08-13-2017, 04:22 PM
User Info
(08-13-2017, 04:20 PM)German Wrote: Brush diameter size reminds me of horsepower for a car... more is not necessarily better, if the transmission sucks, read: knot construction, flow through, density.
Having said that: I have moved from 22-24mm to 26-28mm over the years. My sweet spot is probably 24-26mm these days.

Agreed on the sweet spot, 24-26mm.

1 309
 08-13-2017, 06:49 PM
User Info
In my limited and personal experience I have a bad habit of hitting the snooze button in the morning.

I have a couple huge brushes. Anything beyond 28mm for two band or 26mm for really cushy soft three band I consider huge. Not cut and dry or hard and fast. Just in general.

I enjoy using my big luxurious brushes sometimes. I rarely have the luxury of time though. Maybe once or twice a month on a Saturday or Sunday if I'm lucky.

I look forward to having more time one day to enjoy the leisurely shaves more often.

For day to day, get it done and enjoy it while doing it, 22mm to 26mm is more practical for me.

7 1,316
 08-13-2017, 06:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Todd, shaving takes me the same ~30 minutes regardless of the knot size I choose. You should do some time trials to see how much time you're really saving with the smaller brushes.

4 1,937
 08-13-2017, 09:16 PM
User Info
Not so much time shaving as building extra lather and rinsing a huge brush.

I realise it's probably not a make or break me difference in the grand scheme of things here. It is just not something that I enjoy starting my day off doing if I feel rushed. More between my ears I reckon Charlie. 

I shave in the shower. It's harder to get a brush rinsed well while in the shower than it is at the sink. 

I mean, it's just a big production for me. Figuratively more than literally. I have to go with my comfort zone and if I'm not going to be able to make an event out of using my big guns and then put them away nicely, like well rinsed and shaken out, I'd just as soon save them for another day.

7 1,316