09-20-2017, 03:04 PM
  • Nero
User Info
Almost 4 years ago, I gave both MdC Original and the Fougere a try. I admit I was rather new to soaps at the time (I had started with many creams before using soaps)... and so I had JUST began experimenting with many soaps (deliveries on nearly a daily basis for what would become a long time) and went from 0 to 20-25 aftershave splashes in a couple weeks.

Pretty much an amateur. But trying everything. Expert at none of them.

... So when I chose to sell my MdC soaps and ALL my aftershaves and MANY/MOST other soaps, I really had no clue what caused my irritations at that time. It was a big irritation. I had rashes across my face and neck, the worst I had had to that point and worse than anything since then, by a large margin.

Well, I finally found it in my heart to fully forgive MdC, and aftershaves for that matter, and I am finding them (both the Original and Fougere, again) to be absolute top tier performers.

The lather is thick, the shave is excellent, and my skin looks clearer than before shaving (and clearer than if I had shaved with another soap).

No irritations whatsoever...in fact, less irritation than what I'm used to with my sensitive crybaby skin.

I experience no dryness, tingling, or tightness, during or after.

Oh yeah, and the scents are both divine, with a firm nod to the Fougere scent, if I had to choose between the two. It is the most leathery scent I've ever owned. It's a scent where beauty meets dirty. I love it. It feels classic. But...at the same time, there's nothing else like it.

Very glad I am so forgiving Smile Wink and found it in my heart to try again haha !

Thanks to Ron (Steelman) and Steve (56) for independently pushing me over the edge, whether you knew it or not.

Now I'm upset I missed their limited edition scents!

99 4,196
 09-20-2017, 03:38 PM
User Info
I have always enjoyed the entire line , the scents are unique and very well done. The soap is very slick , the presentation is also very nice , everything I look for really.

88 1,828
 09-20-2017, 03:39 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
I couldn't agree more Matt. No drying, lathers when you say 'brush', the formula is simple and 'clean', and the fougere scent is sublime. I got 9 months out of a tub using it about 5x per week.

I think people are interpreting clean unconditioned post shave skin as drying, but faces are different so who knows. But there is also is nothing left on your skin to cause problems either. Your razor, brush, and sink will also stay cleaner.

The rose will probably make an appearance for Christmas I would suspect. And you do know that they make matching fougere and rose bath soaps?

Cheers, Steve

9 872
 09-20-2017, 04:41 PM
User Info
You already have the two best IMO Matt.

100 7,140
 09-20-2017, 06:27 PM
User Info
"Where beauty meets dirty", you stole my life's tagline. Wink

31 151
 09-20-2017, 06:41 PM
User Info
I have a brain bowl and two glass jars. Thought I was being smart spreading out the shipping cost with decent size order.

Was going to open the jars after the brain bowl ran out. Lol. 

Those jars are staying sealed for a while... 

I haven't even reached the rim of the bowl yet. It's been almost 18 months of being used 2 - 3 times per week.

11 1,627
 09-20-2017, 08:53 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I've got two MdC jars, Fougere and Rose. On a cost per shave basis, these might be my cheapest soaps (although Nuavia is close). And the quality is unmatched.

19 734
 09-20-2017, 11:34 PM
User Info
Does Nuavia last as long as Mdc? I agree Mdc is very dense but the Nuavia sample I had is not as dense.

2 14
 09-21-2017, 12:36 PM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
MdC is fantastic and lasts forever (surely outlasting Nuavia).
One of the few soaps I would repurchase and I would never want to be without.

54 2,208
 09-21-2017, 12:50 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
 09-21-2017, 12:56 PM
User Info
For me its the purity and lack of chemicals and use of only essential oils that make me love MDC. I contacted Penna Crema when they released the Nuavia line and the informed me they use synthetic fragrance in the recipe. For me that was a deal killer

0 90
 09-21-2017, 01:08 PM
User Info
(09-21-2017, 12:56 PM)fl_guy Wrote: For me its the purity and lack of chemicals and use of only essential oils that make me love MDC. I contacted Penna Crema when they released the Nuavia line and the informed me they use synthetic fragrance in the recipe. For me that was a deal killer

Wow... Pannacrema's ingredient list looks quite good to me. But, if you're on a hunt for something wrong, eventually you'll find it.

36 2,246