12-15-2017, 09:58 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Not that it would change our lives we could ask Greg from Ikon to answer this highly scientific and earth shattering question....."which side is more aggresive by your design".......I shall not rest or shave again until this question is answered by advanced scientific methodology and perhaps even the supreme court .......please we beg you Greg...help us in our struggle ..... Huh Huh Huh

6 2,088
 12-15-2017, 12:50 PM
User Info
(12-15-2017, 09:58 AM)Harvey Wrote: Not that it would change our lives we could ask Greg from Ikon to answer this highly scientific and earth shattering question....."which side is more aggresive by your design".......I shall not rest or shave again until this question is answered by advanced scientific methodology and perhaps even the supreme court .......please we beg you Greg...help us in our struggle ..... Huh Huh Huh

LOL.

Just take a closer look at the baseplate design. I think you'll be able to tell by examining out which side is designed to be more aggressive.

3 1,844
 12-16-2017, 09:00 AM
User Info
The SB side is always more aggressive than the OC. Both sides are more aggressive with the + facing out.

I shave with the OC first & then the SB side for the second & further passes.

0 179
 12-16-2017, 09:46 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Thanks for the information...quite a good razor for a remarkable price...also fun to use  up/down or sideways.

6 2,088
 12-21-2017, 06:38 AM
User Info
(12-16-2017, 09:00 AM)suffolksupplies Wrote: The SB side is always more aggressive than the OC. Both sides are more aggressive with the + facing out.

Both sides more aggressive with the + facing out??!!! Has this been confirmed? If so my mind is blown because I swear I feel a slight difference but I thought I was going insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 28
 12-21-2017, 10:24 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
You would think that the company who designed the razor (IKON) could have the decency to explain this design ....after all they made the razor...what is the big deal about a 1 minute explanation of their own product...even in jest...the product is great...I like it a lot...just comment "officially" what he intended the + and the 4 dots to indicate....come on Greg.....one minute of your time...(Rockwell put numbers on their plates...they explain what they are...just saying...Is this sooooo damn hard?)

6 2,088
 12-21-2017, 08:06 PM
User Info
(12-21-2017, 06:38 AM)Bayareashaves Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 09:00 AM)suffolksupplies Wrote: The SB side is always more aggressive than the OC. Both sides are more aggressive with the + facing out.

Both sides more aggressive with the + facing out??!!! Has this been confirmed? If so my mind is blown because I swear I feel a slight difference but I thought I was going insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confirmed by me through use, for sure. 

No official confirmation, though.

3 1,844
 01-06-2018, 12:23 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Does anyone know (or care) that Ikon Razors...aka Shave Craft also bills their razors under the Modern Razor heading and hardly ever answers any email when sent to the contact web site Ikon Razors @gmail.com......don,t get me wrong the razors are great and I have no complaints....just seems impossible to ever get hold of Greg at the company site .....been buying from them for years and have almost every razor they ever made so I,m a happy customer...just curious...

6 2,088
 01-06-2018, 12:42 PM
User Info
The only time I needed to contact them was when my order at the site didn't go through because of international shipping which was refused and they e-mailed me right back with an invoice.
I've read though that Greg takes his time with answering. I can live with that, because their razors are fantastic and reasonably priced. They can also be bought elsewhere.

0 444
 01-06-2018, 01:28 PM
User Info
Greg has always been courteous and prompt with me, but I’ve not had too many occasions where i needed to give him a shout.

0 276
 02-22-2018, 08:53 AM
User Info
@ jmudrick

9505142 is the patent IB was referring to. The claim is that only Rockwell can sell a razor with a baseplate that can be flipped to provide a different blade gap.

0 179
 02-22-2018, 08:57 AM
User Info
(02-22-2018, 08:53 AM)PaulM Wrote: @ jmudrick

9505142 is the patent IB was referring to. The claim is that only Rockwell can sell a razor with a baseplate that can be flipped to provide a different blade gap.
Figured.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 339