08-29-2017, 03:56 AM
User Info
Okay...
Thanks for the info. I can see I need to browse the various shave products vendors more. I've only looked at Maggards maybe twice.
I hope it smells much more like a forest than "pez" !!

0 192
 09-13-2017, 06:15 AM
User Info
I purchased the soap, aftershave, and the limited run of the Rebecca Graves Co shave bowl. As someone else mentioned, if it's not up to snuff, there is definitely a following and someone will take it off your hands. 

As far as the scents and descriptions, I think it's pretty well established that B&M has some of the most complex scent profiles out there. It's rare to really get a true description of it because it's not going to smell the same to everyone. With B&M I kind of take the approach that you won't know unless you try it.

7 102
 09-16-2017, 11:06 AM
User Info
(09-13-2017, 06:15 AM)_i2oss Wrote: I purchased the soap, aftershave, and the limited run of the Rebecca Graves Co shave bowl. As someone else mentioned, if it's not up to snuff, there is definitely a following and someone will take it off your hands. 

As far as the scents and descriptions, I think it's pretty well established that B&M has some of the most complex scent profiles out there. It's rare to really get a true description of it because it's not going to smell the same to everyone. With B&M I kind of take the approach that you won't know unless you try it.

To me B&M is the niche version of shaving soaps, with a variety of opinions on Will and his scents.

Some argue, that Will is an utter amateur and when he once in a while hits a strike scent, it's based on pure luck, because he does not know the first thing about what he is doing.
Others will argue, that Will in fact has grown quite a bit and more often than not makes very solid niche like scented shaving soaps with very advanced scents.

Some of his scents are too much for me, especially in a shaving soap, others are in my view very well made.

Seville is still one of my all time favourite barbershop scents, simple, elegant and powerful.
Lavanille at first was gross to my nose, but has grown on me and I now enjoy it, especially in the winter time.
His Fougere scents are also very well made to be honest, even though I disliked them at first.

Some of his more advanced scents can be a bit too much for me to be honest though.

24 6,003