[Image: gGkolcS.jpg]
[Image: 0DZgBpR.jpg]
[Image: Y4Upqr5.jpg]
[Image: Dv8jOOV.jpg]
[Image: TtIMCC2.jpg]

1 57
 08-03-2017, 07:03 AM
User Info
Now that ain't a bad idea ! So does the added weight increase the efficiency of the Pils ? I've been thinking of letting my Pils go. It is beautiful, but only a step above the AS-D2 in aggressiveness, IOW, very little.

7 235
 08-03-2017, 07:11 AM
User Info
Nice looking combo!

73 4,303
 08-03-2017, 07:18 AM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
That is a nice looking combination.
Is the top end of the handle machined to fit the Pils head?

I use a custom handle from Charcoal Goods with my Pils. It does not use the Pils bushing that connects the base plate to the original handle so it actually makes the razor to a 3 piece design.

I am corious how your set up connects the diffrent parts.

Kind Regards
Marco

7 214
 08-03-2017, 07:25 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
Did you have Timeless custom fabricate this handle for you? Thanks.

13 611
 08-03-2017, 07:48 AM
User Info
The handle started as a standard Timeless 100mm barber pole.

I removed the bushing, took some measurements, corresponded with motto on his Charcoal handle and drew up a schematic. Then came the hard part, finding a machine shop to take on such a small project. After a few months, I came across an amateur machinist on a firearms forum. He offered to take on the project and a few days later, voila. 

If doing it over, I would make two changes to the schematic. First, the recess just below the head is only 3mm long, this is just a bit too tight to hang from my shave stand, which is why it is pictured hanging upside down. Second, the threads on the PILs head do not end flush with the top cap, they stop about 1mm from the cap. I should have requested the internal handle threading include a 2mm lead. I ended up opening that up myself and though it is clearly the result of a manual effort, everything locks up bank vault tight.

With this handle, the PILs handles infinitely better than before. I wear a beard and shave my neck and head while showering. The original, thin, smooth PILs handle always felt as though it was about to squirt from my hand. This combination has good, but not aggressive grip and I feel, balances much better. My one complaint with the PILs remains, while it is amazing on my neck, it is terribly inefficient on my head. For me, this mild razor excels on elastic skin, but does a mediocre job on my bony noggin.

1 57