08-22-2017, 02:15 PM
User Info
wow... lets see if they actually come post

0 100
 08-22-2017, 03:49 PM
User Info
Glad this got resolved Michael and sorry you had to go through this.  Thanks again for the PSA and keeping us updated along the way.

17 1,327
 08-22-2017, 04:13 PM
User Info
Glad it worked out for you. I don't understand these big companies and their decisions sometimes. It's easy to do the right thing, why make it difficult and be a hassle.

11 1,169
 08-22-2017, 04:56 PM
User Info
Michael, I commend you for refusing to be a victim.  The way Classic Shaving/The Grooming Network handled this shows a total lack of integrity.  I'm glad to hear you prevailed.

50 5,933
 08-22-2017, 05:34 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Sorry you had to deal with this frustrating experience, but glad it is being resolved.
And I love your letter!

59 2,703
 08-22-2017, 05:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Wow! What a wild story. It's good to hear about a satisfactory resolution to a nightmare situation. Can only hope others don't get jerked around by the Grooming Network/Classic Shaving company. They sure seemed to have behaved disrespectfully to a customer who's spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars he could have spent elsewhere. It's great you persevered and prevailed.

6 2,061
 08-23-2017, 05:41 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
A wild story indeed, but with a happy ending for Michael Wink

Michael, out of curiosity, could they accuse you of harming their business reputation? I mean, you just made an honest review and told everyone your experience with them. I certainly hope not.

49 1,962
 08-23-2017, 07:21 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(08-23-2017, 05:41 AM)nikos.a Wrote: A wild story indeed, but with a happy ending for Michael Wink

Michael, out of curiosity, could they accuse you of harming their business reputation? I mean, you just made an honest review and told everyone your experience with them. I certainly hope not.

He has not claimed anything that wasn't truthful and backed up his displeasure with factual evidence so he should be safe from any slandering accusations.  I think the Grooming Network is in need of a complete customer service overhaul and hope that they find a way to cater to it's clients in a manner that promotes repeat business.  When a company continuously provides bad service and poorly made products, you eventually run out of enough new customers to keep the business sustainable.

143 2,716
 08-23-2017, 07:32 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I am glad to see it all worked out in the end for you Michael!

8 395
 08-23-2017, 01:46 PM
User Info
Great news. I knew PayPal would come through.

39 3,917
 08-23-2017, 06:44 PM
User Info
(08-22-2017, 04:56 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Michael, I commend you for refusing to be a victim.  The way Classic Shaving/The Grooming Network handled this shows a total lack of integrity.  I'm glad to hear you prevailed.

Thank you Ricardo, and all the gents here for your support, and for listening.

All they had to do is say 'send the razor back and we'll send you another that we've checked.' Would have been done and dusted. Instead, they opted for a high-handed, dismissive tone, that basically said, 'we don't care, too bad, you're stuck'. 

(08-23-2017, 05:41 AM)nikos.a Wrote: A wild story indeed, but with a happy ending for Michael Wink

Thank you for your concern, Nick. They could try, but I don't think they would have legal grounds in this case. If I were deliberately trying to harm their business by spreading falsehoods, making false claims, etc. they might have a case for something like tortious interference with business. But all I did was make the shaving community aware of the customer service I received, complete with pictures, quotes from their own emails, etc. And I know it wasn't lost on some of you that I had already been VERY happy with my original Cobra and King Cobra, and liked them so much I was spending $500 on backups. So, a reasonable conclusion would be if this is the way they treat a good, satisfied customer, how would they treat someone dealing with them for the first time?

Although I haven't practiced law for many years, and am certainly not offering any legal advice, I think that they should be very cautious. They have already been put on notice that there is a potential design defect in this razor. If, heaven forbid, someone with wet hands trying to get the blade out of the razor has to apply force to get this latch open, slips, and gets seriously cut by a Feather Artist Club blade, there could be serious legal consequences to them. I certainly hope this never happens. I don't wish them ill, but I simply won't do business with them.

23 621
 08-24-2017, 10:42 AM
User Info
Oddly enough, within the last week or so my inbox has become crowded with Classic Shaving email blasts... although I signed up a long time ago, I didn't start receiving anything until recently.  Based on the above, I've adjusted my SPAM filter so I no longer receive them.

17 1,327
 08-24-2017, 12:23 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(08-23-2017, 06:44 PM)Michael P Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 04:56 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Michael, I commend you for refusing to be a victim.  The way Classic Shaving/The Grooming Network handled this shows a total lack of integrity.  I'm glad to hear you prevailed.

All they had to do is say 'send the razor back and we'll send you another that we've checked.' Would have been done and dusted. Instead, they opted for a high-handed, dismissive tone, that basically said, 'we don't care, too bad, you're stuck'. 

Thank you for your concern, Nick. They could try, but I don't think they would have legal grounds in this case. If I were deliberately trying to harm their business by spreading falsehoods, making false claims, etc. they might have a case for something like tortious interference with business. But all I did was make the shaving community aware of the customer service I received, complete with pictures, quotes from their own emails, etc. And I know it wasn't lost on some of you that I had already been VERY happy with my original Cobra and King Cobra, and liked them so much I was spending $500 on backups. So, a reasonable conclusion would be if this is the way they treat a good, satisfied customer, how would they treat someone dealing with them for the first time?

Although I haven't practiced law for many years, and am certainly not offering any legal advice, I think that they should be very cautious. They have already been put on notice that there is a potential design defect in this razor. If, heaven forbid, someone with wet hands trying to get the blade out of the razor has to apply force to get this latch open, slips, and gets seriously cut by a Feather Artist Club blade, there could be serious legal consequences to them. I certainly hope this never happens. I don't wish them ill, but I simply won't do business with them.

I get it, Michael!

As a side note, I understand why you wanted to have backups of razors they shave you nicely. I've been there several times... Smile

49 1,962
 09-01-2017, 08:33 AM
User Info
(08-24-2017, 12:23 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 06:44 PM)Michael P Wrote:

I get it, Michael!

As a side note, I understand why you wanted to have backups of razors they shave you nicely. I've been there several times... Smile

Typical of a big corporation these days.
It's all about how much they can gouge you for.
Ron

0 59