04-16-2019, 03:15 PM
User Info
Thank you - I found my Cleo on your site :-)

21 143
 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM
User Info
(04-16-2019, 03:15 PM)IanG153 Wrote: Thank you - I found my Cleo on your site :-)

The Cleo seems to be a little under-appreciated. It's one of my personal favorites, both aesthetically and ergonomically. And the design is deeply rooted in wet-shaving tradition.

3 1,470
 04-16-2019, 04:15 PM
User Info
Ah Vintage Port.. on my  list.  Beautiful.

13 1,919
 04-16-2019, 05:02 PM
User Info
I really do like the Cleo - feels great in my hand - I wasn't going to buy it (I kept looking at pictures of it in the sale post every day) but the color of the handle (which, thank you, I've now learned is Vintage Port).... I couldn't help myself, and I'm glad I gave in!

21 143
 04-21-2019, 08:16 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
All of you have heard, seen or read about each or all of the Oscar Brothers may it have been on TV, the Movies, in News Newspaper and Magazines on the Evening News or the internet. The Oscar Brothers have lived a life very few people can imagine, the stories I can tell about these men are why books are written, why movies are made. So to all you people out there please let me introduce to the Oscar Brothers

All you have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar with one of the beautiful women that inspired Modigliani to paint. He's highly intelligent like his brothers, he himself is a famous painter and sculpture as well as a world renown author. Harlequin is suave, he's sophisticated as well as a cade who at times has no morals, no boundaries with the women he seduces.

Then there's Honey Noir Oscar called the Surfer Dude or Sweet Honey he's the bad boy of the family, there's no daredevil risks or personal challenge he won't attempt and he always succeeds an incorrigible adventurer, Formula 1 cars, rock face climbing, swimming with the great whites, Whale exploring at the Poles, Dune Buggy racing in the Sahara, mercenary work in the Middle East and then there was the Moon Walk as Sweet Honey put it "it was out of this world", just to name just a few of his accomplishments. He's a carefree guy, a real charmer, likes smokin his grass, he's the original bad boy and yes he's broken the law.

International movie star Graphite Oscar is tall dark very handsome, he is world renown actor-director on stage and screen, he's an author, sportsmen and of course, he is every bit of a rake (it's in the family DNA). He has won multiple awards for his art and received worldwide honors in recognition of his humanitarian efforts, in short, he's irresistible.

And then there is Vintage Port Oscar the banker, Harvard, Stanford, MIT and Oxford he invests and advises only the wealthiest of clientele the Rothschilds, Buffet, Gates, Bezos, Blackstone Group, Goldman Saks. He knows trends before they happen, he understands, breaks down, computes world Economies in seconds in his head. And like his brothers, he's charming as sin, handsome, athletic, understands human nature and drive, quietly exudes power.

The Oscar Brothers (as far as we know there could be a few others that I have not tracked down yet)

[Image: e0FIXL5.jpg]
You have already been introduced to Harlequin Oscar, Now here a day in the life of Honey Noir Oscar 

Good morning Dude Suzanne been looking for, she's going after those Bitchin Bombs that we've been waiting for all year at East Bay, everyone's been lookin for ya. By the way, if you have some time later on, I would love to talk to you about some projects I want to do, I could use your help. 

[Image: DbJzdfr.jpg]

Hey Dude, hey Dude we hear those waves are Bitchin. We picked up a few kegs of beer and a pig to roast, it's party time at the Bay. What a great day this is going to be all we want to do is shack and fade as many times as we can and party away. Dude ya better hurry those Bombs aren't going to wait for ya, and a party ain't a party without ya. 

[Image: WUlLac5.jpg]

There are no words to describe this experience, except this is the true meaning of life (only if you're a true loony toon surfer). 

[Image: LpWDaYC.jpg]

Hey Dude, Hi my Darlin Suzanne, Dude you left early I was going to make you breakfast. It was a good thing you did leave early I got over here as fast as I could and all I can tell ya is the Bombs keep rollin in. I'm glad to see ya, you know I love riding the heavies with ya. Hey Dude if you want I'll make ya an early breakfast. Suzanne Darlin, what more can a man ask for. 

[Image: crVNoM6.jpg]
Bomb - a massive wave
Fade - when a surfer puts themselves into the most powerful part of the wave
Heavy - big, awesome waves
Shack - riding a great big barrel

60 758
 04-21-2019, 09:41 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Nice brushes, etc

16 807
 04-22-2019, 04:11 AM
User Info
Just amazing!

3 1,470
 04-23-2019, 01:06 PM
User Info
(04-04-2019, 03:02 AM)German Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 09:54 PM)number six Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 06:14 PM)German Wrote: Krakatoa is a favorite of mine. You beat me to it! I went with Neptune instead!

[Image: b2TsTGr.jpg]

Looks great in Neptune. Is that a 28mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I have a 26 mm Neptune Moe with a fan on its way to me Smile

1 32
 04-24-2019, 09:26 AM
  • Niro884
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
The Oscar and a the Moby are quickly becoming favorites, but you can never forget the Cleo or the Tut.  They are both way too cool and steeped in tradition to be forgotten; hence why I get all of them  Wink

71 950
 05-02-2019, 09:41 AM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
Every morning faced with the same question: 
Which one of these beauties to choose?

[Image: l6i4FxG.jpg]

44 2,075
 05-05-2019, 05:25 AM
  • Niro884
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
(05-02-2019, 09:41 AM)German Wrote: Every morning faced with the same question: 
Which one of these beauties to choose?

[Image: l6i4FxG.jpg]

Those are beautiful and a great problem to have every morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

71 950
 05-18-2019, 03:55 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Unless I am doing something wrong, I do not find there is much diversity in Paladin brushes.  I open website, Brush Shop, make sure both "In Stock" and "Disco" are checked

[Image: LA6C88Z.jpg]

16 807
 05-18-2019, 05:02 PM
User Info
(05-18-2019, 03:55 PM)SCOV Wrote: Unless I am doing something wrong, I do not find there is much diversity in Paladin brushes.  I open website, Brush Shop, make sure both "In Stock" and "Disco" are checked

[Image: LA6C88Z.jpg]

Very nice Paladin Disco collection!

59 9,337
 05-21-2019, 01:15 PM
User Info
My first Paladin..... 
[Image: Zvx6ygJ.jpg][Image: badj1Hk.jpg]

Can't wait to give it a whirl tomorrow!

5 1,013
 05-21-2019, 01:16 PM
User Info
Damn that was fast! Mine will be here tomorrow

1 137
 05-21-2019, 01:31 PM
User Info
(05-21-2019, 01:16 PM)Kehole Wrote: Damn that was fast! Mine will be here tomorrow

Very fast indeed, but that's the norm for BullGoose.  Congratulations on acquiring one, and we'll look forward to photos when yours arrives.

59 9,337
 05-27-2019, 07:34 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
The untold story of the 8th Samurai

History has been telling of the exploits of the 7 Samurai (Saburau) that has inspired people throughout the world to do great things in battle and in life, books have been written and movies made. Yet as this story has been told one very important Samurai in missing, Why is this? Is it because the retelling of these men worked better with the number 7, that lucky number 7?

After doing years of research traveling the 4 corners of the earth I found out the true story of the legend, there were 8 Samurais. What I am relaying here is the true history on how the 7 Samurai was actually 8. This is what I uncovered deep in manuscripts and piecing together folklore.

After hearing the plight of the village Kambei Shimada recruited 6 Samurais hoping to get ronin Samurai Paladin Neptune 8 to join up, he knew that the great Neptune 8 had offered his services for free or at the very lest for wine women and song when he felt strongly about injustice. Kambei had fought alongside Neptune 8 in many battles in which Neptune had shaved (saved) Kambei life on numerous occasions. As far Kambei was concerned there was no finer warrior then Neptune 8 and if the Samurais had any chance in saving the village, defeating the 40 bandits, Neptune 8 had to be with them.

And so when the great battle had ended there were actual 4 Samurais who live not 3 as the story was told. As far as the aftermath of this battle Neptune 8 continued on his long journey of self-reflection while wielding his sword for justice.

Below are photos ( believe it or not the Japanese were very technically advanced in the late 1500s, in fact, if can believe a group of men was thinking about opening a business called Sony) of Neptune 8 with some of the warriors that fought alongside him. Please notice below there are a few photos of the 12th gen grandson of Neptune's 8 who is following in the family's great Samurai tradition and family namesake as he journeys out to new frontiers offering his extraordinary skills to help those battling injustice (of cause payment would be wine women and song).

[Image: 1U0l4VG.jpg]

[Image: vnWJnE7.jpg]

Paladin Samuraiiiiiiiii Neptune 8 in Space

The credo of Paladin Neptune 8

"Where ever there is injustice, where ever there is lawlessness Samurai Neptune 8 will always bring order to the universe no matter where no matter how long it takes he will give his 2 band to his last hair". 

As the ship passes earth, we hear music coming from the ship 

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars 
let me know what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars"

[Image: 56Zzvin.jpg]

60 758
 05-27-2019, 12:26 PM
User Info
Absolutely wonderful! 

Your photos and "stories" delight and inspire us. 

The greatest reward comes from what the brushes we make inspire for others, whether it simply be an elevated shaving experience or a creative flight of fancy.

3 1,470
 05-30-2019, 07:10 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I only have three Paladins right now but, I will definitely be adding more. Ken has really raised the bar on shaving brushes.

52 20,918
 06-11-2019, 09:16 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Walter, Donny, and the Dude were mesmerized by the purple jump-suited Jesus who had just thrown a strike. It was at that moment the Jesus turned to the boys and went into a little dance and said, "There is nobody better than Jesus Quintana, nobody bowls better than The Jesus, nobody dances better than The Jesus, nobody is prettier than The Jesus and nobody has a longer or sexier tongue than The Jesus".

He then said "let me tell you, lowlifes, something. I The Jesus took my first winning ball and sent it to Paladin and I had them make me The Jesus the best shaving brush in the world from the best Ball in the world because nobody has Balls like The Jesus. Now I'm going to take this most beautiful Ball and again send it to Paladin so they can again make me the most Beautiful Brushes in the world (from my Balls), which out of the goodness of my heart give each of you pieces of S__t one, and on the brush there will be inscribed from The Jesus himself the most profound words that you will never forget "Nobody F__ks with THE JESUS".   At this point, The Jesus with his slick hair kept in place by a hairnet sashayed away in his ridiculous purple jumpsuit.

Disclaimer
Because of the tender sensibilities of those in the shaving community, I have not included any of The Jesus and Walters remarks, also without saying you know what Walter would have said to Donny.

[Image: bbr6yeF.jpg]The Big Lebowski

60 758