03-12-2012, 02:07 PM
User Info
What are yalls thoughts about it, i think it smells like Erasmic shave sticks but lathers much better, I haven't used it for a shave yet, how is the slickness and moisturizing?

0 90
 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
I dont think that smells like the Erasmic shave sticks (I have 2 of the old tallow formulations) but more floral and spicy.
Its a really nice shaving soap with the Sienna,much better than the Sandalwood one from this same brand (well,this one has a different formulation).To me they perform the same than other UK soaps qith almost the same formulations like Floris JF and Elite,Tumper Violet and coconut,Edwin Jagger/Muhle soaps...
It has a good skin care and for its price,its truly a good soap.

86 7,123
 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
User Info
(03-12-2012, 02:07 PM)CryptoSOLO Wrote: What are yalls thoughts about it, i think it smells like Erasmic shave sticks but lathers much better, I haven't used it for a shave yet, how is the slickness and moisturizing?

I haven't used the C&E soap, but their cream is FANTASTIC!

I've smelled better creams before, but the performance, the ease of lathering and the protection, was wonderful for me.

here's a few photos I took of the lather I made using their nomad cream and a frank shaving badger brush:

[Image: P1060993.JPG?m=1324840002]

[Image: P1060997.JPG?m=1324839968]

40 5,830
 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I didn't care for it or the sandalwood honestly. Lackluster scent and performance. I'd like to try sienna though

116 3,804
 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM
User Info
Have not tried the sandalwood, sienna, or nomad. I have the Sweet Almond Oil by C&E and it lives up to it's name - Sweet. Great lather and one of the better moisturizing creams I have used. I may give the sienna a try when I find a tube at a reasonable price.

29 1,731
 03-13-2012, 03:00 AM
User Info
I am a big fan of the C&E soaps. I currently have all 3 flavors in my rotation. Sienna is the best smelling to me.

On the other forum I visit no one seemed to like C&E soaps. It is good to see here that other folks like, enjoy and recommend them.

Phil

7 363
 03-13-2012, 05:55 AM
User Info
Never tried the Nomad, but I have, use, like and recommend the Sienna. You can read my review here. Cool

2 5,532
 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-13-2012, 03:00 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote: I am a big fan of the C&E soaps. I currently have all 3 flavors in my rotation. Sienna is the best smelling to me.

On the other forum I visit no one seemed to like C&E soaps. It is good to see here that other folks like, enjoy and recommend them.

Phil

Phil:

I believe that some guys dont know how to proper make lather from a tripple milled soap,so they get a weak,faint,bubbly lather from the soaps and of course,the shaves are terrible.
I have never had any issue with the lather from any of the C&E soaps,but to me the Sienna and Nomad are much better performers than the Sandalwood one (this one has a different formulation).

86 7,123
 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
User Info
This is a very interesing thread. I use most of the time soft soaps and creams. A few months ago I bought C&E Nomad soap (only Nomad and Sandalwood were available at the local mall). I haven't tried it yet mainly due to the bad reviews I've read about it. I've got the impression it doesn't have good reputation. I have to admit I don't have much experience making lather from hard soaps. I'm curious now to try my C&E and see how it goes.

2 180
 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-13-2012, 04:33 PM)edgerunner Wrote: This is a very interesing thread. I use most of the time soft soaps and creams. A few months ago I bought C&E Nomad soap (only Nomad and Sandalwood were available at the local mall). I haven't tried it yet mainly due to the bad reviews I've read about it. I've got the impression it doesn't have good reputation. I have to admit I don't have much experience making lather from hard soaps. I'm curious now to try my C&E and see how it goes.

Charge the soap really good and thats it.I have this video making lather from a Edwin Jagger soap,with almost the same formulation than the C&E Nomad.In the video in making lather on the palm of my hand,but with the same charging,I always go for a facelathering massage.
[/align]

86 7,123
 03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
User Info
Thanks Teiste, I'm going to try my C&E with SOC 2-band or 2011 LE for my next shave tomorrow.

2 180
 03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-13-2012, 05:37 PM)edgerunner Wrote: Thanks Teiste, I'm going to try my C&E with SOC 2-band or 2011 LE for my next shave tomorrow.

Let us know how it goes.The SOC 2 band its such a GREAT brush!

86 7,123
 03-13-2012, 09:42 PM
User Info
Nomad's excellent.

Try the Sandalwood too.

0 257
 03-14-2012, 02:38 AM
  • etoyoc
  • NW Indiana
User Info
In my case, Erasmic causes a bad skin reaction, Nomad doesn't. So for me it is plain and simple that I can use Nomad and not Erasmic.

That being said, I think I prefer Sienna.

0 253
 03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
User Info
Wow, I loved the Nomad. I just tried it for the first time tonight. I was prepared for an exhausting and long battle with it, but it didn't happen. I put a few drops of water on the puck for a minute or two, soacked the brush for the same time while I was loading the razors and preparing my face. The loading of my SOC 2-band was effortless and quick (about 30 seconds energetic swirling on the puck). I bowl lather, so it took me the usual time about 1.5 minutes work in the bowl to produce enough lather for at least 3 passes. Sometimes, when I'm lazy or on a hurry, my lather gets thin for the third pass but not this time. It was slick all the way through. I felt my skin soft and not dry after the shave. Easily, this soap can become one of my regular soaps. It deserves the $9 it costs at the local C&E store. Unforunately, they have only the Nomad and Sandalwood scents in stock.

2 180
 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(03-14-2012, 05:49 PM)edgerunner Wrote: Wow, I loved the Nomad. I just tried it for the first time tonight. I was prepared for an exhausting and long battle with it, but it didn't happen. I put a few drops of water on the puck for a minute or two, soacked the brush for the same time while I was loading the razors and preparing my face. The loading of my SOC 2-band was effortless and quick (about 30 seconds energetic swirling on the puck). I bowl lather, so it took me the usual time about 1.5 minutes work in the bowl to produce enough lather for at least 3 passes. Sometimes, when I'm lazy or on a hurry, my lather gets thin for the third pass but not this time. It was slick all the way through. I felt my skin soft and not dry after the shave. Easily, this soap can become one of my regular soaps. It deserves the $9 it costs at the local C&E store. Unforunately, they have only the Nomad and Sandalwood scents in stock.

Nice!But the sandalwood its not as nice as this or the Sienna (skin care wise).

86 7,123
 03-14-2012, 08:05 PM
User Info
The only one I have available locally is the nomad but I think I'm gonna take a trip up to the dallas area (4.5 hours away )this summer and stop by C&E and get some of the sienna.call me crazy but I have a gift card there and they don't accept them online.

0 90
 03-14-2012, 08:43 PM
User Info
I have both the Nomad and the Sienna. When I first smelled the Nomad in store, it reminded me of the desert.. dry and dusty. That being said, the GF loved the smell so it came home! Using it, the lather was quickly transformed into something more floral and bearable, and the lather was rich and slick. I prefer the scent of the Sienna, but the Nomad is definitely not finding itself on the back of the shelf in the nook.

0 37
 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
I believe the Nomad soap was supposed to be good for sensitive skin, but it gave me some irritation. Ah well........

3 2,562