09-28-2017, 09:23 PM
User Info
So I've got the Guerrilla in the SB and it's not as efficient as I normally like in a razor. I've got mine up for sale and I'm thinking of picking up a OC version as I liked the razor as far as the way it felt in hand.  So how would it compare to some of my favorite more efficient razors in my den. Timeless .68 OC and .95 OC, Charcoal Level 2 and 3 OC, British Aristocrat OC, El Jefe, R41 and Ever Ready Streamline and Gem MMOC? If it comes close to any of these razors with the exception of the .68 Timeless which is the least efficient of the group of razors I listed then I'll pull the trigger on the OC Guerrilla. 

I'd really appreciate your input on this. 

Thanks!

0 110
 09-30-2017, 04:22 AM
User Info
I’d like to know this as well. Been keeping my eye out for reviews of Guerilla OC to see if it’s any more efficient than the SB, but haven’t come across any.

0 3
 09-30-2017, 06:03 AM
User Info
I find the SB Guerrilla to be efficient, but too smooth, if you know what I mean. There is little or no blade feel or aggressiveness. I've got the WR1 in OC standard gap, and in .86, and I decided to forego the G in OC. The .74 DC, and the .86 OC are great AFAIC, the .61 is way better than the Guerrilla. Speaking about feel, not efficiency. In that regard the G is quite good, but I like to know I'm shaving and the G doesn't do it for me. YMMV.

7 235
 09-30-2017, 08:15 AM
User Info
(09-30-2017, 06:03 AM)JimmyH Wrote: I find the SB Guerrilla to be efficient, but too smooth, if you know what I mean. There is little or no blade feel or aggressiveness. I've got the WR1 in OC standard gap, and in .86, and I decided to forego the G in OC. The .74 DC, and the .86 OC are great AFAIC, the .61 is way better than the Guerrilla. Speaking about feel, not efficiency. In that regard the G is quite good, but I like to know I'm shaving and the G doesn't do it for me. YMMV.

Thanks for your input but I've not been lucky enough to land a Wolfman even though I've been on the list for over a year and a half so it's hard for me to relate to the comparisons.  Is there a magic code or something to get a Wolfman WR1?

What I'm hoping is the G OC version s at least as aggressive or I like the term efficient as my Aristocrat OC, Gem MMOC or EverReady Streamline. I would not expect the Guerrilla  to be in the same league  as my Charcoal level 3  or Timeless 95 OC for example.  There has to be someone who owns one that has some of the other razors I listed to compare to. Don't want to blind buy when there are other new razors and baseplates coming out or coming out soon. 

Thank you!  Thumbsup

0 110
 09-30-2017, 08:16 AM
User Info
(09-30-2017, 04:22 AM)Lumpy Wrote: I’d like to know this as well.  Been keeping my eye out for reviews of Guerilla OC to see if it’s any more efficient than the SB, but haven’t come across any.

Yeah I'm with you on that!

0 110
 09-30-2017, 11:40 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
I've had 5 shaves with mine so far.  So here's the best I can offer.  It's milder than a Gillette New long comb, but not by much.  It's very similar to ATT M-open comb in terms of aggressiveness.  I don't get a lot of audible feedback which is okay.  With the Guerilla OC I find a shallow angle works best, and with a shallow angle there's not going to be a lot of feedback.  At least that's how it works for me.  I prefer mid-aggressive to aggressive razors but this one does fine.  I'd say it's just above the mild side (EJ or R89 being mild).  I haven't decided if it's a keeper yet, but I am getting bbs from my normal 3 passes plus touch up.

45 618
 10-01-2017, 08:57 AM
User Info
(09-30-2017, 11:40 AM)ddk13 Wrote: I've had 5 shaves with mine so far.  So here's the best I can offer.  It's milder than a Gillette New long comb, but not by much.  It's very similar to ATT M-open comb in terms of aggressiveness.  I don't get a lot of audible feedback which is okay.  With the Guerilla OC I find a shallow angle works best, and with a shallow angle there's not going to be a lot of feedback.  At least that's how it works for me.  I prefer mid-aggressive to aggressive razors but this one does fine.  I'd say it's just above the mild side (EJ or R89 being mild).  I haven't decided if it's a keeper yet, but I am getting bbs from my normal 3 passes plus touch up.

Thanks for the explanation of your experience with the Guerrilla OC. Ok I can relate to the comparison to the NEW long comb. So it appears it's not much more efficient than the SB version and I was hoping for more efficiency. Now if it were close to a New Deluxe I'd be all over it in a NY minute. 

Maybe I'll get more input from members who own some of the razors I mentioned in my OP 

So thank you!   Thumbsup

0 110
 10-01-2017, 09:03 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
(10-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 11:40 AM)ddk13 Wrote: I've had 5 shaves with mine so far.  So here's the best I can offer.  It's milder than a Gillette New long comb, but not by much.  It's very similar to ATT M-open comb in terms of aggressiveness.  I don't get a lot of audible feedback which is okay.  With the Guerilla OC I find a shallow angle works best, and with a shallow angle there's not going to be a lot of feedback.  At least that's how it works for me.  I prefer mid-aggressive to aggressive razors but this one does fine.  I'd say it's just above the mild side (EJ or R89 being mild).  I haven't decided if it's a keeper yet, but I am getting bbs from my normal 3 passes plus touch up.

Thanks for the explanation of your experience with the Guerrilla OC. Ok I can relate to the comparison to the NEW long comb. So it appears it's not much more efficient than the SB version and I was hoping for more efficiency. Now if it were close to a New Deluxe I'd be all over it in a NY minute. 

Maybe I'll get more input from members who own some of the razors I mentioned in my OP 

So thank you!   Thumbsup

I took another look at the razors you mentioned.  I find a similarity with the Streamline with both being efficient and comfortable.  It's in between the .68 and .95 Timeless.  And it's definitely less aggressive than the El Jefe.  The .68 Timeless was way too mild for me.  I put the .68 in the paint scraper category as I had to do so many passes and touch ups just to get dfs that my face would wind up red and irritated.

45 618
 10-01-2017, 03:17 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 09:03 AM)ddk13 Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 08:57 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote:

So thank you!   Thumbsup

I took another look at the razors you mentioned.  I find a similarity with the Streamline with both being efficient and comfortable.  It's in between the .68 and .95 Timeless.  And it's definitely less aggressive than the El Jefe.  The .68 Timeless was way too mild for me.  I put the .68 in the paint scraper category as I had to do so many passes and touch ups just to get dfs that my face would wind up red and irritated.
Thank you! This was the kind of comparison I was looking for. So it's in between a Timeless .68 and 95. and very close to a Streamline which I like. So I may like the OC better than the SB version I have for up for sale as that one is just not as efficient as I like a razor to be. 
Thanks again!

0 110