09-09-2017, 12:09 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Phil said that the new SS Paradigm will have less blade feel then the Titanium version, compared to what.? How does the titanium compare to a SB Blackbird , or a Timeless 68, 95 in SB or OC, or Wolf? I would like have a comparison, I would like to be an informed consumer since this razor will be priced at $250.00.

i would love it if any of you gents that have the Titanium would give a comparison review.

52 479
 09-09-2017, 02:02 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
In my experience the Ti Paradigm is quite more aggressive than the SB BB and 0.74 Wolfman. However, it also is a somewhat delicate razor and if one does not apply much pressure, the Paradigm Ti does not cause much troubles while offering a very close and exciting shave. I enjoy using my Ti Paradigm, but I am also planning to purchase a SS version as well.

113 1,540
 09-09-2017, 04:02 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
In my opinion... the original TI Paradigm Razor shaved with similar efficiency to the Blackbird.  With the extra blade feel (on the Paradigm) I had a better understanding of when the blade was fully engaged so it was easier to get a closer shave.  Typically I prefer mild razors but the Paradigm provided such a unique shave that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.  All the other razors along the way had prepared me for that experience.

I also have a Wolfman and the Paradigm provided more blade feel and was more efficient.  The extra blade feel was the key ingredient in the Paradigm razor in my opinion that helped give it an edge over other razors in my collection.  It didn't act like a reckless character with a degree of risk chanced with every pass.  It was a full-bodied experience but controlled.

I don't own a Timeless razor.

I took Phil's post to mean the next variation of the razor will reduce that blade feel but keep the blade gap similar to what is now.  Thus, acting more in line with Blackbird, Wolfman, etc.  I could be wrong, that was my interpretation.

If you would find it helpful, here is my review from earlier in the year:

Conclusion:  I want a Paradigm Razor.

First thing I noticed:  the deep grey color of the titanium and the art deco profile is flawlessly executed.  Absolutely gorgeous design on this razor.  From the blade pins, to the tapered handle, all is thoughtfully crafted by someone with a strong skill set who took their time and had fun while doing it.

First thing I noticed while shaving:  this is one of the loudest razors I have used.  One could get away with two passes with the grain which is rare and appreciated.  While shaving against the grain, the blade feel is more pronounced than with other razors.  In either scenario, I did not suffer any adverse reactions.  

Advice for first time users: start with your favorite mild blade and realize this is one of the few two-pass razors you will use.  I did up to four passes but quickly realized that was unnecessary going forward.

Advice for improvement:  This razor is perfect in it's present form.  Resist the urge to tweak the design in any way.  Please.

My DE inventory:  Wolfman (standard gap), ATT M1, ASD2, Oristo, Gillette Super Adjustable, Merkur Adjustable, Blackbird.

Comparisons:  If you asked me to pick my top two razors it would be the Blackbird and the Paradigm.  In my book, I can't pick one between the two.

Final thoughts:  this razor has a slightly stronger blade feel than a Wolfman.  I would not categorize this razor as too aggressive. This is a razor that was thoughtfully designed to be as efficient as possible.  I don't know if I would use an aggressive blade (Feather) in this razor when an Astra served me so well.  I get the impression that this razor will amplify the habits of any blade put into it.  Yes, the cost of the razor is worth it, you only live once.  It is also unique enough to earn it's own corner of the room so avoid trying to make it fit into the profile of another razor on the market.  Yes, this razor needs to be on your wet shaving bucket list.  

0 250
 09-10-2017, 07:34 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Thank you gentlemen for your excellent comparison reviews. Now I (as well as one else that reads both of your reviews) knows the kind of shave the Ti produces. Your comparison reviews really help in understanding the kind of shave the SS version will produce. You both made me more the wiser, thanks again.

52 479
 09-16-2017, 03:52 AM
User Info
(09-09-2017, 04:02 PM)Asafiev Wrote: In my opinion... the original TI Paradigm Razor shaved with similar efficiency to the Blackbird.  With the extra blade feel (on the Paradigm) I had a better understanding of when the blade was fully engaged so it was easier to get a closer shave.  Typically I prefer mild razors but the Paradigm provided such a unique shave that I couldn't help but fall in love with it.  All the other razors along the way had prepared me for that experience.

I also have a Wolfman and the Paradigm provided more blade feel and was more efficient.  The extra blade feel was the key ingredient in the Paradigm razor in my opinion that helped give it an edge over other razors in my collection.  It didn't act like a reckless character with a degree of risk chanced with every pass.  It was a full-bodied experience but controlled.

I don't own a Timeless razor.

I took Phil's post to mean the next variation of the razor will reduce that blade feel but keep the blade gap similar to what is now.  Thus, acting more in line with Blackbird, Wolfman, etc.  I could be wrong, that was my interpretation.

If you would find it helpful, here is my review from earlier in the year:

Conclusion:  I want a Paradigm Razor.

First thing I noticed:  the deep grey color of the titanium and the art deco profile is flawlessly executed.  Absolutely gorgeous design on this razor.  From the blade pins, to the tapered handle, all is thoughtfully crafted by someone with a strong skill set who took their time and had fun while doing it.

First thing I noticed while shaving:  this is one of the loudest razors I have used.  One could get away with two passes with the grain which is rare and appreciated.  While shaving against the grain, the blade feel is more pronounced than with other razors.  In either scenario, I did not suffer any adverse reactions.  

Advice for first time users: start with your favorite mild blade and realize this is one of the few two-pass razors you will use.  I did up to four passes but quickly realized that was unnecessary going forward.

Advice for improvement:  This razor is perfect in it's present form.  Resist the urge to tweak the design in any way.  Please.

My DE inventory:  Wolfman (standard gap), ATT M1, ASD2, Oristo, Gillette Super Adjustable, Merkur Adjustable, Blackbird.

Comparisons:  If you asked me to pick my top two razors it would be the Blackbird and the Paradigm.  In my book, I can't pick one between the two.

Final thoughts:  this razor has a slightly stronger blade feel than a Wolfman.  I would not categorize this razor as too aggressive. This is a razor that was thoughtfully designed to be as efficient as possible.  I don't know if I would use an aggressive blade (Feather) in this razor when an Astra served me so well.  I get the impression that this razor will amplify the habits of any blade put into it.  Yes, the cost of the razor is worth it, you only live once.  It is also unique enough to earn it's own corner of the room so avoid trying to make it fit into the profile of another razor on the market.  Yes, this razor needs to be on your wet shaving bucket list.  
 Great review. One question. Where do I buy one. Or is it same as Wolfman with about 2 years wait list
Thanks1

0 82
 09-16-2017, 03:54 AM
User Info
(09-09-2017, 02:02 PM)ARGH Wrote: In my experience the Ti Paradigm is quite more aggressive than the SB BB and 0.74 Wolfman. However, it also is a somewhat delicate razor and if one does not apply much pressure, the Paradigm Ti does not cause much troubles while offering a very close and exciting shave. I enjoy using my Ti Paradigm, but I am also planning to purchase a SS version as well.

Hi. Where can I buy one in either metal

0 82
 09-16-2017, 04:38 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(09-16-2017, 03:54 AM)Vadimdon Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 02:02 PM)ARGH Wrote: In my experience the Ti Paradigm is quite more aggressive than the SB BB and 0.74 Wolfman. However, it also is a somewhat delicate razor and if one does not apply much pressure, the Paradigm Ti does not cause much troubles while offering a very close and exciting shave. I enjoy using my Ti Paradigm, but I am also planning to purchase a SS version as well.

I think Bullgoose is the only place to get them.   The SS is not out yet and I think the titanium is out of stock.

3 584
 09-16-2017, 05:40 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(09-16-2017, 04:38 AM)DayMan Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 03:54 AM)Vadimdon Wrote:

I think Bullgoose is the only place to get them.   The SS is not out yet and I think the titanium is out of stock.

+1

Additionally, you could monitor the BST section on this and other shaving forums. That is how I got mine.

113 1,540