08-30-2017, 04:25 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I've owned quite a few Semogues in the last few years. Still have three. Personally, I don't mind the ring. It's distinctive and unique. If anyone's looking for my opinion, I say keep it. As far as a knot, I vote for over-stuffed, soft-tipped 3 band (much like the photo above), sized 28/55. Nice, right? For a handle, surprise me Smile

7 2,283
 09-03-2017, 06:00 AM
User Info
(08-29-2017, 08:55 AM)bullgoose Wrote: These are exciting times for BullGoose Shaving. We have several irons in the fire and would like to share some of our upcoming projects. Make sure to keep up to date on the projects by following us on one of the shaving forums or on Social Media (Facebook and Instagram).

Asylum Evolution Type S -We are developing a more aggressive base plate to compliment the standard version of the Asylum Evolution and Asylum Evolution XL. Prototypes have been produced and focus group testing begins this week. The more aggressive version of the razor should be released sometime this fall
[Image: Comparison_large.jpg?v=1504024659]
Semogue LE Brush -BullGoose Shaving is working with Semogue on a limited edition shaving brush. Below is a computer generated image of the handle (54mm tall). There may be a couple of different knot options -details are still being worked out. This brush should be ready by October. 
[Image: Semogue_large.jpg?v=1504024893]
Saponificio Varesino Flying Mango Shaving Soap -In 2015, we collaborated with Saponificio Varesino on a limited edition shaving soap for the Shave Nook forum. It was so popular that we decided to re-release it. This time though, we will use the latest Saponificio Varesino soap base. We do not yet have a firm ETA on this soap but, it should be ready sometime this fall. 
[Image: mango_large.jpg?v=1504025011]
Paradigm Stainless Steel Razor -Paradigm Razors will soon be releasing a Stainless Steel DE razor. It is a new design that will prove to be very efficient but with less blade feel making it an excellent everyday driver. I have seen sneak peeks of the razor and, it is a stunner! It should be ready by late October.

I'm really excited to try the Flying Mango, I missed the 1st release.  Not sure who has the input but is it possible to suggest an oversized container, like the 70th Anniversary tin?  That tin is perfection for the soap it contains, SV's Felce 4.3, not so much.  Just a suggestion

18 62
 09-03-2017, 07:05 AM
User Info
As far as the Paradigm is concerned, I love the original.  Will the Stainless version come in that configuration at some point or only the reduced blade feel/gap?

Thanks!

0 243
 09-03-2017, 07:38 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(09-03-2017, 07:05 AM)Asafiev Wrote: As far as the Paradigm is concerned, I love the original.  Will the Stainless version come in that configuration at some point or only the reduced blade feel/gap?

Thanks!

No, I don't think so. The head has evolved. It should be just as efficient as before with a bit less blade feel.

46 18,475
 09-03-2017, 03:20 PM
User Info
 09-03-2017, 03:58 PM
User Info
I can't wait to hear more about the brushes. Will the handles be some type of resin or maybe wooden?

More than one type of knot is interesting for sure.

Semogue makes great brushes!

10 1,435
 09-03-2017, 05:49 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(09-03-2017, 03:58 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: I can't wait to hear more about the brushes. Will the handles be some type of resin or maybe wooden?

More than one type of knot is interesting for sure.

Semogue makes great brushes!

Yes, the handles will be turned from a resin. I am really looking forward to them as well. It is my understanding that production begins this week.

46 18,475
 09-04-2017, 08:10 AM
User Info
Will the handle be made of wood or acrylic on the LE brush? If there is a two band option as well as a 610 type boar knot that would be incredible. Awesome news Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 1,581
 09-04-2017, 12:14 PM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
I have the evolution but in black. I like the idea of a new baseplate, but any chance you will offer it in the black? I'd hate to be excluded from the ability to upgrade my baseplate because i bought the black version.. ps I love my evolution !!

3 180
 09-22-2017, 06:21 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
There has been a slight delay with the Semogue LE brushes. Mr. Gomez was not happy with the rod stock so, we are waiting for a new shipment.

46 18,475