08-27-2012, 05:51 AM
User Info
I haven't had the time to really go out looking for a scuttle, but yesterday I finally got sick of my lather going cold on me. So I came up with a cheap, temporary solution I thought I'd pass along.

I lather in a small Corelle berry bowl. It's cheap ($3) and the right size for my brush. I went rooting around in the kitchen and came up with an oversized mug my wife got me as a present years ago. Sure enough, the small bowl nestles right inside the top of the mug.

I used it this morning and was really pleased with the results. I'll still eventually find a scuttle I really like and retire what I'm using now, but in a pinch it works nicely. Might be a good way for guys who are new to wet shaving to get the benefits while they weigh whether to make another purchase.

0 98
 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
We need pictures!! Smile

0 539
 08-27-2012, 11:39 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
When you have time checkout one and two piece scuttles. They are all over the place. What I do when I use a shave bowl is fill it with water and nuke it for a minute or two. Leave the hot water in it for a while until the bowl gets nice and hot and dump it and start to make my lather. Not as good as a scuttle but is second best.

100 12,450
 08-28-2012, 06:02 AM
User Info
As I said, this is a temporary solution. But it's buying me time to make a good decision. Any suggestions, Jerry?

Photos. Of course.

0 98
 08-28-2012, 06:14 AM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
I like it, very ingenious, well done.

0 539
 08-28-2012, 06:52 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(08-28-2012, 06:02 AM)Observereport Wrote: As I said, this is a temporary solution. But it's buying me time to make a good decision. Any suggestions, Jerry?

Photos. Of course.

Check out dirtybirdpottery, Etsy and I saw a nice two piece scuttle on eBay with a handle which is unusual.

100 12,450