09-24-2017, 12:44 PM
  • ThreeBs
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
User Info
Hey guys !

Here's the Final brush sale that goes with my software sale. 
I'll recap quickly what I said on the other thread :

I've been out of the hobby for a while now and I've just decided to let go of pretty much everything I have.
Good news for you !

All of these brushes here are the ones I was holding on to, even if I wasn't using them. They're the ones I love the most and they're all fantastic in their own way.

I'm up in Canada, so I'll se the price for shipping at 7$ and I'll be paying the difference.

Also, I expect to be swarmed with PMs, so please be patient I'll try my best to answer to everybody as fast as I can !

First come, first serve !

Morris & Forndarn *************SOLD*************
- 3XL (Heritage) : 275$ 

Absolutely wonderful brush. One of the finest knots I've felt. The heritage tips are ridiculously soft, like a warm cloud going across your face. Perfect balance between backbone and softness. I never thought I'd be selling this brush, yet here I am. I guess she deserves someone who's gonna give her more love then I do. I bought it from a user here (can't remember the name) in beginning of 2015. This brush is a real treat. I will ship this brush with an unsued ''sandalwood'' soap from M&F.

Rooney **********SOLD*********
- 2XL (heritage) : 250$

One of the older Rooneys. Gorgeous jade handle. Another beautiful knot with a great backbone/softness ratio. These have always been hard to get your hands on. I was pumped when I finally bought one. And boy did it feel good on the face ! But it's just not getting used at all. I'd rather let someone enjoy this little gem instead of having it sit in it's box for longer.

Simpsons ********** BOTH SOLD*********
- 2013 TSN P8 LE 47/200 (Best) : 80$

Great little brush ! I actually prefer the ''Best'' grade of Simpsons badger hair to their ''Silvertip''. It's quite soft and has plenty of good, useful backbone. Not to mention the unique handle this brush has ! A Beauty !

- CH 2 (Silvertip 2 Band) : 300$

This one hurts a little. I absolutely LOVE this brush. There is nothing quite like a good Chubby 2 sporting a great 2 band knot. Amazing face feel with a beautiful bulb shaped knot. Someone told me a couple years back that facelathering with a good CH2 in two band was like getting slapped in the face by a cloud. I do agree with that feeling! Amazing backbone, but all you can feel is pillowy soft tips. I bought it here from a great Nooker called Agravic (on this thread http://shavenook.com/thread-fs-simpson-c...d-like-new) in the beginning of 2015. He repotedly bought it new late 2014, used it 5 times then I bought it, used it 4 times, and then I stored it in it's box. 

Ever Ready : 150 Envy White : 85$

Bought this brush freshly reknoted from Nathan Clark back in 2015. A great brush with a great vintage feel ! Only used 4 or 5 times.

Semogue **************SOLD**************
- 2013 LE (Silvertip) : 80$

Great LE from Semogue here. Suuuuper soft with gorgeous looking handle. 

How to grow a mustache/Zenshave #3 ************SOLD***********
- Canadian limited edition + soap : 120$

This one is very rare. HTGAM partnered with Zenshave to do a quick run of these Canadian LE brush+soap combo back in the day. Used the soap once and the brush several times. Beautiful face feel from that two band and a truly stunning handle from Zenshave.

Mongoose
- B2 in chrome : 100$  75$ 

Used 2-3 times only. Spent all it's life stored away in a box ! Comes with the bulldog handle and the original packaging!

[Image: rwT5Wdu.jpg]
[Image: i7wQ87f.jpg]
[Image: DYJd9eQ.jpg]
[Image: oyC9lFi.jpg]
[Image: Hek6YB5.jpg]

[Image: 6nlysWT.jpg]
[Image: HUpNfUO.jpg]
[Image: FszALYB.jpg]

[Image: jBLpawO.jpg]

[Image: wNRpAHn.jpg]

[Image: VYnO4KK.jpg]

[Image: PPYpU2N.jpg]

[Image: gOBgSCr.jpg]

[Image: jY4bAjB.jpg]

[Image: InHIxx8.jpg]

[Image: LwyLTyA.jpg]

[Image: SU2dmRU.jpg]

[Image: ulDgZKF.jpg]

[Image: Kz25Mjg.jpg]

[Image: czd9AEy.jpg]

Thanks a lot guys !

25 147
 09-24-2017, 03:26 PM
User Info
Hello, I'll take the Chubby 2 Silver-tip if still available and IF it comes in its original box.

1 61
 09-24-2017, 04:39 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
That Semogue looks like it is new, and the Phyl was a great Simpson, sort of like a Duke 3. Man, you have some nice brushes there, all of them. I also noticed that MDC in your software thread. How can you resist getting back into wet shaving?

19 1,112
 09-24-2017, 07:55 PM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
Both Simpsons and The Rooney 2XL are gone!

25 147
 09-24-2017, 08:01 PM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
(09-24-2017, 04:39 PM)Puma Wrote: That Semogue looks like it is new, and the Phyl was a great Simpson, sort of like a Duke 3. Man, you have some nice brushes there, all of them. I also noticed that MDC in your software thread. How can you resist getting back into wet shaving?

I don't really know actually ! It's been a great hobby, but I guess I've moved on. I really enjoyed the hunt for rare gear on here and I was pretty proud of my stash ! But as good as my brushes and my soaps were, they really didn't see much use in the last 2 years, which is a shame ! So I'd rather know that someone else is actually putting all these great products to good use instead of having them sit on my shelves ! But who knows ! Maybe I'll come back to it at some point. I still got 2-3 brushes and a couple soaps that I decided to keep Smile !

25 147
 09-25-2017, 12:54 PM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
M&F, Ever Ready and Mongoose are still available !

Everything else is gone. Thanks to the buyers !

25 147
 09-28-2017, 04:46 AM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
Price drop on the Mongoose ! 100$ --> 75$

25 147
 09-28-2017, 05:29 AM
  • Pyro
User Info
Just curious, but would you mind sharing which brushes and soaps you are keeping? By your offerings, I'm guessing they have to be really top tier.

7 49
 09-28-2017, 09:54 AM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
(09-25-2017, 12:54 PM)ThreeBs Wrote: M&F, Ever Ready and Mongoose are still available !

Doesn't it say that the M&F is sold up at the top where its price is?

19 1,112
 09-28-2017, 12:43 PM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
(09-28-2017, 09:54 AM)Puma Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:54 PM)ThreeBs Wrote: M&F, Ever Ready and Mongoose are still available !

Doesn't it say that the M&F is sold up at the top where its price is.

Yes, I said this yesterday and it got sold in the meantime. I just didn't want to update the same post twice in the same day.

Now the Mongoose is also gone, so I'll be updating that.

Only thing left now is the Ever Ready, which I'm thinking about keeping just because it looks great and has a pretty decent knot. Also, it's a great ''old time-y'' show piece Smile

25 147
 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM
  • ThreeBs
User Info
(09-28-2017, 05:29 AM)Pyro Wrote: Just curious, but would you mind sharing which brushes and soaps you are keeping? By your offerings, I'm guessing they have to be really top tier.

Not that much actually ! You'd be surprised to know what I decided to keep !

I believe in the law of diminishing return, and so I only kept things that we're right in the sweet spot for me. Not too expensive and doing a fantastic job. Some of the brushes I sold on this thread were absolutely amazing and were more then I could ever ask for in a brush. But because of their rarity and how much they cost me, I kinda felt bad not using them ! First because I'm not getting any return out of my investments and second because I know these are amazing pieces of gear that deserve to be used and cared for. What I kept were products/gear I was 100% convinced I could use any day, that we're perfectly suited for my taste/face while not feeling bad if they were to sit on my shelves for some time.

Here's what I kept :

Brushes :

-- Romera Manchurian (28mm) in a gorgeous buffalo horn handle from 2-3 years ago.
There's just something about this brush thats really special to me. The face feel of this knot is just ridiculous, and the handle is truly stunning. Plus, if I remember correctly it only cost me about 150$ back in the day, and it stood up there with that M&F and the CH2 two band ! That's incredible value for money ! A true, quality brush.

-- Simpsons Colonel X2L
It was my very first ''good brush'' I bought when I was really starting to get into the hobby. I was freakin out about spending that amount of money on a brush ! How funny is that =P ! Got it used for about 50$ and it was the brush that started it all. It opened the gate to a whole world of B.A.D ! So this one is more of a sentimental brush then anything, but I just couldn't sell it. And even though it might not be the most luxurious thing you've ever felt, it's a great little workhorse of a brush !

Razor :

RazoRock BBS
-- Great little razor on the milder side of things that gives me great shaves every time.

Edwin Jagger DE89 in Barley
-- Same reason.

As far as Software goes, I only kept what's working for me 100% of the time on all fronts (Scent, protection, face feel, post shave, etc...)

For lather :
- MDC Fougère (I had two jars ;P !) 
- Old AOS Sandalwood shaving cream (Can't get enough of the scent !)
- One CRSW soap
- Speick shaving cream
- Tabac (Only exception here. Not a fan of the scent, but it works wonders for my skin!)
- Dr Harris Almond soap in a mahogony bowl

Post shave : 
Fine Platinum (goes with my main cologne, Creed Aventus)
Myrsol Agua Balsamica 

There you go ! That's everything I kept Smile

25 147