08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I just did my second shave with a Contour.This time with a fresh ASR blade.After 2 passes using Classic Brand shave soap(not my fave) and an old VDH brush face lathering I had a DFS.For my third pass I did a light atg buff.I think with some better lather I could stop with 2 passes.

The arced handle makes you do an adjustment in the usual SE grip but it seems to give a very nice gentle shave.This is another model of razor that I had never heard of until recently,but I'm glad I got it.

0 275
 08-26-2012, 03:02 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Good to read that it worked out!

I just received a Contour from the Bay. It looks to be just like the Featherweight with the arced handle. Similar weight too.

I was wondering if it would be slightly more aggressive than the Featherweight because of the arc and longer length of the handle.

Urrlord, have you tried a Featherweight for comparison?
I found the Featherweight to give an effortless, irritation free, very close shave with little worry of carving myself up. Hopefully the Contour proves the same or even better based on what you mention.

6 905
 08-26-2012, 04:36 AM
User Info
The Featherweight and Contour razors are both mild razors. The Featherweight, as the name implies, is very light, and nimble. The Contour I, and Contour II,a bit heavier than the Featherweight, share the same handle and finish. I do like the Contour handle and the way it feels in my fingers. The later GEM razors are good, but I still prefer the older 1912, Damaskeene, and Ever-Ready 1914.

6 230
 08-26-2012, 06:20 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
It seemed to be slightly more aggressive than the Featherweight.I like the Featherweight ,but the Contour is good.I like them both.I'll have to give it another go today with better lather.

0 275
 08-26-2012, 09:17 AM
User Info
I don't disagree with you. Yes the Contour is a bit more agressive than the Featherweight. But, compared to a GEM OCMM, they are mild, I think.

6 230
 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM
User Info
Not my favorite Gem for some reason. Actually have not used one in awhile. I need to get it back out. Glad you got a good shave from it.

1 55
 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
User Info
Congrats and enjoy the razor.

75 20,883