07-28-2017, 09:49 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I have been becoming more interested in the "classic" English makers as of late and as I look around I find myself always being drawn back to Floris although I have absolutely no experience with them.

Anyone use Floris Aftershaves? If so I have a few questions for you:

How do you like them?
Would you buy it again?
How is the performance?
How long does the fragrance last on your skin? 
Do you like to pair it with the matching cologne?

7 304
 07-28-2017, 11:10 AM
User Info
Top-shelf stuff, which I’ve repurchased, and will again.
Skin care properties are excellent, ime; bracing, soothing, slightly moisturizing, non-irritating. (Ingredients include glycerin, witch-hazel, and quality scent material.) 
My personal favorite Floris AS is the Santal (followed by the No.89).

For better, or worse, the Floris AS scent lasts (just) a bit longer than does the typical pharmacy one, ime. 
(OTOH, aftershaves such as C&S, Harris Sandalwood, Blenheim Bouquet are particulary tenacious.) 

0 423
 08-02-2017, 08:29 AM
User Info
(07-28-2017, 09:49 AM)JRRIII Wrote: I have been becoming more interested in the "classic" English makers as of late and as I look around I find myself always being drawn back to Floris although I have absolutely no experience with them.

Anyone use Floris Aftershaves? If so I have a few questions for you:

How do you like them?
Would you buy it again?
How is the performance?
How long does the fragrance last on your skin? 
Do you like to pair it with the matching cologne?

Floris does sell cologne samples online in case you wanted to try the scents before dropping $75 on the AS. My favorite is the Santal AS, absolutely fantastic scent & performance. Good Luck!

9 151
 08-02-2017, 08:34 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(07-28-2017, 11:10 AM)ask4Edge Wrote:
Top-shelf stuff, which I’ve repurchased, and will again.
Skin care properties are excellent, ime; bracing, soothing, slightly moisturizing, non-irritating. (Ingredients include glycerin, witch-hazel, and quality scent material.) 
My personal favorite Floris AS is the Santal (followed by the No.89).

For better, or worse, the Floris AS scent lasts (just) a bit longer than does the typical pharmacy one, ime. 
(OTOH, aftershaves such as C&S, Harris Sandalwood, Blenheim Bouquet are particulary tenacious.) 

Signs011

159 1,316
 08-02-2017, 03:45 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
I love the 89! I've thought about purchasing the matching shave soap.

11 659
 08-09-2017, 06:14 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-02-2017, 03:45 PM)doc47 Wrote: I love the 89! I've thought about purchasing the matching shave soap.

Wait! You don't want to buy the soap bc they use a poor formula. 3-4 years ago they had a very nice formula but unfortunately reformulated.

However, the 89 CREAM is consistently fabulous, and is one of my very top products. Post shave is as good as anything. Comfort of shave is also as good as anything. There is nothing to improve. The scent in the cream is better than the EdT, IMHO. I use very few creams, and must say this cream is a must-have.

57 2,551
 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM
  • doc47
  • Northern Arizona
User Info
(08-09-2017, 06:14 PM)Nero Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 03:45 PM)doc47 Wrote: I love the 89! I've thought about purchasing the matching shave soap.

Wait! You don't want to buy the soap bc they use a poor formula. 3-4 years ago they had a very nice formula but unfortunately reformulated.

However, the 89 CREAM is consistently fabulous, and is one of my very top products. Post shave is as good as anything. Comfort of shave is also as good as anything. There is nothing to improve. The scent in the cream is better than the EdT, IMHO. I use very few creams, and must say this cream is a must-have.

Thank you Nero! I appreciate the information very much.  Cream does sound intriguing.

11 659
 08-10-2017, 08:40 AM
User Info
How is the 89 Balm? Does the scent linger with it?  Anyone have ingredients list for the no. 89 Balm that is in the new dark blue tube?

97 1,304