10-22-2017, 10:05 AM
User Info
Both my son and I were able to get a razor. Both of us have the aluminum model and liked it enough to get the ss. His first impression was favorable but felt it was heavy. I suppose it is compared to the aluminum. My first shave did not go all that well. Loaded with a fresh Feather Pro I did not feel it was as smooth as the aluminum although I did get a very close shave. Used it again this morning and this time it was just as smooth as the aluminum. Maybe I did a poor prep the first time or the blade just needed to smooth out or maybe it was the ancient MdC I used. At any rate, it’s likely a keeper for both of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

46 489
 10-22-2017, 10:17 AM
User Info
I received my SS a few days ago, and used it yesterday. I borrowed an aluminum version when they were released. I liked the shave, but felt it was a bit in the light side for my liking. I missed the brass release, but was able to acquire one since then, and absolutely love it with a Kai Titan Mild. Liking this design as much as I do, I couldn't resist this SS version. It is lighter than the brass, and I have a heavier brass handle on my brass head (Jurgen Hemple brass aristocrat style), but feel the balance is great in the stainless model.

Once again, I loaded it up with a Kai Titan Mild, and got a fantastic irritation free shave. I'll be giving it another go this afternoon.
When this blade is done, I'll try a Feather Pro. I did try a Feather Pro in the aluminum version if I remember correctly, but didn't care much for it. I'll give it a sporting chance in the SS though.

As far is finish is concerned, the blade sits perfectly, zero issues. The top cap shows a TINY amount of machine markings (on mine they are at the back side of the top cap, I don't feel it at all), even through the bead blasted finish. However, this isn't enough for me to consider, especially considering the price point. I'd be interested to see what the results would be with a little steel wool or high grit emery cloth.
Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

8 375
 10-26-2017, 04:07 AM
User Info
Got my SS General three days ago see below I'm very happy and very please, and the spare Colonial stainless steel handle is for the General aluminium head.

[Image: pC76CgG.jpg]

0 261
 10-26-2017, 04:38 AM
User Info
(10-26-2017, 04:07 AM)SpeedyPC Wrote: Got my SS General three days ago see below I'm very happy and very please, and the spare Colonial stainless steel handle is for the General aluminium head.

[Image: pC76CgG.jpg]

Looks good. Enjoy.

5 1,770
 12-29-2017, 10:05 AM
User Info
Received yesterday and got my first shave with it this morning. Just about identical to its Brass counterpart with better grip and feel because of the knurling. I also felt just a slight more blade feel compared to the Brass one. But still very smooth and efficient with excellent weight and balance. Colonial nailed it again and for the $$$, it's a no brainer for my face and wallet.

[Image: ARGcSQ9.jpg]

1 199
 12-30-2017, 06:26 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(12-29-2017, 10:05 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Received yesterday and got my first shave with it this morning. Just about identical to its Brass counterpart with better grip and feel because of the knurling. I also felt just a slight more blade feel compared to the Brass one. But still very smooth and efficient with excellent weight and balance. Colonial nailed it again and for the $$$, it's a no brainer for my face and wallet.

Easily the best AC razor I've used by leaps and bounds.

80 3,342
 12-30-2017, 07:19 AM
User Info
(12-30-2017, 06:26 AM)Nero Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 10:05 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Received yesterday and got my first shave with it this morning. Just about identical to its Brass counterpart with better grip and feel because of the knurling. I also felt just a slight more blade feel compared to the Brass one. But still very smooth and efficient with excellent weight and balance. Colonial nailed it again and for the $$$, it's a no brainer for my face and wallet.

Easily the best AC razor I've used by leaps and bounds.

Hard to argue with that statement. It’s an excellent shaving tool. But, I still give the edge to my Rx. By the slimmest of margins.....

1 199