01-10-2018, 01:15 PM
User Info
I still have a first Gen Rockwell 6S -- the "corrected" version before they abandoned their original production method and went with the current method -- and won't shave with it.  It's too aggressive for my taste, and I like aggressive!  I received a replacement 6S when they sorted out their manufacturing issues and that was a very well made razor.

23 1,938
 01-10-2018, 03:10 PM
User Info
(01-10-2018, 11:10 AM)kingfisher Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 05:35 AM)Rhinehoth Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:26 AM)Galhatz Wrote: I have a Merkur Futur with the classic uneven blade exposure. They should outsource tgeir manufacturering to India or China.

Someone from China must have read your post because an exact replica of the Futur is being manufactured there and sold on fleabay and elsewhere. ?

I'm guessing the post was a bit tongue-in-cheek and that the Galhatz already knew that clones were being made and sold.  For some people they seem to work even better than the Futur.

Yes, it was. I have both and they shave equally well, for me anyway anyway. The Merkur razors have never been as well built as the Muehle razors but they are still good shavers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 145
 01-18-2018, 07:44 AM
  • Jack
  • Old School
  • Long Island
User Info
Original Muhle R41.

0 171
 01-18-2018, 08:59 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have three Wolfman razors and a BBS razor that I never use anymore. While the machining and finish is excellent and they look great on the shelf,  I'm just not that wild about them. Perhaps I need to use them exclusively for awhile to see if my opinion changes.

48 19,282
 01-18-2018, 03:18 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Quote:I have three Wolfman razors and a BBS razor that I never use anymore. While the machining and finish is excellent and they look great on the shelf,  I'm just not that wild about them. Perhaps I need to use them exclusively for awhile to see if my opinion changes.
Finding the "right" blade agreeing with skin made incredible difference in my experience with Wolfman - more so than any other razor to date.

On different subject understand the Ti made it out of finishing today - looking forward to buying as soon as notified of availability

1 163
 01-19-2018, 06:18 PM
User Info
Fatip Grande. It's my second one. I had one in Ruthenium, a black gunmetal finish that started to wear off from the first moment I touched it.  Very poor blade alignment.  The one I have now is nickel.  Better (but still poor) blade alignment and the nickel started flaking off the top cap within the first twenty shaves.  I finally mastered the ability to shave with it without cutting myself, but have never found it to be the wonderfully smooth experience that other owners claim to have.  Steep or shallow angle with every choice of blade from a Feather to a Derby it always feels rough and "grabby".  That, and the extreme  amount of care that must be taken to not injure myself with it has had it sitting un-used for months.  My most aggressive/effective razor is now either of my two Gillette Old Types.  They offer plenty of blade feel and I can accomplish BBS without the risk.  They're awesome razors.  If I want to go milder I can move through my other Gillette models (NEW LC, Techs and Super Speeds).  And now that I think about it, I'm beginning to have very little use for the Super Speeds as they're a little too mild and I can get the results I'm after with the Techs and older open comb models.

2 236