07-16-2017, 07:34 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Guys, the easiest way is to sign up to get notifications for every one of their brushes.  There was plenty of opportunity yesterday.

48 976
 07-16-2017, 11:28 AM
User Info
Hmm.

I have gotten notifications before. I either didn't see it in time or didn't have the money at the moment they were released.

Sounds like you do need to sign up for each variation individually. I wonder if you only get one email or if you keep getting one until you buy one? 

I do have a handle out in process with him someone else made.  

The Nebula looks cool. 
I just couldn't get onboard with his off white matte finish. I also thought the blue handles looked much different in other people's pictures when they got them. 

It's hard for me to get a good idea of colors, size, and scale from the pictures of most brushes judging by websites alone. I feel that way about just about every brush shop honestly. I don't know what what to even suggest that might work for the issue. Rudy Vey has his golf ball and Wolf Whiskers has his lip balm for scale I guess. Those seem to be a helpful thing to me for relative size.

9 1,409
 07-16-2017, 03:21 PM
User Info
(07-16-2017, 11:28 AM)bakerbarber Wrote: Hmm.

I have gotten notifications before. I either didn't see it in time or didn't have the money at the moment they were released.

Sounds like you do need to sign up for each variation individually. I wonder if you only get one email or if you keep getting one until you buy one? 

I do have a handle out in process with him someone else made.  

The Nebula looks cool. 
I just couldn't get onboard with his off white matte finish. I also thought the blue handles looked much different in other people's pictures when they got them. 

It's hard for me to get a good idea of colors, size, and scale from the pictures of most brushes judging by websites alone. I feel that way about just about every brush shop honestly. I don't know what what to even suggest that might work for the issue. Rudy Vey has his golf ball and Wolf Whiskers has his lip balm for scale I guess. Those seem to be a helpful thing to me for relative size.
The "Unicorn Ivoy" (lol) looks much better in hand than in a picture. There's an iridescence in it you just can't capture in a picture. It's very subtle, but makes all the difference when you see it, but doesn't look corny like a carnival ride either. I will add, they do look a bit plain in the photos.
It's still hand poured alumilite whatever the color.

7 326
 07-17-2017, 08:38 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I have one coming to me soon.  I can't wait to see what all the hub bub is about!

74 1,509
 07-17-2017, 09:00 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Crag Wrote: I have one coming to me soon.  I can't wait to see what all the hub bub is about!

I have three (and used another that I traded for a current one) and they are really great brushes. I think you'll be pleased.

60 843
 07-18-2017, 03:33 AM
User Info
(07-17-2017, 08:38 PM)Crag Wrote: I have one coming to me soon.  I can't wait to see what all the hub bub is about!

We'll look forward to pictures Matt!

50 6,078
 07-18-2017, 07:18 AM
User Info
I signed up for notification and got notified when their Jefferson was available earlier this month. Being in a different timezone however meant I read the mail at the moment they were sold out again Smile

3 103
 07-18-2017, 02:13 PM
User Info
(07-15-2017, 05:35 PM)doc47 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 05:18 PM)greyhawk Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 02:56 PM)evnpar Wrote: +1

Is it because you don't like their business model, you think their products are lousy, the customer service stinks, you got ripped off, some other bad experience, something else?? IMHO, it's unfair to both vendor and forum members to make such comments without some kind of reason. I haven't heard of any problems with this vendor and have a few of his brushes. My experience has been fine and I love the brushes.

Wrong, you don't need an explanation it is sufficient that I won't do business there. You see it is none of your business; and unless I ask you to get involved in my affairs it will remain so.

I don't mean to be rude but it is my perception that when you go out of your way to make a public comment it becomes public business. I am not saying you are obligated to say anything further but should you not be willing to elaborate then perhaps it is best to simply not comment. Otherwise you have unfairly spoken negatively toward a brand in public light without reason. It's not gentlemanly to raise a red flag on a brand without elaborating and not fair to the company as the owner can not defend his brand from an unknown criticism.

3 96
 07-18-2017, 03:15 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
(07-18-2017, 02:13 PM)IMightBeWrong Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 05:35 PM)doc47 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 05:18 PM)greyhawk Wrote: Is it because you don't like their business model, you think their products are lousy, the customer service stinks, you got ripped off, some other bad experience, something else?? IMHO, it's unfair to both vendor and forum members to make such comments without some kind of reason. I haven't heard of any problems with this vendor and have a few of his brushes. My experience has been fine and I love the brushes.

Wrong, you don't need an explanation it is sufficient that I won't do business there. You see it is none of your business; and unless I ask you to get involved in my affairs it will remain so.

I don't mean to be rude but it is my perception that when you go out of your way to make a public comment it becomes public business. I am not saying you are obligated to say anything further but should you not be willing to elaborate then perhaps it is best to simply not comment. Otherwise you have unfairly spoken negatively toward a brand in public light without reason. It's not gentlemanly to raise a red flag on a brand without elaborating and not fair to the company as the owner can not defend his brand from an unknown criticism.
FYI, I also will not do business with Chevrolet and about a million other companies. My comment stands and it is very rude of you or anyone else to ask for more of an explanation. Whom I chose to do commerce with is no one's business but mine. Why is that such a difficult concept to understand? I also find it amazingly presumptuous that you find my comment negative; do you feel my comment about not doing business with Chevrolet to be negative?  As far as I'm concerned this thread is finished, I will not return

11 659
 07-18-2017, 03:35 PM
User Info
Take it easy gentlemen.

50 6,078
 07-18-2017, 03:39 PM
User Info
Apologies. I didn't realize I would illicit that sort of response. I was simply looking for a polite discourse. Just because people don't agree shouldn't mean they shouldn't discuss things in a civil way.

3 96
 07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-18-2017, 03:15 PM)doc47 Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 02:13 PM)IMightBeWrong Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 05:35 PM)doc47 Wrote: Wrong, you don't need an explanation it is sufficient that I won't do business there. You see it is none of your business; and unless I ask you to get involved in my affairs it will remain so.

FYI, I also will not do business with Chevrolet and about a million other companies. My comment stands and it is very rude of you or anyone else to ask for more of an explanation. Whom I chose to do commerce with is no one's business but mine. Why is that such a difficult concept to understand? I also find it amazingly presumptuous that you find my comment negative; do you feel my comment about not doing business with Chevrolet to be negative?  As far as I'm concerned this thread is finished, I will not return

The hostility in your responses is uncalled for in a forum that is dedicated to courteous discussion and behavior. You made a provocative comment, and it is not rude of anyone to ask you for clarification. Forums are, by definition, for discussion. To pull back and angrily say it is a private matter is disingenuous since you chose to make the statement in a public forum. It is also silly to claim surprise that a few other members found the comment negative, as going to the trouble of posting that you would not do business with a party obviously implies that the reason is negative. (Do you expect anyone to infer that you won’t do business with a vendor because you like them a lot?)

You stated, "Whom I chose [sic] to do commerce with is no one's business but mine". It's a difficult concept for me to understand in this context because it defies simple logic. If it's no one's business, why post it in a public forum--and then get outraged when you are asked to clarify your statement?

60 843
 07-19-2017, 12:16 PM
User Info
Gentlemen, this is a good thread about Declaration Brushworks.  It has gone off topic a number of times over and this is the third time I've had to post about keeping the discussion gentlemanly.  The three parties involved, and you know who you are, have each made your point and it's time to move on.   Any further discussion which is not consistent with our standards will result in whatever actions the Moderators deem proper, including closing the thread.

50 6,078
 07-19-2017, 06:24 PM
User Info
I've been slightly interested in the Declaration brushes but have held off thus far because I don't care for the looks. I'd rather spend the same amount or slightly more on an Saponificio Varesino, M&F, Shavemac, or one if the other high end brushes that have better looking brushes. Of course that's just my opinion and from what I've heard the Declaration brushes are indeed very nice.

3 920
 07-19-2017, 11:47 PM
User Info
I had a B1 knot installed into a elite razor handle and I am very pleased with both..

21 272
 07-20-2017, 03:33 AM
User Info
I want to try a B2...(so I've been told)  Biggrin

39 3,919
 07-22-2017, 10:33 AM
User Info
I managed to get a Jefferson in the cart earlier only for PayPal to refuse to give me a UK shipping option
I presume Declaration won't ship outside the US?

2 51
 07-22-2017, 12:26 PM
User Info
So close, yet so far...

I received a notice that The Franklin (30mm) was now available.  By the time I opened my e-mail 3 hours later it was sold out.

They sure go fast.  Mind you, the batches are very small.

I'm hoping that he ships to Canada, in case I get to my mail fast enough next time.

1 399
 07-22-2017, 01:01 PM
User Info
(07-22-2017, 12:26 PM)David Wrote: So close, yet so far...

I received a notice that The Franklin (30mm) was now available.  By the time I opened my e-mail 3 hours later it was sold out.

They sure go fast.  Mind you, the batches are very small.

I'm hoping that he ships to Canada, in case I get to my mail fast enough next time.

Same here, exactly 3 hours, left my phone at home! It was the first notice I've received or possibly second, it was dissapointing, but also a bit exciting I received a notice

28 779
 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
When you get the notice you realistically have between 0 and 30 minutes to buy.

48 976