great news Stan

0 212
 06-24-2017, 03:36 PM
User Info
Good to know, Stan.

0 51
 07-29-2017, 08:58 AM
User Info
I received word late this week that the head I had ordered had been shipped.  Tracking shows post office has it out for delivery as I write this.  Here's  looking forward for tomorrow morning.

0 26
 07-29-2017, 09:20 AM
User Info
Just got my tracking info today. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 954
 07-29-2017, 12:59 PM
User Info
Can't wait to hear some reviews!

2 1,555
 07-29-2017, 01:09 PM
User Info
Post those reviews gents! Smile

7 568
 07-29-2017, 02:28 PM
User Info
just finished first shave.  damn, but i am a klutz with setting this one up. actually watched part of a video to get it.  now it will be easier.  shave was very enjoyable.  the angle as with other se gems is different.  i did a lot of listening on this shave.  3 passes and a dfs first time out and using smn and this razor is another home run.  the se 1 is still my favorite at this point.  tried to use my de spined gems and just gave up and went with splined gems.

76 1,331
 07-29-2017, 03:22 PM
User Info
Mine shipped as well..

Aaaaa

21 1,809
 07-29-2017, 03:33 PM
User Info
The head only, as I had an extra handle, arrived early this afternoon.   Top plate, bottom plate and a specially machined screw stud with a little hook on one end.  It took me a few minutes to figure out how to load it and all is good.  It was actually easier to load after screwing the stud into the handle, then inserting through slot in bottom plate, set blade in place then slip top plate onto hook  and finally tighten the handle.  Simple but rather clever, it gives a nice balanced head, with the handle positioned much the same as one of the older Gem razors, and is much neater looking than the Rocnel with it's exposed spline.  I had read on one of the other forums that the corners of the Rocnel were somewhat exposed causing some nicks and scrapes.  The baseplate on the ATT extent almost a mm beyond each side of the blade so this will not be an issue.   

I had already shaved earlier this morning but put on a thin layer of lather and went  against the grain, one quick pass and found it removed the emerging stubble quickly and smoothly.  I think I am going to like this one.

0 26
 07-29-2017, 03:57 PM
User Info
Looking forward to getting this one Monday. Updated delivery shows Monday. I only ordered the head as well to try with several different handles. Wish someone would post a video of the loading process unless it's already somewhere.

0 954
 07-29-2017, 04:25 PM
User Info
I really have not gotten into this computer photography posting, much less video.   

I described the process pretty straight forward in my previous post, and left out one little point which I think you would see rather quickly and that is to make sure the hook opening faces the safety bar and blade edge and after that the top plate will only hook on in one direction.

0 26
 07-29-2017, 05:49 PM
  • stan
  • USA
User Info
Great hearing the feed back. Here is the way I recommend assembling the new G1 razor. Please feel free to share.

1. Put the threaded park of the hook through the blade side of the base plate so it will enter the handle. The open crook of the hook should be facing the safety bar. 
2. Begin to thread the handle onto the hook a few turns. This will allow room for the blade and top cap to be put into position.
3. After the above is complete place the blade onto the two posts on the base plate.
4. Slip the cap onto the hook and seat the cap on the post with the blade. 
5. Gently tighten the handle till the razor is assembled. It is ready to use.

The razor DOES NOT have the be completely disassembled to change blades. Just loosen the handle enough to provide the needed slack to slip off the cap and lift off the blade.

Hope this helps.
Stan

0 315
 07-29-2017, 07:33 PM
User Info
(07-29-2017, 05:49 PM)stan Wrote: Great hearing the feed back. Here is the way I recommend assembling the new G1 razor. Please feel free to share.

1. Put the threaded park of the hook through the blade side of the base plate so it will enter the handle. The open crook of the hook should be facing the safety bar. 
2. Begin to thread the handle onto the hook a few turns. This will allow room for the blade and top cap to be put into position.
3. After the above is complete place the blade onto the two posts on the base plate.

The razor DOES NOT have the be completely disassembled to change blades. Just loosen the handle enough to provide the needed slack to slip off the cap and lift off the blade.

Hope this helps.
Stan

Stan, thanks for the instructions! I would suggest posting a short video on Instagram or YouTube with you demonstrating how to load and unload the blade by taking the entire head apart or just loosening the handle to quell any questions during the roll out this week. I understand how it works but many won't.

0 954
 07-29-2017, 11:28 PM
User Info
(07-29-2017, 05:49 PM)stan Wrote: Great hearing the feed back. Here is the way I recommend assembling the new G1 razor. Please feel free to share.

Hope this helps.
Stan
What type of shave did you intend to create with this design a M,R, or H.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19 615
 07-30-2017, 03:55 AM
  • stan
  • USA
User Info
(07-29-2017, 11:28 PM)rawfox1 Wrote:

Hope this helps.
Stan
What type of shave did you intend to create with this design a M,R, or H.
Thanks

It is close to an R plate.

0 315
 07-30-2017, 04:41 AM
User Info
Stan- great job on the design in this one. I must say the drain holes in the baseplate is my favorite feature!

Question though- as I am someone that disassembles their razors after every shave, rinses them with alcohol, and pats them with a paper towel, I'm worried it's only a matter of time the screw hook goes down my drain. Will there be an option to purchase just the screw if this happens?

Thanks!

7 568
 07-30-2017, 02:17 PM
User Info
(07-30-2017, 04:41 AM)Shave Monkey Wrote: Stan- great job on the design in this one. I must say the drain holes in the baseplate is my favorite feature!

Question though- as I am someone that disassembles their razors after every shave, rinses them with alcohol, and pats them with a paper towel, I'm worried it's only a matter of time the screw hook goes down my drain. Will there be an option to purchase just the screw if this happens?

Thanks!

How about applying a little thick silicone grease to the screw hook and leaving it in the handle.  The grease will keep water out of the threads, and combined without not completely removing it constantly will reduce wear on the threads.

0 26
 07-30-2017, 05:53 PM
User Info
Are there blade stops on this razor, to protect your face from the Gem blade's sharp square corners?  I can't tell from the picture on their website.  
Gem blades have sharp square corners, not rounded beveled corners like DE and Shavette blades do.  With one recent exception, 
all the razors that use Gem blades have blade stops.  The Rocnel doesn't have them, and it scratched my face when I shaved with it.  
And yes, I did have the blade perfectly centered.  And yes, I do have experience with Gem SEs.
I hope this new Gem type razor has blade stops.  Without them you could get all scratched up.  I did, and I've been shaving for over fifty years.

14 230
 07-30-2017, 05:55 PM
User Info
(07-30-2017, 05:53 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: Are there blade stops on this razor, to protect your face from the Gem blade's sharp square corners?  I can't tell from the picture on their website.  
Gem blades have sharp square corners, not rounded beveled corners like DE and Shavette blades do.  With one recent exception, 
all the razors that use Gem blades have blade stops.  The Rocnel doesn't have them, and it scratched my face when I shaved with it.  
And yes, I did have the blade perfectly centered.  And yes, I do have experience with Gem SEs.
I hope this new Gem type razor has blade stops.  Without them you could get all scratched up.  I did, and I've been shaving for over fifty years.
You make an excellent point I had mine completely centered and the edge did catch me underneath the neck but I knew when to stop you kept going I couldn't believe it

19 615
 07-31-2017, 04:53 AM
User Info
No blade stops on mine.  I described this a couple of days ago.  The baseplate extends beyond the sides of the blade by almost a mm so no chance of catching one of the sharp blade corners.  I have only shaved with mine a couple of times so far and no problems there .

0 26