10-19-2017, 08:50 AM
User Info
(10-18-2017, 08:17 AM)ddk13 Wrote: I got mine yesterday and took it for a run last night.  Due to the flat blade exposure I went with a shallow angle.  Although I got a great shave I wound up with a lot of weepers which is very uncharacteristic for me.  I think I'm gonna have to play around a little bit to find the correct angle for my face.

Try flipping the baseplate so that the four round indentations show on the bottom of the head.  I think it is much smoother this way.

2 1,461
 10-19-2017, 08:52 AM
User Info
I tried the original brass SBS this morning with the baseplate flipped so that the word iKon was showing beneath.  

For some reason a long time ago I decided I liked it better with SBS showing, and also that there wasn't that much difference.  Since then I have never shaved with the iKon showing until this morning.  Interestingly, this time around it actually seemed smoother with iKon showing!  

As for the new SBS, for me it is a better shaver with the four circular indentations showing.  YMMV.

2 1,461
 10-19-2017, 09:16 AM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
(10-19-2017, 08:52 AM)kingfisher Wrote: I tried the original brass SBS this morning with the baseplate flipped so that the word iKon was showing beneath.  

For some reason a long time ago I decided I liked it better with SBS showing, and also that there wasn't that much difference.  Since then I have never shaved with the iKon showing until this morning.  Interestingly, this time around it actually seemed smoother with iKon showing!  

As for the new SBS, for me it is a better shaver with the four circular indentations showing.  YMMV.
Thanks!  I'll give it a try on my next shave.

45 618
 10-19-2017, 09:57 AM
  • 55dougie
  • Doug Korn's Workshop - Artisan
  • NY USA
User Info
Folks, my SBS has no blade issues and I get great shaves.... It shaves more aggressive on the SB side than the OC side, IMHO.... and I use mine with the four dots showing on the bottom... I teamed mine with a RR handle, a heavy combo used with a light touch for close, smooth shaves... I like it so far.
[Image: fullsizeoutput_e5e_zpse75amfra.jpeg]

24 614
 10-19-2017, 10:12 AM
User Info
(10-19-2017, 09:57 AM)55dougie Wrote: Folks, my SBS has no blade issues and I get great shaves.... It shaves more aggressive on the SB side than the OC side, IMHO.... and I use mine with the four dots showing on the bottom... I teamed mine with a RR handle, a heavy combo used with a light touch for close, smooth shaves... I like it so far.
[Image: fullsizeoutput_e5e_zpse75amfra.jpeg]

Yep.  SB side definitely more aggressive.  Look at the blade exposure from the side of the razor head and you'll immediately see why.  

For me, much smoother with the four circular indentations SHOWING.

2 1,461
 Yesterday, 11:03 AM
User Info
Second shave in.  Still enjoying it.  This time I loaded the baseplate with circular indents facing up.  Not as close of a shave as I like with three passes, but a good shave nonetheless.  I agree the SB is more aggressive than the OC, and it seems that the baseplate with the circular indents facing down is more aggressive than when facing up.  Do I have that right?  I'd like to get a longer handle for it as well to balance out the weight of the head and the width of the head.

[Image: nQzAMsG.jpg]

[Image: 7xTdZf7.jpg]

17 1,419
 Yesterday, 01:05 PM
User Info
[Image: 4h65X9g.jpg]

2nd shave with the iKon SBS today. Once again, I got a great shave. This time I tried it with the baseplate not showing the four circular indentations. Very smooth. I think I need a few more shaves to decide which side I like the best. Both seem to work very well.

-- Sammy

0 5