I can't get it to shave smooth. It is efficient and it won't leave nicks so long as you have steady even pressure on both sides of the cap, but I can't get a smooth shave out of it.

Well I'm passing this on. Let's see who can tame this beast!

Thank you again for the tour Phil!

1 171
 10-13-2017, 03:18 AM
User Info
Sent you a message, Phil. Please refer to my second message as I added a reference.

0 36
 11-01-2017, 03:16 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Any updates?  Who currently has this razor?

9 1,449
 11-01-2017, 06:24 AM
User Info
All, I received the razor yesterday even though USPS said delivered on Monday. Will keep everyone posted once I give it a shot, probably Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 207
 11-02-2017, 09:04 PM
User Info
Excellent...that means I’m next in line. Enjoy!

5 118
 11-15-2017, 04:01 PM
User Info
Ok everyone, my apologies for a late update here. Unfortunately I had to travel last week and didn't want to take the razor with me, can never trust airport security

So I was able to use it first time today morning on a 3 day growth which in my case is alot.

Couple of passes were good to clear our alot of hair but I just think this is an aggressive Gem razor for me, I had to do the 3rd pass with another razor just to be safe as I was feeling a bit uncomfortable with it.

I hope to give it a go on Friday morning now after which plan to ship it forward to next person on Saturday.

10 207
 11-20-2017, 08:45 AM
User Info
So the time has come to say goodbye to the razor, i will be shipping it out today evening so goes out tomorrow to Rafael ( who has been patiently waiting for it  Biggrin )

Final thoughts after 2 shaves i got out of it was, the razor is one of the best looking GEM razors out there IMO and loading of blade is pretty easy but the shave was just too aggressive for me, i just think blade exposure is bit too much for me and it just takes out the fun in shaving. 

Of course this is just my opinion and maybe my technique didnt match with what the razor might have wanted.

10 207
 11-20-2017, 09:02 AM
User Info
Although not in the passaround, I have received my SE-G a couple of shaves ago and it's indeed a highly efficient instrument. On my first shave I managed to cut myself behind the ear in a way the flow of blood would just not stop.
Second attempt, I did only one very careful pass and I managed without blood letting. Only one pass and I was almost BBs insome areas.
I think next attempt I will try with a despined GEM to see if it will sit further back reducing exposure.

0 315
 11-28-2017, 05:11 PM
User Info
The Rocnel SE-G has landed in L.A....I will begin my shaving adventure with it tomorrow morning. Looking forward a great shaving experience. Thank you Ankit for the secure handling from TX.

5 118
 11-29-2017, 09:09 PM
User Info
My first experience with the Rocnel SE-G was mixed.  First the positive, love the handle and heft of the razor.  It feels very secure in the hand and the metal color is great looking.  Loading the blade was easy after I saw a You Tube video on how to do it.  Next the not so good experience...I nicked myself in three different places.  I thought I was intentionally minimizing the pressure of my strokes, but perhaps I was too hurried.  I thought about using a pre-shave oil and now in hindsight I will use it next shave.  I can feel more blade exposure with this razor compared to other SE razors that I own such as Gems, Streamline, and the Sabre.  I most likely will wait for two days of facial growth before my next attempt.  Will keep everyone posted.

5 118
 12-02-2017, 01:10 PM
User Info
Now that I’ve had several opportunities to experience the Rocnel SE-G, I would not include it as part of my rotation. This razor is too aggressive for my taste. Too much blade exposure for me along with irritation and red streaks on my neck. I’m glad for this experience and the knowledge gained. It’s truly a delight to hold and feel the robustness and weight of this razor along with the balance. My one week was up on Monday, but I decided to ship it today to Joe (Bladeruner). May he discover new insights on this great piece of shaving equipment. Thanks Bullgoose for the tour.

5 118
 12-04-2017, 07:36 PM
User Info
The razor arrived today and I am about to take it for a spin. I had forgotten all about this pass around so I was pleasantly surprised when I received the message from Rafael.

2 69