09-29-2017, 08:07 AM
User Info
Hello

i have been struggling with my wolfman g. and since i going out to night i decided to use my rockwell on R5 with a nacet blade, after 3 passes i ended up with a bbs shave no burn. the same if i uses a gillette slim adjust on 9 or muhle r41.
But the wolfman g. give nothing but burn, can it be its to mild and i going over the same place too many time and irritate my skin that way.

any of you with sensitive skin there know anything about this. ????

0 43
 09-29-2017, 08:25 AM
User Info
This is really common and you'll get a few different responses. My opinion is that highly efficient razors are best for sensitive skin as we want to minimize the time spent with the blade on the face. If you can get closer with a single stroke of an aggressive razor than you would with in three passes with a mild razor then you'll likely have less irritation. Now, if you take a single stroke with that mild razor, you have even less risk of irritation, but the shave won't be as close.

0 810
 09-29-2017, 10:26 AM
User Info
I have sensitive skin and a coarse beard. A mild razor (Tech, Fatboy on 3) with a sharp blade (Feather) and three passes work best for me.

0 1,208
 09-29-2017, 10:48 AM
User Info
A light hand is key , I have extremely sensitive skin and a tough coarse beard. I have always used the sharpest blades and prefer aggressive razors.

88 1,828
 09-29-2017, 11:05 AM
  • chazt
  • Super Moderator
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I'm generally in agreement with Corey o this however my preference is for mid-aggressive razors such as Red Tips and the Asylum Evolution.

19 5,467
 09-29-2017, 01:27 PM
User Info
There's some good advice here. I find two passes with an efficient razor preferable to 3 or more passes with a less efficient razor. It takes me paying close attention to the direction of my beard growth to get the same level of closeness by taking only 2 passes, but there's no irritation in this method for me. Good luck! I know you'll find what works for you. Smile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

8 101
 09-30-2017, 03:19 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Now I  have anything but sensitive skin but I  have a comment concerning why I prefer less than wildly aggressive razors. No matter how aggressive the razor is, after two passes I  still need a third. There is a lot less left for that last pass but it's still needed. Now milder razors are much more comfortable and much less likely to cause any weepers so why would I ever want a highly aggressive razor ?

9 2,901
 09-30-2017, 04:54 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I have sensitive skin and I like razors where I can feel the blade. I find that they provide better feedback so I'm able to the angle and pressure more consistent. Your trouble with the Wolfman might have to do with the rigid blade. Rigid blades are smoother but they are less forgiving, in my opinion. I have to keep a really light touch with my Wolfman or I get irritation.

3 742
 10-08-2017, 01:32 AM
User Info
I find for myself that using an aggressive razor with a good technique and a good blade, will give me a better, closer, irritation free BBS. Mild razors I find that I have to go over spots more times which in effect creates irritation. There is nothing like the feeling drawing down your face an aggressive razor with no pressure and while not feeling anything, where it passes it leaves a clean path.  For me the less times I have to pass a razor over a spot to get a clean shave the better. I don't like however the feel of the blade on the face. YMMV.

0 448
 10-08-2017, 04:05 AM
  • David
  • Toronto
User Info
Change the blade often.  When I've having sensitive skin problems, I change every shave.

Don't try to get a perfect shave.  

And, if I'm still having problems, I switch to my Feather for a while.  Never have irritation problems when I use it.

Use "Pro Victis" where you need it after the shave.  It means The Peacemaker.  It works extremely well.

1 715
 10-08-2017, 04:14 AM
User Info
i have just have a best shave ever friday. rockwell 6s on R6 with a gillette nacet blade. absolute no irritation. i tried to stretch my skin more. seams to work. i only only uses the blade one time because i shave the head to..
tried the same set up today but on R4 but this time i ended up with some irritation. guess i need more aggressive razor to get a great shave.

0 43