08-25-2012, 07:41 AM
User Info
I learned through a reader review that the current Kindle edition of the book was badly converted---the links are not active. The conversion was done by Kindle Direct Publishing, which did not reveal the limitations.

I have now unpublished the Kindle edition and a good conversion is being done by CreateSpace. This will take about 4 weeks, at which time the Kindle edition will become available again.

In the meantime, I am working with Amazon to ensure that those who purchased the poor conversion will get a free replacement of the good conversion at no cost to themselves.

I deeply regret this screw-up. I was not informed of the options available and failed to inquire. I apologize to those who purchased the flawed version and promise that this will be made right.

Michael Ham

0 101
 08-25-2012, 08:50 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Michael for updating us on this problem. I am confident it will be corrected and those who bought it will get their replacement soon.

100 12,450
 08-25-2012, 10:35 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Good luck with this, Michael. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

2 11,211
 08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
User Info
Thanks for the update, Michael, and i hope you resolve the issue.

75 20,883
 08-27-2012, 06:41 AM
User Info
I have just confirmed with CreateSpace and with Kindle: the new "complex conversion" (which includes Web links) will replace the earlier version so that those who purchased the earlier (poor) conversion will get the new (good) conversion at no cost.

I still regret this terrible faux pas, but I hope this resolution is satisfactory for the early customers. The Kindle version will remain unavailable for purchase until the good conversion is available, which will be in about 4 weeks. At that time, the problem should be solved.

0 101