10-08-2018, 06:04 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-08-2018, 05:03 AM)stan Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 12:58 PM)chazt Wrote: Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the Windsor R and M solid bar plates? Much of the interest seems to be in the H plate. I'm more interested in the less aggressive end of the spectrum.

Hello. I will chime in if no one objects.
This how I describe the milder plates. The M plate is the mildest and feels much like an Edwin Jagger. On my face the Windsor M is a touch more efficient than the EJ.
The R plate is our best seller. I would compare it to an vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable set on "4 or 5".
Hope that helps.

Thank you, Stan. I hope my next comments and questions seem coherent...

Based on reading manufacturers websites and reading other people’s experiences regarding the modern stainless razor heads, I’m considering the ATT Windsor line, which is reputed to be “nimble.” The plan is to mate whatever I buy with an Asylum Rx handle which is begging for a SS head... just, which one?

I tried the Muhle 89 razor head which I didn’t enjoy and subsequently PIFfed. I do however like the Merkur razor head and use it for travel. I never got a good shave with either of the two SA razors I tried, probably due to inexperience. The three DE razors I love using are triangle hole Techs, Red Tips and Asylum Evolution. Which Windsor plate in your opinion, M or R, is the way to go? I don’t necessarily want to duplicate the Tech experience (have five already). Now that I’m reading what I typed, it looks like I’ve answered my own question, R plate.

I am definitely over thinking this!

10 3,158
 10-08-2018, 02:44 PM
User Info
Why can't I see the pictures?

50 4,730
 10-08-2018, 03:13 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-08-2018, 02:44 PM)primotenore Wrote: Why can't I see the pictures?

There's pics in post 62 of a disassembled razor. What I'd like to see is pics of the assembled razor with blades installed. That would be very useful.

10 3,158
 10-08-2018, 05:39 PM
User Info
I have the copper Windsor with both the R and H plates. Based on the razors you have mentioned I would get the R plate. I think the Windsor not only looks great but it gives a very smooth and efficient shave. I don’t know why it doesn’t seem to get the love I believe it deserves. The best part is Stan offers you a chance to try the razor to see if it fits you.

17 331
 10-08-2018, 07:43 PM
User Info
I’d also recommend the R plate. It’s a very very good razor - I believe the H gets so much attention bcs the R is so smooth & efficient that ppl take it for granted. Perhaps you might be better served buying both plates & returning the one that you like the least. This way, you won’t second guess yourself.

1 68
 10-09-2018, 02:29 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(10-08-2018, 05:39 PM)Shavemd Wrote: I have the copper Windsor with both the R and H plates. Based on the razors you have mentioned I would get the R plate. I think the Windsor not only looks great but it gives a very smooth and efficient shave. I don’t know why it doesn’t seem to get the love I believe it deserves. The best part is Stan offers you a chance to try the razor to see if it fits you.

(10-08-2018, 07:43 PM)MarsEnglish Wrote: I’d also recommend the R plate. It’s a very very good razor - I believe the H gets so much attention bcs the R is so smooth & efficient that ppl take it for granted. Perhaps you might be better served buying both plates & returning the one that you like the least. This way, you won’t second guess yourself.

Thanks for the replies, Gents. I appreciate your comments.

10 3,158
 10-24-2018, 08:36 AM
User Info
Stan,

Will have the Windsor in aluminum version?

1 32