09-25-2017, 05:37 AM
User Info
Well, folks, I'm two shaves in with the new-to-me Shovelhead, and I have to say that this is the most aggressive SE razor I've ever used.  First-pass clearance is amazing!  I have to use it with a very light touch, though.  

My favorite SE is the MMOC, which everybody says is aggressive, but the Shovelhead makes my MMOC look/feel like a Tech.  With the Shovelhead, there isn't that much blade feel, but it's very loud and it is cutting very, very close.  I'm not sure I could use this one every day (I have no trouble using the MMOC on a daily basis).  

Anybody else feel this way about the aggressive nature of the Shovelhead, or did I get a razor that is an anomaly?

2 1,461
 09-25-2017, 05:53 AM
User Info
If there's not as much blade feel maybe you are perceiving simply efficiency rather than aggressiveness. I couldn't tell one from the other in either category, I love them both, my top two SEs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 218
 10-02-2017, 08:36 AM
User Info
Tried the Shovelhead again this morning on the left side of my face; Clog Pruf on the right.  Uncharacteristically, I had two-days' growth to shave off (drove all day yesterday).  

Just as before, the Shovelhead was a monster!  Most aggressive razor I've ever tried, period.  Smoothly cut two-days' growth down to almost DFS in ONE PASS!  Much more efficient than the Clog Pruf.  

Second pass was also easy and after the shave the Shovelhead was the clear winner.  

I don't know why more guys don't talk about this little beast.   Right now it is number two on my chart with a bullet!  It may overtake the MMOC as my favorite razor.  I just need to use it every day for a while and make sure that irritation doesn't develop.  I might even be able to get away with one pass on the cheeks, two on the neck with this razor.

2 1,461