03-12-2012, 12:47 PM
User Info
I was asked for recommendations from my mother-in-law regarding a wet shaving setup for my father-in-law, but she is curious to try it as well. I put her on to the EJ DE87, which it sounds like she will try as well. If she likes it, she would probably want a longer handle eventually. How does the L6 rate in terms of mildness? The Feather Popular is one I am familiar with, but don't think she would care for the plastic feel. The Lady Gillette starburst super speed is great, but I don't think she would go to the trouble to catch one on eBay and restore it (not to mention the uncertainty of its condition). The L6 hits a sweet spot in price point ($13) but I know very little about it. Where is it made? Pakistan?

3 195
 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
The L6 is a nice razor. I couldn't tell you if it is Pakistan or India, but it is a nice shaver. It isn't very aggressive, but it is a good shave. The only thing I don't like about it is the light weight handle. I use a different handle on mine.

0 253
 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I believe it is..maybe Turkey or even India like the Parkers...truth be told the Popular has a lot going for it..good grip,easy to mantain and a nice shave..really hard to injure yourself on..from all I have read the Lord (not G-D) is nothing special...all over E-bay and not expensive...get them both and they can swap and the start on a lifetime of multiple razor purchases like the rest of us.Why should we be the only RAD addicted people...sign them up !!!!!(make us look normal)

6 1,902
 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
User Info
Thanks. I don't think the handle will bother her too much, but I don't want to recommend something with rough corners or aggressive blade exposure. How is the texture on the handle? Is it grippy enough for wet hands?

3 195
 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM
User Info
The Lord 3 piece razors are very nice and fairly mild. They are made in Egypt and are very inexpensive. They make all metal razors or combination of metal and plastic. I have used both and recommend metal and plastic.

This is a very reliable seller located in Miami.

98 12,361