09-24-2017, 04:45 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
So, I have several of their aftershaves but I know they have some interesting looking pre shaves and other stuff.  Anyone using them?  What am I missing?

8 224
 09-24-2017, 05:08 AM
User Info
They are a mixed bag for me.

I have Coldbeck and Tauk Sauk, the Colbeck was a repeat order and the Taum Sauk was a pleasant surprise.  Both have menthol and are designed for summer.  At one point I had Blossom Bay and his Fougere but found both to be too dense and cloying.  The scents were not pleasant to my nose.

He just came out with two vetiver based scents but he stopped selling samples and increased his prices.  At this point I am not interested in blind buying from them so it might be sometime before they reappear in my den.

0 237
 09-24-2017, 05:41 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Did you ever use his salves?

8 224
 09-24-2017, 09:30 AM
User Info
(09-24-2017, 05:41 AM)NJDJ Wrote: Did you ever use his salves?
I have and love them. I used them either in the winter or when I hack up my face. They're exceptionally well formulated as a repairing, healing balm. I wouldn't / don't need to used them every day and I only use them before bed. I feel like I give them a greater opportunity to work their magic over night. All this being the case, I only keep unscented in my den. No need to spice things up with a scent before bed IMO.

$. 02

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 124
 09-24-2017, 10:09 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've mostly used Shawn's aftershaves, but recently picked up one of his post-shave salves, and have enjoyed using it. It took a little work to get it absorbed into my skin, but it leaves my skin feeling very soft throughout the day.

38 5,113
 10-18-2017, 03:23 PM
User Info
I've tried three of their aftershave balms and splashes, and found all of them to be way over the top. If you're into powerful, in-your-face scents, with the notes cranked all the way up, then this is a good product for you. If that's not your bag, I wouldn't spend any time with them. I also found the balm to leave my face sticky and shiny, but YMMV depending on your skin type.

1 45