07-29-2017, 04:00 PM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
I was thinking about this.  

I shave twice-a-day, all week long, but, never on Saturday, nor, on Wednesday Night.  On Wednesday Evenings, and, Saturday Mornings, I exfoliate.  I would, possibly, shave, on a Saturday Night, if I had someplace special, to go.   But, on a regular weekend, I would leave the stubble, as is.  

Now, I have decided two things:  to use the same type of razor blade, every morning, for the morning shave, but, for the second shave, to rotate, each day, a different type of razor blade.  And, to switch between types of animal, from morning, to afternoon/evening shaves.  I will also use the same brush, each morning, but, rotate, between the others, in the evening.  

I, also, never shave during Christmas Time/the Holiday Season.  This is my own version of "No Shave November," which I used to do, before that became popular (or, at least before I became aware, of it).  I did the Movember/No Shave November thing, for a few years, but, then switched back.  It makes more sense, in December, for me. 

Are there any times, of the week/month/year when you stop shaving?

1 560
 07-29-2017, 04:43 PM
User Info
Can't stand feeling stubble on my face so daily shaving is a requirement, though I may skip the occasional Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

0 21
 07-29-2017, 04:49 PM
User Info
I shave every day.  No exceptions.  On Monday thorough Friday, I shave because of work, and on weekends I shave because I like to.  However, if I didn't work I would still shave on Monday through Friday.  I like the process of shaving, and how I look and feel after the shave.

48 5,702
 07-29-2017, 04:50 PM
User Info
There's no hard and fast rule, but I'm more likely to skip Saturday than any other day (as I did today).

The shave after skipping a day is more enjoyable!

8 896
 07-29-2017, 04:50 PM
User Info
I skip at least one day per week, sometimes two. Occasionally I'll wait longer than 24 hours vs. skipping a shave (E.G., shave Monday morning, then wait until Tuesday night to shave again).

26 982
 07-29-2017, 06:24 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
When I was working I had occasion to shave a second time on days where I  was going to meet a client after work or had some sort of professional gathering  for one reason or another but in those days of canned goo and multi-blade razors I found it desirable to skip Sundays  but ever since I  started wet shaving i shave everyday. That is until very recently because  my condition prevents me some days.

7 2,279
 07-29-2017, 06:42 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
For the last two or three months I've missed just one day (I'm a shaveaholic). Generally during the school year I shave 6 times a week, mostly in the evening. Except Fridays. I give my face a break on Friday evening. Saturday shaves are always in the morning when I can take my sweet time. Then it's back to evening shaves on Sunday. During vacations though I shave every morning and I always take my sweet time. I Love It!

4 1,903
 07-29-2017, 07:06 PM
User Info
Good grief! I could never miss a day of shaving as I abhor the feeling and look of stubble on my face or head. This is a great reason to shave twice a day.  Smile

82 21,056
 07-29-2017, 11:11 PM
User Info
Similar to what is mentioned by others - I shave for work, not because I have to but I prefer it in my office setting. Weekends I do it for fun. I like how I look and feel.
The regimen you've laid out sounds like it needs some concentrated effort - too much for me to think about.
I do miss a day or so for a few reasons - rushed weekend day; second last or last day of a short travel trip (one less shave with a temporary kit) or I may be testing some progressions/stropping and want some thicker growth for a nice comfortable shave.

0 130
 07-30-2017, 03:12 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Someone, I  think it was Ed Schultz, said that there are two kinds of people.  Those that shower before work in the morning  and those that shower in the evening after work. You can change people to men and shower to shave. I've always been in the morning  group.

7 2,279
 07-30-2017, 03:31 AM
User Info
(07-29-2017, 04:49 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I shave every day.  No exceptions.  On Monday thorough Friday, I shave because of work, and on weekends I shave because I like to.  However, if I didn't work I would still shave on Monday through Friday.  I like the process of shaving, and how I look and feel after the shave.
Signs011

39 3,868
 07-30-2017, 10:54 AM
User Info
I shave every weekday.  There are some guys at work that have beards or who go for the scruffy look, but I wouldn't feel right being unshaven at work.  On weekends, it's a different story. I'm usually either sleeping in, or rushing to get started on some project before I get accosted by my kids. Smile

0 1,052
 07-31-2017, 11:45 PM
User Info
My facial hair does not grow quick or thick, so I shave every other day. But if that 'day' happens to be a Saturday I'm less likely to shave unless it's "date night", because I'm lazy. And when I'm on vacation I shave less regularly.

6 677
 07-31-2017, 11:50 PM
User Info
I used to hate shaving (with cartridge razors), and shaved only when necessary or once every 3 to 4 days.
Since I discovered DE then straight razor shaving and adopted a goatee beard style, I shave every day except most of the Saturdays. I almost never let my beard rest more than 24 hours anymore.

0 46
 08-01-2017, 02:33 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
Even though I'm retired I shave every day.

5 882
 08-01-2017, 10:59 AM
User Info
As much as I enjoy wet shaving, I personally only shave 4-5 days a week. 1 or 2 days of stubble doesn't bother me, but if I go longer than a day or two and my stubble will not only look bad, but become hard to shave since I have thick stubble.
Also, I personally find 1-2 days of stubble to be the perfect length to get a perfect shave. Especially since I like to have a BBS shave.

0 43
 08-01-2017, 02:41 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Daily shaver - probably shave 355 days a year.  If I get up shower, brush teeth, drink coffee - I might as well shave also.  I normally have plans at noon or before on both Saturday and Sunday.

4 298
 08-01-2017, 05:01 PM
User Info
In the line of work I was in most of my life shaving was not essential, but I generally shaved every day out of habit. Since retiring I found myself skipping a day here and there, today being one of them as a matter of fact. I figure that I'll have more to shave off tomorrow, so it is not a bad trade.   Wink

6 222
 08-08-2017, 07:49 AM
User Info
I used to shave every day for the same reasons mentioned by the others; but since learning to use a straight a couple years ago, I find I can easily go a day and a half--or even two days--between shaves.

2 583
 08-08-2017, 09:40 AM
User Info
Usually the only day I skip is Saturday and that is only if I'm working outside or in the garage all day and don't get cleaned up until late in the day.  I'll just skip it and shave on Sunday.

0 167