10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
  • Pyro
User Info
Would really love to try Aventus and GIT, and found some good prices, but worried about getting knock offs. Anyone purchased from reputable dealers there and convinced what they have is the true product?

Also, are the batches that different? 17T01 seems to be one that comes up frequently.

I have RR Emporer and really enjoy it. I believe it's supposed to be "a take" on Aventus.
Would love to own a full bottle of each, but trying to find the best deal I can from the most trustworthy source.

Thanks guys.

5 37
 10-01-2017, 01:19 PM
User Info
I avoid ebay, when it comes to fragrances.

Only if I simply can't buy it elsewhere will I use ebay.
I have bought some of my less well known Arabic ouds on ebay, but only because it was my only option.

Will never ever consider buying Creed on ebay, not even samples.

Buy samples from reputable stores.

24 6,019
 10-01-2017, 01:22 PM
User Info
I would try Lucky Scent, validated distributor and you can get samples.

20 1,375
 10-01-2017, 01:51 PM
  • Pyro
User Info
Thank you gentlemen. That was my initial thought as well. Lucky Scent it is!

But again, they don't have a batch # listed for their Aventus or sample therof, is it really that inconsistent? Or will the sample give me a general idea of what to expect for the other batches?

5 37
 10-01-2017, 02:46 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 01:51 PM)Pyro Wrote: Thank you gentlemen. That was my initial thought as well. Lucky Scent it is!

But again, they don't have a batch # listed for their Aventus or sample therof, is it really that inconsistent? Or will the sample give me a general idea of what to expect for the other batches?

Creed is IMO one of the most respected perfumers out there.  I would not concern myself too much with batch codes.  Their quality is very consistent.

20 1,375
 10-01-2017, 03:59 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 02:46 PM)Nevada Red Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 01:51 PM)Pyro Wrote: Thank you gentlemen. That was my initial thought as well. Lucky Scent it is!

Creed is IMO one of the most respected perfumers out there.  I would not concern myself too much with batch codes.  Their quality is very consistent.

I have to disagree.

I have owned 4 different batches of Creed Aventus and 2 were from the smokey batches and 2 were from the more fresh pine apple batches. All 4 were great, but quite a bit different.

Creed makes nice fresh easy to wear niche fragrances, crowd pleasers.
But their batch consistency is quite incosistent in my view.

I love my 14 Creed's, don't get me wrong - they make wonderful fragrances, but a bit inconsistent batches with too many variations.

24 6,019
 10-01-2017, 04:41 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 03:59 PM)CHSeifert Wrote:

I have to disagree.

I have owned 4 different batches of Creed Aventus and 2 were from the smokey batches and 2 were from the more fresh pine apple batches. All 4 were great, but quite a bit different.

I love my 14 Creed's, don't get me wrong - they make wonderful fragrances, but a bit inconsistent batches with too many variations.
A tip of the hat, I have just a few bottles to validate my experience.  I have not spent a years salary on fragrances..  Wink

20 1,375
 10-01-2017, 05:16 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 02:46 PM)Nevada Red Wrote:

Batch variations are the most common in Creed than in any other house. Aventus has itself gone through many many batch changes. Some are heavy on pineapple vibe and some are heavy on the smoky vibe.

2015 and previous batches are the ones that were most liked in Aventus. Infact, a few batches of 2016 were also liked by people.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 850
 10-01-2017, 05:34 PM
User Info

I have to disagree.

And I have to disagree with your disagreement. I have owned dozens of bottles of Creed, many different years of the same scent, with years of production anywhere from 2008 to the present. With the exception of my 2010 Aventus being smokier than subsequent years, I have not noticed any serious disparities in terms of quality or consistency from year to year. Creed batch variation, in my opinion, is completely overblown, and is usually a talking point for those who wish to bash the brand.

160 1,040
 10-01-2017, 05:42 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I've smelled Aventus that has smelled not far off Tsar (at least, on my brother) and another that smelled like the pineapple (a sample from Nordstrom)... both within the past 3 years.

So I have to sorta disagree with your disagreement of the disagreement of the..... you know what I mean

62 3,011
 10-01-2017, 06:15 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 05:34 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 02:46 PM)Nevada Red Wrote: Creed is IMO one of the most respected perfumers out there.  I would not concern myself too much with batch codes.  Their quality is very consistent.

I have to disagree.

And I have to disagree with your disagreement. I have owned dozens of bottles of Creed, many different years of the same scent, with years of production anywhere from 2008 to the present. With the exception of my 2010 Aventus being smokier than subsequent years, I have not noticed any serious disparities in terms of quality or consistency from year to year. Creed batch variation, in my opinion, is completely overblown, and is usually a talking point for those who wish to bash the brand.

I have owned 3 Creed GIT, 2 (120 ml) from an official Creed reseller and one as a gift from a Creed store in NY (75 ml).
All 3 were great, but one definitely had a more green vibe to it, the other was more heavy on the violet leaf.
My GF, whi has a fine nose, also agreed that there was definitely some variation between my 3 GIT.

I own one Virgin Island Water 120 ml and I gave one 75 ml VIW to my GF, my bottle is more heavy on the coconut and my GF's more heavy on the lime.
She continues to use mine because she prefer the heavy coconut in that. Mine also lasts longer on her, than her own VIW.

As mentioned I have been through 4 bottles of Aventus, which also confirmed my believe, that Creed fragrances have a tendency to vary quite a bit within the same fragrances.

No doubt the whole batch variation on Aventus is out of proportions, but never the less I do agree, that one Aventus will most likely not smell the same as another Aventus, unless you get the same batch.

Best part is all the batch variations I have owned all smell wonderfull, no matter their batch !!

24 6,019
 10-01-2017, 06:29 PM
User Info
I used to think the batch thing was dung, but I changed my mind after owning multiple bottles of what used to be my all time favorite fragrance (Silver Mountain Water).

The first bottle I ever purchased was the most fresh, longest lasting fragrance I've ever owned.  The metallic note in subsequent bottle purchases rendered the scent unwearable for me.

For the OP asking about samples, I've always had great luck w/ The Perfumed Court.

13 524
 10-03-2017, 10:31 AM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 12:26 PM)Pyro Wrote: Would really love to try Aventus and GIT, and found some good prices, but worried about getting knock offs. Anyone purchased from reputable dealers there and convinced what they have is the true product?

Also, are the batches that different? 17T01 seems to be one that comes up frequently.

I have RR Emporer and really enjoy it. I believe it's supposed to be "a take" on Aventus.
Would love to own a full bottle of each, but trying to find the best deal I can from the most trustworthy source.

Thanks guys.

With creeds the counterfeiters tend to make knockoffs of popular batches that are difficult to obtain. If you decide to buy creed from ebay, then I would implore you to ask them to provide photos of the batch number on the back of the bottle. If you get a batch that was produced no later than 2013, then ask them to provide photos of the bottle with the spray atomizer taken off. Should be a white plastic ring under the atomizer. If it has the white ring it is 100% authentic. If you happen to run across a Aventus 12E02 or 12Z01 keep me informed so I can get one too.

0 18