07-20-2017, 06:54 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Mergress is legit!
Wonderful build quality and impeccable performance.
Truly IMO a great example of classic razors that should not be ignored.

Attached Files Image(s)

102 18,548
 07-20-2017, 07:01 PM
User Info
Great photo! I’ve been meaning to try this razor.

7 279
 07-21-2017, 02:08 AM
User Info
It's a very smooth razor Smile

3 4,370
 07-21-2017, 10:33 AM
User Info
The Mergress was my favorite razor for a very long time!

3 907
 07-21-2017, 11:40 AM
User Info
I have the bronze knob edition and love it!

9 118
 07-21-2017, 01:09 PM
  • P.B
  • UK
User Info
[Image: qiFaTbW.jpg]
Digress, Mergress and Progress. My favourite is definitely the Mergress. Perfectly balanced and beautiful

1 214
 07-22-2017, 05:00 AM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
The bronze looks great!!

56 2,538
 07-23-2017, 09:28 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Digging the Bronze; I have been meaning to try one of these. Hopefully when I am out of RAD rehab I can pick one up  Tongue

7 290
 07-23-2017, 05:54 PM
User Info
I love my Mergress XL.  Kept my original Progress (for backup), and my ATT (couldn't part with a $185 razor), but sold all my other razors.  

All I use is my Mergress now.

Wonderful razor!

0 377
 07-26-2017, 11:16 AM
User Info
You gents are lucky for having a good progress to go by and compare with the other similar offerings. My story is different. As most of us, I got the prgress a good three years ago listening loud and clear how good it really shaves. Mine came and all I could get was cuts and irritation. I put it on the stand and every time I looked at it was wondering what might have gone wrong with this one. I took it out last week and I noticed that the blade does not align on its own, but has to be fiddled with to make it sit properly. The other issue was that the cap was moving from side to side on setting 5. Watching over these issues, I managed to get a very impressive shave with a feather. Apparently I cannot be as cautious every time so I went and bought the Parker Variant to replace this one. I hope my luck with the variant is better.

0 227
 07-26-2017, 11:59 AM
User Info
The variant is a very nice razor.  I hope it works out better for you than the progress.

13 1,158
 07-27-2017, 01:37 PM
User Info
(07-26-2017, 11:16 AM)kyproset Wrote: You gents are lucky for having a good prgress to go by and compare with the other similar offerings. My story is different. As most of us, I got the prgress a good three years ago listening loud and clear how good it really shaves. Mine came and all I could get was cuts and irritation. I put it on the stand and every time I looked at it was wondering what might have gone wrong with this one. I took it out last week and I noticed that the blade does not align on its own, but has to be fiddled with to make it sit properly. The other issue was that the cap was moving from side to side on setting 5. Watching over these issues, I managed to get a very impressive shave with a feather. Apparently I cannot be as cautious every time so I went and bought the Parker Variant to replace this one. I hope my luck with the variant gets better.

Just in case you haven't checked -- make sure your cap is on correctly.  There is one side of the top cap with a small line and that has to match up to the side of the razor head with a small arrow.  When the top cap is put on incorrectly, it will not properly tighten up.

43 128
 07-28-2017, 07:21 AM
User Info
Thank you Chris for the reminder about the notches and I always wondered why there should be any notches since the one side of the razor is the mirror image of the other, If everything is proportional, any way one assembles the razor should be O.K.
Today I took delivery of the Variant and I'm really impressed. The settings are aligned and it oozes quality although made out of zamak in India.
I'll shave with it tomorrow.

0 227
 07-29-2017, 02:02 AM
User Info
I've just finished my first shave with the Variant and this has truly converted me to the adjustables sporting the Progress head configuration. What a comfortable feeling this razor has, in holding it and manipulating it around the face. I used with my trusty Feather blade on setting 4.5 and although a bit louder than my smoother 6S, it's impressively smooth and efficient. For the first time in  my life I attempted and got a true, indisputable BBS2 on setting one, for the corrections. I did three passes with corrections and was impressed by the alum block being relatively silent as I expected a sting from it after all these passes. I usually do a two pass shave with corrections for what I call a relative uneventful BBs.
Compared to my Progress this Variant seems to come from a different planet. Maybe I'll give the Progress to someone I don't like.
A definite addition to the rotation and a recommended buy.

0 227
 07-30-2017, 05:40 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
I've tried many razors over the last 15 years.
Progress/Mergress delivers!

Attached Files Image(s)

102 18,548
 08-01-2017, 12:56 PM
User Info
Mergress - a progress report
I know, bad pun Tongue

I've been using the Mergress Phil generously gave me for a couple of weeks now, and I can easily see how it can be a daily driver or even only razor.

The mechanism works perfectly smooth. The finish is as far as I can tell spotless. The balance is as close to where I like it as it can get. It shaves great with different blades. It's simply put a great tool for shaving - and it's blinged out too

[Image: image.jpg][Image: image%2B%25282%2529.jpg]

3 4,370
 08-01-2017, 06:43 PM
User Info
Damn you Ravi (laughing) I just ordered the blinged out one.... you enabler

17 1,297