08-21-2017, 02:01 PM
User Info
I am becoming more and more impressed with this house.  The second fragrance I bought from them was Vetiver 46.  The first was The Noir 29, and I really love that one, but the Vetiver was so nice I was inspired to start a thread.

I have enjoyed quite a few vetiver based scents in the past, such as Guerlain Vetiver and Creed Original Vetiver, but the Le Labo offering is a bit different.  I make no claims to having a golden nose, and I am still trying very hard to educate my palate, so my observations will no doubt seem rudimentary.  I will do my best to describe what I'm smelling, please bear with me.

The opening is quite peppery, I would say lively.  The vetiver is also accompanied by a nice woody note.  The opening is really nice and green, simply lovely.

As the scent dries down, the vetiver turns more grassy smelling. The cedar wood lingers along with the vetiver, but the pepper mellows out quite a bit.  It's been on my arm for just over an hour, I can't quite comment on its longevity. Projections seems pretty good.

I have read a few reviews that say that this scent is very similar to Comme de Garcons 2 Man. I have a sample of that one in my queue, but I have not yet tried it, so I can't comment.

I will say that I love this scent, and I can say it's 100% certain this will become one of the favorites in my stable.  I highly recommend trying a sample.

0 318
 08-21-2017, 06:42 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I have had Vetiver 46 in days past. You're quite right. It's a scent that most vetiver fans would enjoy.

58 1,584
 08-23-2017, 10:50 AM
User Info
It's a vetiver version of the now long discontinued master designer piece Gucci pour homme and CDG 2 Man.

Love it. Will buy a bottle of this at some stage.

I have 150-200 fragrances on my to buy list.....if I didn't already own cdg 2 man and Gucci ph, this would be at the top of that to buy list.

24 5,923
 08-23-2017, 08:37 PM
User Info
(08-23-2017, 10:50 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: It's a vetiver version of the now long discontinued master designer piece Gucci pour homme and CDG 2 Man.

I have 150-200 fragrances on my to buy list.....if I didn't already own cdg 2 man and Gucci ph, this would be at the top of that to buy list.

I can relate, my "to buy" list is a mile long and getting longer every day. I really should have been born rich instead of handsome...

0 318
 08-23-2017, 11:13 PM
User Info
(08-23-2017, 08:37 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 10:50 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: It's a vetiver version of the now long discontinued master designer piece Gucci pour homme and CDG 2 Man.

I can relate, my "to buy" list is a mile long and getting longer every day. I really should have been born rich instead of handsome...

24 5,923