Poll: Lol just cause...
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So up here in the great white north you can hardly go to a place that has shaving stuff without running into this stuff

[Image: IMG_0065.JPG]

AV Original Sport, and guess what, unless you live up here or visit, you cant have it.

Why ?

well i guess for some reason only we make it, or its only made for our market, not sure why its my favourite of all the AV scents out there......

but it got me curious what do other places have that we cant get, our american friends, or our buddies in the UK how about the Eastern European, or Asian members (Mandom, ga head rub it in) nows your change to grind a gear, kick em while their down, and make a few people jealous.... creams soaps, blades, anything shave related im looking for

BTW i shipped some of this stuff before i knew better lol and got some positive feedback from the people i did

notice its fancy shmancy shatter proof bottle, i thought it was just plastic, but well the proof is on the label

3 748
 08-26-2012, 06:07 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Barbasol Pacific Rush is fairly limited, right? I absolutely love the stuff, nice and chilly and minty.

35 1,732
 08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
The dollar stores here used to keep the barbasol A/S but i dont see it anymore, instead some no name stuff that is a brut rip off something else ripped off i think english leather, and the last one is a shultan original old spice, but its made at the shultan plant so its actual old spice i still dont like it though lol

3 748
 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Aqua Velva noooooooooooooo!

86 7,123
 08-26-2012, 06:58 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I took out 20 bucks one day thought i would try all the cheap stuff i scoffed at bought a bottle of AV Ice Blue, OS (in pic above), Brut, accidently grabbed a lectric shave(Anyone want it ?) Skin Bracer Original, and Old Spice Classice, the Skin bracer and AV OS are the only two i liked.... the AV does a great job if i have a rough shave in getting my skin feeling great in no time too

i got it all for under 20 bucks, even had enough for a Timmies Tea... was dissappointed i couldnt find any clubman, or barbasol.... and english leather i think,... but i had a lot to play with for a while

hahaha someone get Teiste a Donut !

3 748
 08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
User Info
(08-26-2012, 06:03 PM)syngent Wrote: BTW i shipped some of this stuff before i knew better lol and got some positive feedback from the people i did

Soooooo.... Does this mean you can't ship any to the States?

I've been dying to get my hand on this...

1 94
 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
well yer not supposed to ship alcohol, something to do with its lower flash point and fires on planes, but ive done it before and am oweing some PIFs lol with the generousity i have been given lately if you dont shoot me your address ill not mail you your own bottle

3 748
 08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
User Info
Holy velva-man, James! How do you use that stuff! Oh, well, YMMV.

75 20,883
 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Man I wish I had tried the veg so I could make a veg joke here, but I have some on the way, if just for the jokes it will be worth it

3 748
 08-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
OK, this is just not fair! Someone did not ask you for the bottle, and someone will not get it, because someone will not ship it. I really don't want this, I would hate it if someone didn't offer to not ship it to me Tongue

88 4,233
 08-26-2012, 08:12 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Wait, k what, man I'm confuggled up something fierce

Or am I,

no I am

Man a lot of people want donuts

3 748
 08-28-2012, 05:35 PM
User Info
Look at them advertising that plastic bottle like it's a good thing!
Eastern Europe has a whole undiscovered treasure full of shaving products and a lot are surprisingly good.
Barbon and Alpa to name a few. Russia and Asia must also have a lot of hidden gems waiting to be discovered. At least this leaves some for us to discover in the future.

0 50
 08-28-2012, 05:39 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
yeah i used to hate the plastic,... but ive dropped some bottles in the store,... and came to appreciate the shatter proof bottles,.. they have a certain charm once they dont break all over your feet and the old woman next to you holding the garden sheers

3 748
 08-28-2012, 05:41 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
How does it compare to Pacific Rush? Pacific Rush is admittedly the best Aftershave i own and at $1.95 a bottle, it's also the cheapest. Everything else I've tried pales in comparison to the Rush

116 3,804
 08-28-2012, 05:52 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I cant find the rush,... and thats what i set out to find in the first place lol was so mad about it too

3 748
 08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
If I knew we wouldn't get jail time I'd send you some Rush.

116 3,804
 08-28-2012, 06:44 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
i know it was one thing to send the stuff when i didnt know any better,.... but man karma, and that whole nasty law murphy made, now that i know better hot damn im gonna be nervous lol this will be the last time i dont do it

3 748
 08-28-2012, 09:11 PM
User Info
If you have a Dollar General store in your area, you can have all the Pacific Rush you want. Last I saw it was only $1.75 a bottle.

0 18
 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
We don't have dollar general stores here

3 748
 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
This is an interesting thread for me because lately I've been trying to get my hands on European Aftershaves. Williams Aqua Velva, Mennen Green Tonic, Palmolive Power Of Nature, and some others. I love collecting aftershaves and now my attention has turned to obtaining tough to find ones like the one you pointed out. For the next four months my time on the nook, and my shaving hobby in general is on hold while in the police academy but once I'm out it would be so cool if I could work something out with you for a bottle of this.

45 3,955