10-15-2017, 06:52 AM
User Info
Triethanolamine - a cancer causing ingredient that is unfortunately in many beauty and shaving products.

0 28
 10-17-2017, 08:28 AM
User Info
(10-15-2017, 06:52 AM)steelheart1948 Wrote: Triethanolamine - a cancer causing ingredient that is unfortunately in many beauty and shaving products.

Reference?  
i have looked into this fairly extensively and am not convinced that it is harmful, let alone that it causes cancer.

2 1,508
 10-17-2017, 09:14 AM
  • shaveR41
  • Default User Title
  • Millbrae - CA
User Info
(10-17-2017, 08:28 AM)kingfisher Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 06:52 AM)steelheart1948 Wrote: Triethanolamine - a cancer causing ingredient that is unfortunately in many beauty and shaving products.

Reference?  
i have looked into this fairly extensively and am not convinced that it is harmful, let alone that it causes cancer.

Under the conditions of this 2-year dermal study, there was equivocal evidence of carcinogenic activity of triethanolamine in male B6C3F1 mice based on the occurrence of liver hemangiosarcoma. There was some evidence of carcinogenic activity in female B6C3F1 mice based on increased incidences of hepatocellular adenoma. Exposure to triethanolamine by dermal application resulted in increased incidences of eosinophilic focus of the liver in males and females. Dosed mice developed treatment-related nonneoplastic lesions at the site of application.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15213765

But I have not seen any studies to confirm the same effect on humans.

0 24
 10-22-2017, 06:28 AM
User Info
(08-01-2017, 01:26 PM)Nero Wrote: Also, spicy notes are bad for my skin, such as clove, black pepper, cinnamon, and I'm sure others.

Same for me...spicy notes light me up!

Also, strongly scented fragrance oil based soaps burn me and sometimes trigger headaches.

Very few hard milled soaps give me issues. I've had a much, much higher proportion of artisan soaps cause these issues (around 20%!!).

TOBS Jeremyn st soap causes tingling on my upper lip (still use it). Tabac causes strong migraines (can't use). Province Sante green tea (can't use) caused burning.
That's it from hard soaps, the rest are all fine.

0 93
 10-22-2017, 08:41 AM
  • njpaddy
  • Central New Jersey
User Info
I usually avoid lanolin, although Stirling doesn't bother me. It may be fragrance related, but I still avoid lanolin and stick to soaps and scents I know. The last soap to light my face up was TTFFC Currants & Roses. I buried that one deep in the basement after one use. Something in Tabac reddens my face, but I still use it a few times a year because I like the lather and scent. I just can't use it on a regular basis.

1 222