08-26-2012, 12:55 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info

This is a video I made from other youtube's videos ,about 3 of the most famous London men toiletries, hair dressing and barbershop : D. R. Harris , Geo F Trumper and Taylor of Old Bond Street.Unfortunately,I couldn't find one for Truefitt and Hill.

The first segment shows the D.R. Harris & CO store , located at 29 St James Street.

The second segment is about Geo F Trumper barbershop and store (this segment was part of a documentary about how Victorian men used to live ). I do thank to sunburyboy93 (a member of the UK based wet shaving forum,The Shaving Room ) for this segment.

The third one is about how to open a Taylor of Old Bond Street franchise store , and show us its shop in London , located at 74 Jermyn Street.

86 7,123
 08-26-2012, 06:02 AM
  • Notary
  • Montreal, Quebec
User Info
I just viewed the D R Harris Store video, now yours is even more enticing. These stores are awesome and beyond description, especially the way everything is plentifully, neatly and colorfully organized, jumping at you and saying "buy me". Actually the products are saying "you gotta have me"; especially the way they are so cleverly and tactfully displayed, making them that much more desirable. London is definitely on the "to do" list in the short run. But I must remember to bring a lot of money. Happy Shaving.

0 108
 08-26-2012, 01:05 PM
User Info
Teiste, thanks for sharing.

74 20,808
 09-02-2012, 06:22 AM
User Info
Thank you Tieste for sharing these videos. All three establishments should be on every Shave Nook member's list of places to visit while in London.

0 3,341