07-22-2017, 08:54 AM
User Info
I'm in the market for a new DE and need some guidance . Here's what I have now and what I have had . Currently in the den Blackbird SB and OC , ATT R1 Calypso , Charcoal Goods SB Level 2 and last but certainly not least is the Paradigm Titanium razor . I have owned Wolfman , Timeless and several other brands . The razors I use most are the Calypso and Paradigm . These are the aggressions levels I love . Any suggestions on what to get next ?

12 231
 07-22-2017, 09:37 AM
User Info
Honestly, you need nothing else as you seem to have some excellent razors and you'll, most likely, not find anything else that shaves any better than the ones you have. 
However, you could always try an adjustable, but I assume you already have. 

If you haven't done this, which I believe you have, you should branch out into SEs, shavettes, or straights. 
Best of luck to you.  Shy

82 21,056
 07-22-2017, 09:57 AM
User Info
(07-22-2017, 09:37 AM)celestino Wrote: If you haven't done this, which I believe you have, you should branch out into SEs, shavettes, or straights. 

Couldn't agree more.  If you want a superior shave SE razors are a great way to go.  ATT SE1 is a good start, right on the edge of mild-medium aggression, gives a beautiful shave with the Feather Artist Club Blades.  Plus Stan has a superior return policy.

52 1,175
 07-22-2017, 10:54 AM
User Info
(07-22-2017, 09:57 AM)david1201 Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 09:37 AM)celestino Wrote: If you haven't done this, which I believe you have, you should branch out into SEs, shavettes, or straights. 

Couldn't agree more.  If you want a superior shave SE razors are a great way to go.  ATT SE1 is a good start, right on the edge of mild-medium aggression, gives a beautiful shave with the Feather Artist Club Blades.  Plus Stan has a superior return policy.

Signs011

Seriously though - if you like above the tie, the SE1 is a super-smooth SE and a real pleasure to shave with (and a couple for sale on the BST). The general may be worth a look, similarly mild. The asylum RX is much more aggressive (very nice though).

26 984
 07-22-2017, 10:56 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I'd also suggest trying a Mergress or Barbaros - DE or adjustable - if you can find one.

159 1,315
 07-22-2017, 01:02 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I agree. I don't know what else you could add. I would try one of the new Gem blade razors, maybe that's ATT since you like the R1. I think it's supposed to be a similar aggression level.

How would you compare the Blackbird SB and OC. I got the SB because my ATT and Wolfman are OC, so I wanted something different, but I still keep thinking about getting the OC.

3 531
 07-22-2017, 01:41 PM
User Info
The BB OC is a great razor . Super efficient and really smooth . I use mine with feather blades and get wonderful shaves .

12 231
 07-29-2017, 12:10 PM
User Info
(07-22-2017, 09:37 AM)celestino Wrote: Honestly, you need nothing else as you seem to have some excellent razors and you'll, most likely, not find anything else that shaves any better than the ones you have. 
However, you could always try an adjustable, but I assume you already have. 

If you haven't done this, which I believe you have, you should branch out into SEs, shavettes, or straights. 
Best of luck to you.  Shy

Same here. You already have the first razors that came to mind. Probably a Timeless in Ti if you'd like more variety in your collection, but then again your collection is already top notch. Perhaps you might want to look into vintages as well. I would if I could. I'd love to have a few beautiful Aristocrats.

10 1,128
 07-31-2017, 11:43 PM
User Info
Have you considered vintage? I love my Gillette New Long Comb. I got it for under $20 on "the" auction site, and might have it replated just for aesthetic reasons. It's more aggressive than a Slim or a Muhle, I can't compare it to the ones you have.

If you want something that's beautiful but not too aggressive, I would second the vote for an Aristocrat. My friend just gave me one as a gift (newly replated in Rhodium)
[Image: zF0ypzf.jpg]

6 679
 08-01-2017, 04:59 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Say, now that's a good looking razor!

You've got a very thoughtful and generous friend. Congratulations!

4 1,915
 08-07-2017, 11:24 PM
User Info
(08-01-2017, 04:59 PM)chazt Wrote: Say, now that's a good looking razor!

You've got a very thoughtful and generous friend. Congratulations!
Yeah, he had said he had a razor for me but when he handed me that case, my hands were shaking a little. Super generous and a great shaver (pretty mild, for those wondering)

6 679