09-11-2017, 05:37 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
This one looks like a combo of IKON and Above the Tie but it is aluminium and made in China...sells for $125.00....replaces the previous plastic one and is from FINE Accoutrements....might be interesting.

6 2,200
 09-11-2017, 09:56 PM
User Info
Not that I need another slant, but it would  be interesting to see some reviews. It's a light razor at something like 32 gr. and this I don't like as I prefer my razors to have a bit of heft for better control.

0 448
 09-11-2017, 10:12 PM
User Info
Heft is not needed for control, perfect control is possible with an 11gr. razor.

Mine is now on order.

3 159
 09-16-2017, 09:18 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
(09-11-2017, 10:12 PM)efsk Wrote: Heft is not needed for control, perfect control is possible with an 11gr. razor.

Mine is now on order.

Love to hear your thoughts when you get it....the razor has a couple of new modifications if you look closely.Did anyone actually get one of these?....Good or Bad.....let us know.....PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 2,200
 10-13-2017, 11:33 AM
User Info
Harvey
Bought one as it is hard for me to resist slants. As you know I have a fairly large collection of historic and modern ones. I have said on a few occasions that the "Solingen" head 1930's slant is my favorite of the "historic" razors and I like the ATT S1 the best of the modern ones. This new aluminum slant from Fine is a great razor. Have used it a couple of times with a Polsilver and Atra blade. Both very nice 3 pass shaves. It is maneuverable because of light weight with a pretty steep cutting angle. The head is offset a bit which allows quite a bit of bend to the razor. Reminds me of some of the Fasan's though it is hard to compare to another slant because it is not quite like any other. It is much better than Fine's first edition plastic variant. Michael Hamm and I believe Mantic 59 and the guy from North Carolina who talks  sometimes in Glossolalia (you tube) have all reviewed the razor and give it high marks. I know you need to ad another razor to the outlandish jumble you have. I would highly recommend it.

59 334
 10-13-2017, 11:51 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Glad you like it...on the web site the reviews I saw were "nasty"...yet they were allowed to be seen.....I bought the new Mamba from Italian Barber so maybe we can "trade".......(hahahahahahaha)......mind you probably won,t show up till next week....but well before the XMAS Model T...(probably before 2018 I hope)

6 2,200
 10-13-2017, 10:51 PM
User Info
It is absolutely a lot better than the Fine plastic slant. It s very well poduced, fabulous mirror finish, and very light. It is also on the agressive side with a large bladegap and serious twist to the blade. Make sure to apply no pressure at all and not let the safetybar come near the face and you get a very good shave. For me it is not one for daily use however, my skin can't handle multiple peelings per week.

3 159
 10-14-2017, 04:21 PM
User Info
Everyone is different I guess. I found the razor to be very easy to shave with and not super aggressive. 3 pass shave with the third pass really being touch up.

59 334