09-16-2017, 02:50 PM
User Info
It's been awhile since I used my Gillette Trac II razor. It was the first cartridge razor Gillette introduced. It did not have a pivot head and only had 2 blades. This was, IMO an almost perfect design. I used this razor exclusively for many years until I discovered this forum. Then I went back to DE razors and the new SE razors.

So I took it for a spin today and I have to say, it still gives a great close shave. 

[Image: PuzMjPG.jpg]

5 1,537
 09-16-2017, 02:56 PM
User Info
This is the razor that I left a Shick injector for and longed for once the pivoting head arrived ( hated those). I was unaware at the time that I could still get the trac II or I may have never got disgusted enough to return to my DE roots.

3 145
 09-16-2017, 03:27 PM
User Info
(09-16-2017, 02:56 PM)Lipripper60 Wrote: This is the razor that I left a Shick injector for and longed for once the pivoting head arrived ( hated those). I was unaware at the time that I could still get the trac II or I may have never got disgusted enough to return to my DE roots.

You can still buy after-market handles for the blades. Of course you can still buy the blades.

5 1,537
 09-16-2017, 05:12 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(09-16-2017, 02:50 PM)shave/brush Wrote: It's been awhile since I used my Gillette Trac II razor. It was the first cartridge razor Gillette introduced. It did not have a pivot head and only had 2 blades. This was, IMO an almost perfect design. I used this razor exclusively for many years ... .

I completely¯  empathize.  

For more than a quarter-century, I used a nice TracII-compatible handle with Wilkinson WII cartridges, prepping my beard with Col. Conk Amber shaving soap lathered with a pretty good Vulfix Super Badger brush.  I knew then — and I was right — that I had found a combination better than anything other men of my generation were using.

(09-16-2017, 02:50 PM)shave/brush Wrote: So I took it for a spin today and I have to say, it still gives a great close shave.

It does.  From time to time, I load part of my stash of NOS Wilkinson WII cartridges into the handles that I still own.  
Sometimes, the magic works.

1 1,089
 09-17-2017, 05:48 AM
User Info
It was a great idea that Gillette had at the time. By today's standards it still is a great idea. I get close shaves without any irritation. I think I will start using it more often.

[Image: NIKuthy.jpg]

5 1,537
 09-17-2017, 08:53 AM
User Info
I got one for free in Vegas from the Encore! I haven't used it yet, saving it for a flight which is the reason I'd not have my DE -

[Image: hvzHvdz.jpg]

6 749
 09-17-2017, 09:20 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Well, I have this. Last Christmas, a good friend from another forum sent me this along with a Rockwell 6s and a few other things. As you can see, the demo razor is enclosed. I don't know if I ever decide to try it out, but it's a nice piece in my small vintage collection!

[Image: iGm7s0r.jpg]

[Image: SGFZFFz.jpg]

[Image: Yh5vsVT.jpg]

49 1,997
 09-17-2017, 10:13 AM
User Info
That is cool nikos.a. I never it packaged like that before.

5 1,537