10-12-2017, 10:06 PM
User Info
(10-12-2017, 10:04 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 03:08 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: Can't you dunk it in some dissolved barkeeper's friend?

If I read the email announcement right, the head design is different so the gap isn't a direct correlation with aggressiveness relative to the other design. Right?

Correct I had a long talk with Matt today and his evaluation is it's between the .68 Scallop and .68 Open comb but a smoother shaver than either.  He said all the guys that work at Timeless tried it and that was their combined evaluation of the Bronze. Head design is different than the SS model as well. 

We also talked about the patina and we both agreed it will be interesting to see how many owners will just let it go and develop it's own unique patina and those that want it to continue to look like the day it was delivered. One good thing is if you have or know someone with a polishing wheel you can always return it to it original luster very easily and quickly.  I'm going to clean it after use with neutral PH soap or spray on Barkeepers Friend,  blot dry and then use the blowdryer on it on a day to day basis.  You can also spray it with a lacquer but you'd have to do that before you ever use it. Or if you notice a dull patina starting to develop and you want to clean and polish it just mix 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of salt and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Make a paste and rub it all over the razor and let it sit until it drys which takes about 20 -30 minutes then just rinse really well and polish with a really soft cloth like an old T Shirt made out of 100% cotton.   

Enjoy the new Bronze Timeless guys!

0 110
 10-13-2017, 05:36 AM
User Info
Ordered the bronze as well, it looks great. The den lacked Timeless and Mamba razors, both are now on the way!

16 648
 10-14-2017, 06:41 AM
User Info
This flared up my RAD
The razor is ordered and on its way
I was a little turned off by the gap, but I trust that this will be a nice shaver as every razor produced by timeless.
If it ends up too smooth for my taste I will mix it with a ss baseplate

0 48
 10-14-2017, 07:08 AM
User Info
I'm trying to hold off on buying new razors and actually sell some, but this razor is very interesting to me. I'm going to wait for a couple reviews.

7 546
 10-14-2017, 03:27 PM
User Info
Please looking to hear some reviews for the one's to receive this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19 585
 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM
User Info
My Timeless Bronze arrived this morning and it's a thing of beauty!  The flawless workmanship that Timeless is known for really shines in bronze!  I'll let others with more experience (and better prose) do a full review, but in my opinion it shaves very much like the .68 gap.  Comparing the base plate to their stainless shows the bronze to be narrower edge to edge-- a thinner safety bar.  I suppose this is why a .38 feels like a .68?  I'm looking forward to giving it a second try tomorrow and hearing what others think!

0 40
 10-16-2017, 05:08 PM
User Info
I’m exchanging my .95 SB for the bronze. Super stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 47
 10-18-2017, 04:45 AM
User Info
Has anyone received there's?! Mine is set to arrive tomorrow.. I cannot wait to compare in to my .95 open comb!

1 14
 10-18-2017, 05:01 AM
User Info
Supposed to get it Monday, but thanks to the miracles of USPS, it disappeared into the ether until yesterday.  Had a go with it this morning...

OMG.  This is one smooth operator here.  Easily as efficient as the .68mm smooth/scallop SS/Ti heads, perhaps even the open comb.

Full report coming in a short while at Daily Lather!

[Image: IMG_2009.png]

0 3
 10-18-2017, 05:04 AM
User Info
Well, I did my first shave yesterday. Simple Review:

With Wizamet blade (First use): Very smooth (MILD might be a better description), on 2-days growth.
I usually prefer an aggressive razor (Such as Timeless .95) for first set of passes, milder (Such as .68 Timeless) for second set of passes.
SO, TWO sets of passes with touch-ups.

With the Timeless BRONZE: THREE sets of passes with touch-ups to get DFS, but not BBS.

I did, however, find that because it was so MILD, it was a very 'care-free shave'. I never felt that I would get a cut or weeper, and I did NOT.
Was almost a 'care-less shave' ... SO, great for those that like that

ALSO, in regards to .95 Timeless comparison .. NOT any where near that level of 'aggression', more like a .68, but (perhaps) more efficient.
As Timeless indicates: a DIFFERENT razor and experience ... than SS versions ...
It is also HEAVY at a combined weight of 126.2 grams, as per Timeless website, and my digital scale.
Price is GREAT, especially with the $40 stand!

48 414
 10-18-2017, 06:22 AM
User Info
Full review now up - click:

[Image: img_0535.jpg]

0 3
 10-18-2017, 06:30 AM
User Info
What a beauty !!  A47

8 1,683
 10-18-2017, 06:55 AM
User Info
 10-19-2017, 06:01 AM
User Info
Just a heads up. Someone is selling one on DFS for 110 shipped.. now that's a steal!

1 14
 10-19-2017, 06:46 AM
User Info
[Image: qTbhjbL.jpg]

I had my first shave with the Timeless Bronze this morning ( first shave with any Timeless product, actually) and loved it. Efficient and really smooth is how I would describe the shave. So smooth, in fact, that I slowed the shave down a bit as I really enjoyed the feel. Great start to the day, I'll definitely add another Timeless razor to my collection.

16 648
 10-19-2017, 08:19 AM
User Info
(10-19-2017, 06:01 AM)Nh wet shaver Wrote: Just a heads up. Someone is selling one on DFS for 110 shipped.. now that's a steal!

$105 - and it's gone.

0 3
 Yesterday, 05:56 AM
User Info
Is Timeless intent to do more aggressive model of this razor ?

0 8
 Yesterday, 06:30 AM
User Info
(Yesterday, 05:56 AM)am8119 Wrote: Is Timeless intent to do more aggressive model of this razor ?

According to the Timeless website, 

"PLEASE READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PAGE TO SEE THE ANSWERS TO ALL OF THE QUESTIONS THAT YOU ARE GOING TO ASK. BELOW IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE ANSWERS.
  •  [b]THIS RAZOR IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS A SET.  WE ARE NOT GOING TO SELL THE PIECES INDIVIDUALLY[/b]
  • WE DO NOT KNOW IF OR WHEN WE WILL MAKE MORE HANDLE OPTIONS
  • WE DO NOT KNOW IF OR WHEN WE WILL MAKE MORE BLADE GAP OPTIONS
  • WE DO NOT KNOW IF OR WHEN WE WILL USE OTHER MATERIALS I.E. STAINLESS, TITANIUM, ALUMINUM, GOLD, SILVER, BRASS, WOOD, CONCRETE, PARTICLE BOARD, CARDBOARD, CLAY, COPPER OR PLASTIC FOR THIS SAME DESIGN
  • WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO OTHER BASE PLATES AT THIS TIME
  • WE ARE NOT GOING TO DO CUSTOM PARTS FOR THIS RAZOR
  • WE ARE ONLY MAKING THE SCALLOPED CAP FOR THIS RAZOR"

The one in red - above.

8 179
 Yesterday, 06:35 AM
User Info
oh sorry for that ..!

0 8
 10 hours ago
  • Nelenea
  • North Mississippi
User Info
Looks like I might have to order one of these....

0 17