Alumigoose v1
King Cobra
Mongoose v2
ATT SE1 stainless steel

80 469
 09-30-2017, 09:57 AM
User Info
(09-29-2017, 04:22 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 12:03 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: General (Aluminum)w AC Pro Super blades)
Asylum Rx
Cobra Classic
ATT SE-1
El Jefe
Alumigoose 1
Alumigoose 2

Those are the ones I have tried, in my order of preference.  Out of all those, The General is the only one I kept.
I am looking forward to buying the SS General, and I will likely also buy the "new & improved" El Jefe when it's ready.

Thanks for being willing to part with your Asylum RX!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Scott.  It really is an excellent razor, but the blade stops are unnecessary to it's function, 
and they diminish the cutting surface of the blade by 7mm (50mm blade ~ 43mm cutting surface).  
That razor could only be improved by eliminating those blade stops on future production runs.  
I mentioned this once to Phil in an email, but nothing came of it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice this.

ntly

14 230
 10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
User Info
General and the Kai A/C ..

23 297
 10-01-2017, 05:35 PM
User Info
For me 1 Cobra Classic and Rx tie for first
2 King Cobra
3 Mongoose 2 SS
4 ATT SE1 SS
5 razorock Hawk SS
6 Alumigoose
7 Hawk V1 Aluminum
8 ATT aluminum SE1
I have not had a General ( always sold out). If you include gem style then Sabre is number 1 and Micromatic OC slides in at 3. The other micromatics are at the bottom of the list and the 1912 series is somewhere in the middle.

0 46
 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM
User Info
Asylum RX (own)

Ikon El Jefe (own)

Brass General (own)

RazoRock SS DLC (own)

Classic Cobra (pass around)

All great razors that give excellent shaves. But, the RX is top dog in my den....

1 162
 10-09-2017, 05:44 PM
User Info
I like them all, but would probably say:

Brass General
Asylum RX
ATT SE2
ATT SE1

RX with ProGuard, the rest with a ProLine.

0 10
 10-10-2017, 11:32 AM
User Info
Mongoose
ATT SE1
Rocknel SE50

0 8
 10-11-2017, 05:17 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
There is absolutely no pattern in this thread.  No one razor seems the most or least favorite.  The Asylum Rx is generally at the top of people's list... that's really the only constant... otherwise just randomness.

62 3,011
 10-15-2017, 09:58 PM
User Info
I've only got the General aluminium head with iKon Bulldog handle no other different model SE brand, I also have the SS General razor and the SS Colonial handle too on is way to Australia. The SE blades I've used are the Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink), Feather Artist Club Professional and the Schick Proline P-30, I'm looking forward to try the Feather Artist Club Professional Super soon.

0 232
 10-27-2017, 04:27 PM
User Info
My choice in order:

ATT SE1
Brass General
AlumiGoose (first run)

5 1,562
 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
I have the ATt SE1 and love it.  

I tried the Rx and found it way too aggressive for me.  It cut up my face bad and caused a good bit of razor burn.  All of the barbers who have given me straight razor shaves have said I have very delicate skin so I am not surprised.  It is really too bad, that is a beautiful razor.

0 173
 10-28-2017, 02:05 AM
User Info
The ATT SE1 and SE2 are simply the best AC razors. Use the SE1 for daily shaving. Use the SE2 for daily shaving if you're man enough!

The El Jefe and Mr SE are not far behind.

Then comes the General.

I only use the Schick Proline blade...

I've tried the Asylum RX, Classic Cobra, and V1 aluminum Hawk.

0 82
 10-28-2017, 02:08 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 02:05 AM)rabidus Wrote: The ATT SE1 and SE2 are simply the best AC razors. Use the SE1 for daily shaving. Use the SE2 for daily shaving if you're man enough!

Then comes the General.

How would the El-Jefe compare to the ATT SE2? I find the El-Jefe the smoothest SE I have and as efficient as I would like.

0 315
 10-28-2017, 03:49 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 02:08 AM)kyproset Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 02:05 AM)rabidus Wrote: The ATT SE1 and SE2 are simply the best AC razors. Use the SE1 for daily shaving. Use the SE2 for daily shaving if you're man enough!

Then comes the General.

How would the El-Jefe compare to the ATT SE2? I find the El-Jefe the smoothest SE I have and as efficient as I would like.

Let me start by saying that the EL Jefe is an outstanding razor!

The ATT SE head alone weighs about 20 grams more than the El Jefe head. The ATT SE paired with the 3" ATT Atlas handle is perfectly balanced.

I don't have a problem with the El Jefe with a 3" SS handle, but going from one to the other, my hand keeps reaching for the ATT SE.

Efficiency wise, the ATT SE1 and El Jefe are on par with each other. The El Jefe was the only AC razor I had for months and I highly praised it yet my hand keeps reaching for the ATT SE.

I didn't have an issue with loading a blade in the El Jefe, but loading a blade in the ATT SE is simpler.

Looks... ATT SE wins in that department.

On to the SE2 efficiency... Take all the things I like about the SE1, Smooth, balanced, dead sexy, simple blade loading and add a little more focus to your technique and you have the most efficient razor ever made while maintaining a level of safety.

With the SE1 and El Jefe, I get a BBS shave where I don't start to feel stubble until about 12 hours later. Of course I have to put in the work to get that result. With the SE2, it takes a little less effort and I'm not sure when my stubble broke skin, I last checked at about 16 hours and was still BBS. I can probably shave every 48 hours with the SE2 and "look" like I shave everyday.

I didn't have a problem wielding the Asylum RX, I just wouldn't classify it as a "safety razor!" The safety bar was there for show.

The SE2 is at the very edge of the Safety razor realm, the RX crossed that line.

When I had the General and El Jefe at the same time, my hand reached for the El Jefe more. Out the box, I don't want to stop using the SE1 and SE2. The RX and Classic Cobra did not do that for me, I only had the El Jefe at the time I tried them and missed using it.

So...it's a combination of things that makes the ATT SE1 and SE2 stand out as the best razors for me. Not to mention using them with the Schick Proline, the best AC blade known to man!

Everyone has their favorites but you're really missing out if you don't try the SE1 and SE2. If you don't like them, you can send them back within 30 days for a full refund.

I had the ATT M1, R1, and H1 a couple of years ago and I found other DE razors to be better shavers for me and sold them. I never jumped on the slant bandwagon. And I was hesitant about shelling out the cash for the SE1 and SE2, but I'm glad I did.

0 82
 10-28-2017, 06:19 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 03:49 AM)rabidus Wrote:

Then comes the General.

The ATT SE head alone weighs about 20 grams more than the El Jefe head. The ATT SE paired with the 3" ATT Atlas handle is perfectly balanced.

I don't have a problem with the El Jefe with a 3" SS handle, but going from one to the other, my hand keeps reaching for the ATT SE.

Efficiency wise, the ATT SE1 and El Jefe are on par with each other. The El Jefe was the only AC razor I had for months and I highly praised it yet my hand keeps reaching for the ATT SE.

I didn't have an issue with loading a blade in the El Jefe, but loading a blade in the ATT SE is simpler.

On to the SE2 efficiency... Take all the things I like about the SE1, Smooth, balanced, dead sexy, simple blade loading and add a little more focus to your technique and you have the most efficient razor ever made while maintaining a level of safety.

With the SE1 and El Jefe, I get a BBS shave where I don't start to feel stubble until about 12 hours later. Of course I have to put in the work to get that result. With the SE2, it takes a little less effort and I'm not sure when my stubble broke skin, I last checked at about 16 hours and was still BBS. I can probably shave every 48 hours with the SE2 and "look" like I shave everyday.

I didn't have a problem wielding the Asylum RX, I just wouldn't classify it as a "safety razor!" The safety bar was there for show.

The SE2 is at the very edge of the Safety razor realm, the RX crossed that line.

When I had the General and El Jefe at the same time, my hand reached for the El Jefe more. Out the box, I don't want to stop using the SE1 and SE2. The RX and Classic Cobra did not do that for me, I only had the El Jefe at the time I tried them and missed using it.

So...it's a combination of things that makes the ATT SE1 and SE2 stand out as the best razors for me. Not to mention using them with the Schick Proline, the best AC blade known to man!

Everyone has their favorites but you're really missing out if you don't try the SE1 and SE2. If you don't like them, you can send them back within 30 days for a full refund.

I had the ATT M1, R1, and H1 a couple of years ago and I found other DE razors to be better shavers for me and sold them. I never jumped on the slant bandwagon. And I was hesitant about shelling out the cash for the SE1 and SE2, but I'm glad I did.

As always a thorough and honest review Rabidus and agree 100% on Proline blades.

0 135
 10-28-2017, 07:24 AM
User Info
No love for the Hawk V2?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

3 1,136
 10-28-2017, 07:46 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 03:49 AM)rabidus Wrote:

Then comes the General.

Now you got me curious. My prime determinant in buying a razor, be it SE or DE is smoothness coupled with the right efficiency.
By efficiency I mean drawing ther razoe down the face without pressure and getting a clean cut, no hair left untouched no tugging and no fear of cutting myself.
So far, in the DE department it's the R6, which being smooth but not as efficient as I would like @6 plate. The El-Jefe on a proline is perfection. I think I should get me the ATT SE 1 or 2. Buying both and returning the one I don't like, is not an option as there are taxes involved, so I have to be clear on which one to get. Thank you for your answer, I remain in debt to you.

0 315
 10-28-2017, 08:42 AM
User Info
I remain doubtful that someone can recommend the perfect razor _for you_. That said, while I prefer very aggressive razors like the asylum RX, I get a lot of use from the ATT SE1. It’s butter smooth and a pleasure to shave with. The SE2 shaves closer, but I didn’t find it as smooth due to its open-comb design.

29 1,207
 10-28-2017, 10:04 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 07:46 AM)kyproset Wrote: Now you got me curious. My prime determinant in buying a razor, be it SE or DE is smoothness coupled with the right efficiency.
By efficiency I mean drawing ther razoe down the face without pressure and getting a clean cut, no hair left untouched no tugging and no fear of cutting myself.
So far, in the DE department it's the R6, which being smooth but not as efficient as I would like @6 plate. The El-Jefe on a proline is perfection. I think I should get me the ATT SE 1 or 2. Buying both and returning the one I don't like, is not an option as there are taxes involved, so I have to be clear on which one to get. Thank you for your answer, I remain in debt to you.

To put it simply, the El Jefe and the SE1 will get me the same BBS results with the same effort and I can use them everyday. It usually takes about 12 hours before I start to feel stubble break skin from either. The SE2 will get me there with a few less strokes, and it takes 16+ hours for stubble to break skin. Not sure exactly how long it lasts, 16 hours was the last time I checked. Stubble I can feel ATG still can't be seen. Do I need my BBS results to last longer than 12 hours? Absolutely not, I shave everyday, it looks like I never grow hair on my face.

I look at the SE1 and SE2 as 1 razor. There's one handle and one cap and 2 baseplates. It's an excellent deal...

0 82