08-30-2017, 08:14 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I purchased this brush a couple weeks ago and love everything about it but the knot shape.  The flat top knot is a very polarizing shape and this is my second attempt at falling in love with it.  I failed.  The brush is made by hand in the USA with a hand-tied knot and lathe turned handle.  The manufacturer of these brushes is located in SoCal and is releasing them slowly and they sell out quickly.  Here is what the manufacturer stated about this brush:

26mm 2-Band (Finest) Badger Hair Shaving Brush

Knot Loft: 49mm
Type: Fan
Handle: 50mm tall, 34-40mm diameter
Brush: 104mm tall
Feel: Med-High back bone. Slightly scrubby

Alumilite Light green and cream swirl

Made 100% from scratch in Southern California. The knot was hand tied here in my shop from high-end imported loose badger hairs (US badger hair in unavailable best I can tell). The handle resin was mixed, dyed, cured, and cut into a brush on location. These two parts were then married together into a luxury brush that will rival any brush you have used - guaranteed.

I measured the knot at 28mm in diameter with a 53mm loft.  This knot is as dense or possibly denser than any other knot I have ever used and has soft, but scrubby tips, no irritating scritch noticed.  The brush feels very large on the face due to the flat top knot shape.

[Image: 89V1gm3.jpg][Image: lZgb0eQ.jpg][Image: BitEI5s.jpg][Image: eRdpphI.jpg]

I will be buying another of these brushes in a smaller size or preferably with a more hybrid shaped knot.  I paid $115, used it four times and now it's yours for $90 shipped to any US address.

160 2,902
 08-30-2017, 09:08 AM
User Info
Looks like a killer brush for somebody that enjoys a flat top, glwts!

28 777
 08-30-2017, 10:37 AM
  • Niro884
  • Emperor of Shaving
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
Beautiful brush indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78 1,172
 08-30-2017, 10:50 AM
User Info
Great guy to do business with.

GLWTS

23 1,938
 08-30-2017, 11:10 AM
User Info
I have one of these with a slightly different knot shape in a different handle. Mine is uniquely dense and supremely high quality. Reminds me of my batch 3 declaration brushworks brush. 

This is a heck of an opportunity in my opinion if it's at all like the one I have. I'm sorry I'm not in a position to snap it up.

They won't be in this price range if or when they're more widely available.

11 1,627
 08-30-2017, 11:19 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Thank you gentlemen for the kind words, it means a lot!  Blush

This brush is sold!

160 2,902