07-16-2017, 10:03 AM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
So, I have been, really, extra slack about my exfoliating, lately, with all the stress, of finding a new place.  So, I now have razor bumps, right under my bottom lip.  Between my bottom lip, and, my chin. 

So, I noticed them, the other day, and, have exfoliated, twice, with a soft tooth brush, used a wash cloth, in the shower, about 5 times, since discovery, and, an additional time, with exfoliating soap.  I have also used a blackhead/whitehead remover.  That, in combination with the soft toothbrush, has left this area, of my face, a bloody, reddened mess. 

Can anyone help with this catastrophe?  Do exfoliating wands work?

1 589
 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(07-16-2017, 10:03 AM)Quando Wrote: So, I have been, really, extra slack about my exfoliating, lately, with all the stress, of finding a new place.  So, I now have razor bumps, right under my bottom lip.  Between my bottom lip, and, my chin. 

So, I noticed them, the other day, and, have exfoliated, twice, with a soft tooth brush, used a wash cloth, in the shower, about 5 times, since discovery, and, an additional time, with exfoliating soap.  I have also used a blackhead/whitehead remover.  That, in combination with the soft toothbrush, has left this area, of my face, a bloody, reddened mess. 

I use Bump Patrol to help with razor bumps. I would not try anymore exfoliation.  I think that would just make it worse.

3 561
 07-16-2017, 10:13 AM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-16-2017, 10:12 AM)DayMan Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 10:03 AM)Quando Wrote: So, I have been, really, extra slack about my exfoliating, lately, with all the stress, of finding a new place.  So, I now have razor bumps, right under my bottom lip.  Between my bottom lip, and, my chin. 

I use Bump Patrol to help with razor bumps. I would not try anymore exfoliation.  I think that would just make it worse.

Okay.  I was, on my way, to the store, anyway, so, I will take a look.   Thanks.  Cheers.

1 589
 07-16-2017, 12:45 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Unrefined shea butter.

7 2,165
 07-16-2017, 12:49 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Less pressure, mild razor

Good prep with a towel dipped in warm water

Shea Moisture Tea Tree After Shave. It's a bump preventer, a really nice tonic.

49 1,999
 07-16-2017, 02:13 PM
User Info
When I first started wet shaving I followed a similar route. Developed blackheads/whiteheads just like you until I started reading about exfoliating. I discovered that the outbreak of whiteheads/blackheads was the body's attempt to replace oil stripped from the face through excessive exfoliating. I stopped exfoliating completely then.

Daily shaving seems to provide all the exfoliating I need. All that extra stuff I'd been doing was well intentioned, but completely unnecessary. I suggest you slack off exfoliating a bit more. As for getting rid of the bumps you have, try Equate Dual Power Moisterizer, a salicylic acid acne medication (Walmart).

ARTICLE: "3 Subtle Signs You're Over Exfoliating Your Skin"

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56019a...10edf8c802

0 21
 07-19-2017, 03:15 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
I plan to exfoliate twice a week, I just did so, tonight.  That, and, stridex pads, have been helping.

1 589
 07-19-2017, 11:37 PM
User Info
When started DE shaving I suffered from razor bumps and three things made all the difference...in order.
Blade your using...I use Gillette 7 O clock greens.
Soap...no more non tallow soaps...I use Haslinger.
Lastly very important is pressure...really easy to miss this one.
GL

6 59
 07-20-2017, 03:51 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-19-2017, 11:37 PM)Shavenut Wrote: When started DE shaving I suffered from razor bumps and three things made all the difference...in order.
GL

GL?  What does this mean?

1 589
 07-20-2017, 03:57 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-19-2017, 11:37 PM)Shavenut Wrote: When started DE shaving I suffered from razor bumps and three things made all the difference...in order.
GL

I use Timor, in the mornings, and, rotate, in the evenings.  

I use Edwin Jagger, I prefer vegan soaps.  

In the evenings, I rotate, usually, between the following creams:  Ingram, Proraso, and, Omega.  I am open to trying more.

1 589
 07-21-2017, 10:23 PM
User Info
GL means good luck

6 59
 07-24-2017, 02:13 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-21-2017, 10:23 PM)Shavenut Wrote: GL means good luck

Ok, cool.  Thanks, man.

1 589
 07-28-2017, 03:24 PM
User Info
I think using an alum block post shave has helped me more than anything.

0 9