10-14-2017, 05:19 PM
User Info
(10-13-2017, 02:16 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Great! If I may suggest, if you can get your hands on some Prolines you won't regret it. Almost as sharp if not equal to a Feather Pro, with a smoother feel and slightly better durability......

[Image: giphy.gif]

Come on man, quit playing around... The Schick Proline blade is sharper. I didn't choose the Proline blade, the Proline blade chose me.

0 45
 10-14-2017, 06:44 PM
User Info
P-30 all the way for me

0 197
 10-15-2017, 03:09 AM
User Info
I got mine in today's mail, and shaved with it using a Feather AC Pro blade.  
The quality of the shave was good; it's an aggressive razor, but I like aggressive razors.  

The side to side and front to back blade movement has been eliminated in the second iteration.  
However, it has another problem; up and down blade movement.  

If you look carefully at the blade vice, you will see light either above or below the blade.  
By using a dental probe to push down on the blade, or by sliding a piece of paper under the blade to lift up on it, I could move the blade up and down in the blade vice.  
That was with a Feather AC Pro, but using a Feather AC Pro Super (which is 0.5mm thicker) the blade is secure in the vice.  
Since most shavers (myself included) prefer the Pro to the Pro Super, this is a problem.  

I will inform iKon of my findings today.  They seem to have solved one blade vice problem, whilst creating another.  
Unfortunately I do not have a good enough camera to show you the flaw that I'm talking about, but if you look carefully you will see it.  

I don't think I'll keep this razor.

12 194
 10-15-2017, 03:35 AM
User Info
(10-15-2017, 03:09 AM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: I got mine in today's mail, and shaved with it using a Feather AC Pro blade.  
The quality of the shave was good; it's an aggressive razor, but I like aggressive razors.  

The side to side and front to back blade movement has been eliminated in the second iteration.  

If you look carefully at the blade vice, you will see light either above or below the blade.  
By using a dental probe to push down on the blade, or by sliding a piece of paper under the blade to lift up on it, I could move the blade up and down in the blade vice.  
That was with a Feather AC Pro, but using a Feather AC Pro Super (which is 0.5mm thicker) the blade is secure in the vice.  
Since most shavers (myself included) prefer the Pro to the Pro Super, this is a problem.  

I will inform iKon of my findings today.  They seem to have solved one blade vice problem, whilst creating another.  
Unfortunately I do not have a good enough camera to show you the flaw that I'm talking about, but if you look carefully you will see it.  

Maybe a slight variation in finishing tolerance. All it would take is a couple hundredths of an inch to cause that. Fortunately my MR-SE is vice like with no play whatsoever once the head and handle are assembled. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.....

1 121
 10-15-2017, 05:32 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(10-15-2017, 03:35 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 03:09 AM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: I got mine in today's mail, and shaved with it using a Feather AC Pro blade.  

Maybe a slight variation in finishing tolerance. All it would take is a couple hundredths of an inch to cause that. Fortunately my MR-SE is vice like with no play whatsoever once the head and handle are assembled. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.....

Agreed, no movement on mine in any direction.
Sorry to hear, I would contact them and ask for replacement or refund.

59 2,818
 10-15-2017, 06:38 AM
User Info
El Jefe...take II...aka Mr SE...

I want to start off by saying that you can't please everyone, it's impossible!

There's still some play in the razor prior to tightening it. It's not complicated at all, if you had issues with the El Jefe, you will not have any issue aligning the Mr SE.

I loaded it up with a fresh Schick Proline, no surprise there! The blade stays aligned with the cap perfectly. With my thumb on top of the cap and two fingers under the baseplate, I slide the cap back while sliding the baseplate forward.

In this position, the razor was mild yet doing an excellent job. I noticed its mildness during my WTG pass.

After completing my WTG pass and ATG on my neck, I decided to compare it to my ATT SE1 above my jawline. The SE1 was more efficient BBSing the left with less strokes.

When I reached above my lip on the ATT SE1 side, I decided to use the Mr SE, after sliding the baseplate back to the more aggressive position. And it made a difference and upped the efficiency.

For my head shave I left the Mr SE in the more aggressive position and BBSed my head the same as I would with my MMOC, which is pretty much my official head shaver.

The Mr SE stands firm in the aggressive position with my ATT SE1, MMOC, and El Jefe in mild position. The MMOC being open comb gives it a small advantage.

My ATT SE2 V2 and 1912 are noticeable more efficient, but requires more focus.

I started off saying you can't please everyone, well the Mr SE will please two groups of people. The adjustment is not as drastic as the El Jefe. It's like going from a Feather Pro to the wider Pro Super.

I don't know if it was done by design, but it is still adjustable!

There is no alignment issue with the Mr SE!

If you drop a blade in without care or concern and tighten it down, the shave will be great, which is not the case with the El Jefe!

Whether by design or not, the Mr SE is outstanding and a big improvement over the El Jefe.

The El Jefe in its mild position is about the same as the Mr SE in its aggressive position.

0 45
 10-15-2017, 11:30 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Schick'd it today.
For a quick comparison, it was similar to the Feather Pro in terms of feel during the shave, maybe a tiny bit less smooth. Efficiency probably just around the same. The biggest difference, though, for me, between the Schick and Feather Pro is in the post-shave feel of my skin. Much better with the Schick.
Nod goes firmly to the Schick blade. (Based on one shave with each.)

59 2,818
 10-16-2017, 10:29 AM
  • shaveR41
  • Default User Title
  • Millbrae - CA
User Info
(10-15-2017, 11:30 AM)Nero Wrote: Schick'd it today.
For a quick comparison, it was similar to the Feather Pro in terms of feel during the shave, maybe a tiny bit less smooth. Efficiency probably just around the same. The biggest difference, though, for me, between the Schick and Feather Pro is in the post-shave feel of my skin. Much better with the Schick.
Nod goes firmly to the Schick blade. (Based on one shave with each.)

[Image: 22430382_1651233084908157_8085806912936869888_n.jpg]

First use! It's definitely an aggressive razor, I like it a lot. A great deal of blade feel. The feel of the blade reminded me of using an R41, but it's far smoother. I guess some people consider a razor smooth when one doesn't feel the blade. The General Aluminum has that smooth feel. A keeper for sure.

0 24
 10-17-2017, 08:02 PM
User Info
I just shaved with El Jefe Jr for the first time tonight. It’s absolutely fantastic! I find the aggressiveness to be perfect. 5 on a scale to ten. IMHO. Certainly smooth. I’ll take a picture tomorrow but I paired with iKon’s newest handle. I had El Jefe Sr and it was also very nice but didn’t have the patience to correct the alignment. Especially the fact I completely disassemble my razor after each use for a cleaning. A very nice improvement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 47
 10-18-2017, 06:07 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Used the razor for the 4th time, but with the Kai Mild blade for the 1st time.
By far the best shave yet. Not even close.

Ranking the blades used:
1. Kai Mild

8. Schick
9. Feather Pro Guard

12. Feather Professional

59 2,818
 10-18-2017, 06:09 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
Btw, there is nothing mild about the Kai Mild. I think they chose a bad name for the product and I bet a lot of people are turned off by it.
My face was Baby Smooth last night, I couldn't keep my hands down, seriously.

59 2,818
 10-18-2017, 08:28 AM
User Info
(10-18-2017, 06:09 AM)Nero Wrote: Btw, there is nothing mild about the Kai Mild. I think they chose a bad name for the product and I bet a lot of people are turned off by it.

I totally agree! I have uttered those word myself.

I think the name puts a mental block in people's minds. I'll take a Kai Mild PINK over a Feather any day of the week! Fortunately for me Schick made a blade that's superior to both the Kai and Feather blades, the Proline. It's the only AC blade I use and the only reason I still use AC razors.

0 45
 10-18-2017, 10:25 AM
User Info
(10-18-2017, 06:09 AM)Nero Wrote: Btw, there is nothing mild about the Kai Mild. I think they chose a bad name for the product and I bet a lot of people are turned off by it.

My favorite blade.  Very smooth and close.  Haven't tried the proline yet though.  Next on my list.

17 1,419
 10-18-2017, 10:27 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Where is this Schick Proline blade available?.....(live in the USA...CA)

6 2,027
 10-18-2017, 11:04 AM
User Info
(10-18-2017, 10:27 AM)Harvey Wrote: Where is this Schick Proline blade available?.....(live in the USA...CA)

Japan

Search "Rakuten chic proline" on goggle! Small packet shipping...

0 45
 10-18-2017, 12:10 PM
  • shaveR41
  • Default User Title
  • Millbrae - CA
User Info
(10-18-2017, 10:25 AM)wreck | fish Wrote:

My favorite blade.  Very smooth and close.  Haven't tried the proline yet though.  Next on my list.

I have only been using Feather AC Prof. I just ordered some Kai Mild from Japan.

0 24
 10-19-2017, 04:47 PM
User Info
Here's a few pictures of the iKon MR-SE (new El Jefe) with a Paradigm titanium handle.  They really look good together.  Don't you think?

[Image: dNSAov3.jpg][Image: emxuaM7.jpg][Image: VkqAZnX.jpg]

12 194
 10-19-2017, 07:15 PM
  • shaveR41
  • Default User Title
  • Millbrae - CA
User Info
(10-19-2017, 04:47 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: Here's a few pictures of the iKon MR-SE (new El Jefe) with a Paradigm titanium handle.  They really look good together.  Don't you think?

Wow, stunning!

0 24
 Yesterday, 07:08 AM
User Info
(10-19-2017, 04:47 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: Here's a few pictures of the iKon MR-SE (new El Jefe) with a Paradigm titanium handle.  They really look good together.  Don't you think?

Looks good! Thumbsup

1 121