08-07-2017, 07:56 AM
User Info
Good Morning,

A day off from work today allowed me time to spend looking through my shave den and the area of den overflow.  Somewhere along the way I slipped down the slippery slope from an avid wet shaver to collector.  I never intended to become a collector but a pass through the den and all the items stored outside the den has convinced me I must reduce the number of brushes, razors, soaps, blades, aftershaves and other related items in my possession.  Some are current day items, some unobtainable through current vendors.  

Today, I am offering my Simpson M6 TSN 2014 LE, in faux-horn, #54/200.

From my measurements the dimensions are:

Knot: 22mm
Loft: 50mm
Handle Height: 52mm

I am the original owner and it shipped to me directly from Simpson.  The brush is in NIB condition and has never seen water.  It comes with the original box, as pictured.

For Sale:  $190 shipped CONUS   SOLD    Original price:  $190 shipped  

Please PM me, with any questions.  Thanks for looking.

[Image: rBS7HBq.jpg]

[Image: YqZipKH.jpg]

[Image: CofI9sh.jpg]

[Image: cAJ1AHs.jpg]

30 1,745
 08-07-2017, 08:57 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
These were 100GBP when new.  That translates to $130 now.  You may need to update your price to stay in line with the guidelines.

From the original paypal email:
Description

Unit price
Qty
Amount
M6 Shaving Brush
Item# M6 , Choose Location:: United States
£100.00 GBP
£100.00 GBP

Subtotal
£100.00 GBP
Shipping and handling
£9.95 GBP
Total
£109.95 GBP
Payment
£109.95 GBP
Payment sent to mark@progress-vulfix.com

10 753
 08-07-2017, 10:03 AM
User Info
(08-07-2017, 08:57 AM)grantmm Wrote: These were 100GBP when new.  That translates to $130 now.  You may need to update your price to stay in line with the guidelines.

Description

Unit price
Qty
Amount
M6 Shaving Brush
£100.00 GBP
£100.00 GBP

Subtotal
£100.00 GBP
Shipping and handling
£9.95 GBP
Total
£109.95 GBP
Payment
£109.95 GBP

Thank you for your comment.  My reading of the b/s/t rule is:  "We have posted previously about BST prices getting out of control and now have decided to make a simple rule. In your FS posts, for all non-vintage items, you must state how much the items costs new and you must not ask for more than the item costs new."

The price I paid for the brush shipped is correct in my post.  If I were selling a stock brush your intrepretation could have some merit for discussion.  However, it would also mean that fluctuations in currency could increase or decrease the cost of the item in relation to the date of sale.  Had the pound increased in the same proportion as it has declined since 2014, I would not offer the brush for more than the original price of $190.00.  Additionally, as a 2014 LE brush it is not available from Simpsons.

30 1,745
 08-07-2017, 10:33 AM
User Info
This is the exact language from BullGoose in his January 1, 2017 post:

To start of the new year, I just wanted to remind everyone about our BST rules. Namely, you must list the original retail price for each item in your ad, you may not charge a penny more than original retail and, you cannot factor in the shipping cost you paid when you calculate retail cost. Furthermore, you cannot tack on an extra shipping charge unless you are shipping the package internationally.

This post can be found at:

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=46146

You may charge the original retail price paid, but cannot factor in what you paid for shipping as part of that retail price.  Please state the retail price you paid for the brush, without shipping, and that is the most that can be charged.  You re entitled to charge what you paid for the brush, without shipping. 

The purpose of the rule is to prevent profiteering by prohibiting a sale price in excess of what one paid for the item.  Subsequent fluctuations in the exchange rate do not change what one paid for the item.  If the exchange rate had fluctuated the other way and the price would now be $500, one would not be allowed to charge that for the brush. 

Thanks.

48 5,708
 08-07-2017, 01:32 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(08-07-2017, 10:03 AM)ridgerunner Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 08:57 AM)grantmm Wrote: These were 100GBP when new.  That translates to $130 now.  You may need to update your price to stay in line with the guidelines.

Description

Unit price
Qty
Amount
M6 Shaving Brush
£100.00 GBP
£100.00 GBP

Subtotal
£100.00 GBP
Shipping and handling
£9.95 GBP
Total
£109.95 GBP
Payment
£109.95 GBP

Thank you for your comment.  My reading of the b/s/t rule is:  "We have posted previously about BST prices getting out of control and now have decided to make a simple rule. In your FS posts, for all non-vintage items, you must state how much the items costs new and you must not ask for more than the item costs new."

The price I paid for the brush shipped is correct in my post.  If I were selling a stock brush your intrepretation could have some merit for discussion.  However, it would also mean that fluctuations in currency could increase or decrease the cost of the item in relation to the date of sale.  Had the pound increased in the same proportion as it has declined since 2014, I would not offer the brush for more than the original price of $190.00.  Additionally, as a 2014 LE brush it is not available from Simpsons.
This is the key part. The LE Simpson Brush from 2014 is not a stock item and is not subject to the BST price limitations. By the same token, tallow Penhaligons English Fern soap is not going to be listed for $30.00. 

The asking price of $190.00 for this brush is fair. It isn't as if it is being flipped for a quick profit...it has been in storage for over three years.

46 18,073