10-15-2017, 06:52 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Here's another brush about which I can find no information. It is finely-lathed and polished Catalin.

I don't know where it was made, but I would guess England. Despite saying "BMW", the logo does not resemble anything I have ever seen or researched re BMW Germany (engines, cars, etc).

I am sure it's a mixed loft brush, and the wording details (decal, stamp, etc) say:

"The LUXA Long Wear Luxury Brush 5" ... and  "BMW (Dependable) Guaranteed Sterilized".

The other side says "BMW Dependable".

The knot is 17mm; the base is 30mm across. The handle stands 48mm, and the loft is 45mm.

Anyone seen anything like it? Pictures:

[Image: xExnTu7.jpg]
[Image: uwVvtFG.jpg]

0 1,876
 10-15-2017, 07:42 PM
User Info
That’s a sweet brush! Never seen anything like it.

63 1,597
 10-17-2017, 07:42 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Shaun, you post the coolest shave gear. Thanks for sharing (again).

7 2,441
 10-17-2017, 09:38 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
(10-17-2017, 07:42 PM)chazt Wrote: Shaun, you post the coolest shave gear. Thanks for sharing (again).

Why thank you. Check my new post today about another find from the wild Smile

0 1,876
 01-04-2018, 07:36 PM
User Info
(10-15-2017, 06:52 PM)Shaun Wrote: Here's another brush about which I can find no information. It is finely-lathed and polished Catalin.

I don't know where it was made, but I would guess England. Despite saying "BMW", the logo does not resemble anything I have ever seen or researched re BMW Germany (engines, cars, etc).

I am sure it's a mixed loft brush, and the wording details (decal, stamp, etc) say:

"The LUXA Long Wear Luxury Brush 5" ... and  "BMW (Dependable) Guaranteed Sterilized".

The other side says "BMW Dependable".

The knot is 17mm; the base is 30mm across. The handle stands 48mm, and the loft is 45mm.

Anyone seen anything like it? Pictures:

[Image: xExnTu7.jpg]
[Image: uwVvtFG.jpg]

I recently purchased a vintage brush and need some addition info on it. There is no makers mark and only has a partial sticker. From what the seller told me, his father bought it in Germany in the 60's, and that pans out due to one word I can make out is Dachshaar which translates from german to badger hair.

Here are a couple pis ...

[Image: dCtlCOh.jpg]
and a close up
[Image: 6lBfPHX.jpg]

Let me know if you have any ideas. I looks like a tulip Simpson, but it's not, unless Simpson made it for another retailer.

Thank you for your help.

0 597
 01-06-2018, 04:36 AM
  • German
  • Simpson 2 Band Aficionado
  • USA
User Info
The label reads "Dachshaar". Hence, it is a German brush.

39 1,920