07-17-2017, 05:24 AM
User Info
With the 5 blade cartridge it wasn't a problem as the Fusion has a tiny tool on the back of the razor for that task but how do I get a DE razor head right under my nose, i cant seem to get it close all the way up (not in there Biggrin ).

Also I never can get a close shave on my upper lip (again, under the nose), I dont like having a shadow up there.

0 16
 07-17-2017, 06:01 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
I get mine on the second pass shaving from right to left across the grain. Depending on the head type/size of your razor and the size of your nose you should be able to tidy it all up. Good luck!

59 4,329
 07-17-2017, 07:34 PM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
I think it depends on the size/shape of the cap/head.
I have no problem getting under the nose with a Mühle R89, but used to struggle when using the Merkur Futur.
Also some milder razors (like vintage Gillette SS) are hard to get the correct cutting angle in the area under the nose.

55 2,475
 07-17-2017, 08:12 PM
User Info
(07-17-2017, 06:01 AM)eengler Wrote: I get mine on the second pass shaving from right to left across the grain. Depending on the head type/size of your razor and the size of your nose you should be able to tidy it all up. Good luck!

Signs011   It can be tricky. I have a goatee and shape it - including a nice line that tapers under the nose. Every razor head makes this a little different, but the ATG pass is where the magic happens.

19 903
 07-17-2017, 09:27 PM
User Info
Solutions...

1. Keep your Fusion cart for under the nose jobs
2. Buy a Feather shavette razor for under the nose jobs 
3. Buy a straight razor for under the nose jobs

24 5,747
 07-18-2017, 03:11 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
It took me a while to figure out how to shave my moustache area and under my nose. It will get better with practice. You just have to experiment with different angles of attack. I would also suggest watching a shaving video or 2 to get some ideas of what might work for you.

3 516
 07-18-2017, 06:32 AM
User Info
This will be hard to explain, but I'll try anyway.  This is the way I do it with a DE.  

You know how you use the single blade on the back of the Fusion to get right up under the nose?  When you are doing that, the blade is almost perpendicular to your face.  I do the same thing with a DE.  

1) Move the nose out of the way to the opposite side of the side you are shaving.
2) Stick the DE right up under the nostril and gently touch the blade to the skin at a perpendicular angle.
3) Gently draw the razor downward, turning the head as you move downwards from the nostril so that you get to your usual angle as quickly as possible. 
4) Repeat on the other side. 

Works wonders.  If you are using a DE that doesn't have a ton of blade exposure, it not only works, but it works very easily.  For razors with a lot of exposure, like, for example, the Fatip, a very light and careful touch is required.  

Note that this is for the first pass only.  The second pass can be done sideways, and you can get the blade edge right up under the nostril.  But the method I've outlined above is much easier to do and won't require much practice, especially if you are already using the single blade on the back of the Fusion.  The technique is almost identical.

2 1,339
 07-18-2017, 02:24 PM
User Info
There is always the third option: Grow a mustache Tongue

3 4,343